Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. J.S. DugalYour feedback matters!
My bp is normal with medicine. Sugar fasting and ppbs are normal with insulin 30 day time and 25 night time with glizid 80 mg daily once orally. Creatinine level gone up from 2-5 to 2-8 after glizis was added. Is this increase of creatinine 2.8 due to glizid. I am on KETOCHECK 3 TIMES SINCE FEB/16. I was given angioplasty at one place in Jan/16 and radiologically ok and stable.
I have been suffering from fear and my heart beating fast before 12 year than I consult doctor and doctor write tab. C pharm s10 and equilibrium I take this and relief me kya ye tab. Me chor sakata hu.
Hello Dr. I am 36 years old and 115 kg weight. In recent medical tests my triglycerides is high and also my TSH is 15.5 and T3, T4 is normal. B.p- 140/90, vitamin D deficiency, fbs-105, ppbs-141, HDL- 43, LDL-144, S cholesterol - 204. I have started doing exercise. But diet also important. So, please help in the proper diet and I am fond of non veg and what all precautions shall I take.
My left hand getting pain again and again when I Will try to speed up of walk. I am a heart patient also. My ecg is not good.please help
I'm 33 years old. My height is 182 &waight is 98. I am bp patient from last 2 years. Can I have possibility of diabetes?
Pulmonary hypertension is a medical condition that arises when the blood pressure remains consistently high in the vessels of the lungs. This condition can develop from a completely unrelated medical condition and is more prevalent among women.
Pulmonary Hypertension can be a hard disease to diagnose. While it has no permanent cure, the medication depends on how far the disease has advanced. From group 1 PAH to group 5 PAH, pulmonary hypertension has 5 stages of advancement.
Here is a list of 10 ways by which this disease can be kept under control along with the prescribed medication:
- Quit smoking: Smoking aggravates pulmonary hypertension. It has adverse effects on both the heart and the lung. It is therefore of utmost importance to quit smoking. If you fail to control your urge of smoking, contact your doctor who can suggest a quitting plan.
- Avoid high altitude: Patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension should avoid flying and living at high altitude. An altitude of 8000 feet and above can worsen the symptoms. It is therefore suggested that you do not take flights for travelling or come down below the altitude of 2428 meters if you are living in hilly areas.
- A healthy diet: A healthy diet consisting of fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat and whole grains should be consumed on a daily basis. A nutritious diet goes a long way in keeping pulmonary hypertension in check.
- Adequate rest: A minimum of 8 hours of sleep is recommended for patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension. A good night’s sleep and frequent naps keeps fatigue at bay.
- Pregnancy and birth control pills: Avoiding pregnancy is a must for patients suffering from this disease. Pregnancy can be life threatening for the both the baby and the mother. Birth control pills should be avoided as well. It greatly increases the chance of blood clots.
- Maintain a steady blood pressure: Any activities that lower the blood pressure should be avoided by all means. Spending too much time in a bathtub or prolonged stress increases the chances fainting.
- Become more active: Patients of pulmonary hypertension often run out of breath with little to no activity. While activities such as weight lifting should be strictly avoided, some exercise or daily jogging can fetch good result in keeping a patient healthy.
- Get vaccine on time: Doctors often suggest vaccines if the patient suffers from pneumonia or influenza. It should be ensured that such vaccines are taken on time. For patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension, prolonged exposure to diseases such as pneumonia can wreak havoc.
- Regular checkup: Regular follow up with the doctor is of prime importance. Any possible side effects or deterioration can be arrested with constant supervision.
- On time medication: Patients of pulmonary hypertension should ensure that all the medicines suggested by the doctor are taken at regular intervals as per prescribed dosage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
I used to take BP medicine, I stopped because I thought to control by changing diet. Now when I checked it's still 172/100. How can I control my Blood Pressure.
In the Thyrocare checkup report it is observed that my Triglycerides increased up to 468 mg/dl and VLDL cholesterol increased to the level of 93 mg/dl, please suggest what I have to do?
My father has high blood pressure .he takes repace 50 ,telmikind h80 and pan40 everyday by consulting a doctor. Is it okay to take these 3 medicines daily and what could be the side effects?
I have problem of chest pain and coughing from last ten days and so weakness as well. Please advice me what should I do?
I had chest pain and tightness, heavy sweating .went for cardiologist. Echo done. It shows mitral valve prolapse with trivial Mr. Is anything serious?
R/Dr I suffer in acidity, back pain, upper chest pain& swollen Dr. suggest me lanol ER, tricaine, coral calcium, uprise D3 but I have continuous pain & my body swell. please help my why my body swell and m feeling pain? This is due to the acidity or because of other factor? please prescribe me or suggest me proper way.
Hi sir/mam. I am Rahul. Age-26 years. I take chlorthalidone 12.5 mg and my bp is under control. I was thinking about starting with cholecalciferol 400IU daily as a preventive measure for osteoporosis. My question is will vit D3 cause over calcium build up in serum as calcium buildup is a side effect of thiazide diuretics? I was also thinking about starting magnesium glycinate due to its high bioavailability at 100 mg dose. Shall I start with Mg?
Hi doctor I am having neck, shoulder, upper arm, upper chest pain and burning sensation over upper arm and left ribs from 10 months. so, what to do?
My father has diabetes for last 15 years, and he has also high Blood pressure for last 8 yrs, he is taken medicines for both diseases prolong time, is their any chances of side effect? Another question is blood sugar level is not remain normal in all the time, after taking medicine also, why is this fluctuation? Is there any medicine for controlling Sugar level? He is maintaining a diabetic diet also.
Making few dietary changes and losing weight are effective for reducing the blood pressure.
1) Lose weight if you are overweight or obese.
2) Eat a healthy diet, including more of fruits, vegetables, and low fat dairy products, less saturated and total fat.
3) Potassium is an important for the maintenance of high blood pressure e.g coconut water, banana etc.
4) Exercise regularly atleast for 30 mins.
1) Reduce the salt intake.
2) Avoid canned, prepackaged, or processed foods.
3) Avoid smoking and alcohol.
4) Avoid stress.