Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. J. PanseYour feedback matters!
I am 45 years old. After returning from high hilly area ie. Siachin glacier at the height of 15000' where negligible oxygen availability (in the year 2007), feeling light pain in knee joint. Also got hurt in right knee with rock and some times feeling more in right knee. Specially after seating for quite long at one place but not always or while walking in the beginning. After walking some times it goes off.
I have headache and little bit backpain problem when I am getting stress and also getting anxiety at more times unwantedly I can not get rid of these ones and when I am tried to stop it creates even more problems what can I do I am doing exercises regularly tell me any suggestions.
I had a fracture on the right hand shoulder. There was a operation of the shoulder. After six months that is the operation I had on october 2014. Now it is may, 2015 I am cannot completely lift the right hand and also cannot do all work with the right hand. There is some pain after I when I lift the right hand upwards. Please advise completely.
For e. G I am 25yr old male and have backache for last 2 months. What should I do? for e. G I am 25yr old male and have backache for last 2 months. What should I do? for e. G I am 25yr old male and have backache for last 2 months. What should I do?
I am a 53years old woman underwent hysterectomy n bilateral oophorectomy. I experience hot n cold flashes frequently n extreme pain in legs- especially foot n knees even with very less work load. Please give your advice to improve along with your opinion about estrogen injections.
Severe back pain during my office hours. I have tried many pain killers. Still no relief. What I should do?
I am 21 year old male who is been suffering from a neck pain and shoulder pain since almost a week .due to cold climatic conditions I cough (due to mucus accumulation) and when I do my neck hurts. I don't consult any doc nor did I use any medicines. Just used a balm for instant relief so that I can sleep.
I am 59 years old. In hip joint blood clocked. I have taken medicine in 1988 for a six months. After that nearly 8 to 10 years I have no pain. Nowadays once/twice in a month pain is coming. I am not taking any medicians.
There is continuous pain in my right knee. After getting MRI it comes out hypertenisity in medial collateral ligament and minimal fluid in join space. Now how much time it will take fr treatment. How can I get treated.
My cousin has a problem of rheumatoid arthritis from the last 3 years. Every doc saying it's dangerous. Presently having serious back pain.
Hi, I have swelling in legs from past 10 days I don't have any pain but the swelling made my legs fluffy. Is this thing should I need to take serious? Or can I ignore it?
Paralysis can be concluded as the state when the muscles lose functioning in any part of the body. Any kind of disruption in our nerve system can be responsible enough to cause paralysis. Our central nervous system and peripheral nervous system communicate and control our senses of movement. But interruption in nerve impulses can cause weakness in muscles which leads to muscle paralysis.
A paralysed patient will encounter symptoms like:
- Decreasing the motor power
- Decreasing vasomotor control
- Loss of sensation
- Decreasing bowel and bladder control
- Losing the ability of sexual function.
When it comes to treating a paralysis patient, physiotherapy is proven to be the best remedy. Physiotherapy has thoroughly helped patients with paralysis in getting to feel confident and independent. Physiotherapy includes various exercises and techniques which are developed with time in order to provide a complete rehabilitation to the patients.
Types of paralysis:
There are mainly four types of paralysis
- Monoplegia: when one limb gets paralysed
- Hemiplegia: when arm and leg of a single side get paralysed
- Paraplegia: when legs get paralysed
- Quadriplegia: when both sides get paralysed
Treating paralysis with physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy is advised to patients with any type of paralysis. It should be started soon in order to improve blood circulation in the muscles. It also helps in relaxing the stiff muscles. This treatment improves the overall health condition of the patient.
- Physiotherapy is also responsible for reducing any kind of swelling which takes place due to external brain injury.
- Physiotherapy is helpful in making the patient stable and independent.
- It also helps in maintaining the blood pressure.
- It helps to improve the respiratory system.
- Physiotherapy maintains the affected muscles and nerves. It provides strength to the affected muscles and works to prevent the limbs from getting deformed.
- One major symptom of paralysis is a loss of bladder and bowel function. Physiotherapy helps in managing the paralysed bowel and bladder.
- Physiotherapy involves different techniques which can be learnt from a physiotherapist in order to transfer a paralysed patient.
- Othorsis, canes, braces, splints are the equipment that are advised to the patient by a professional physiotherapist.
- Physiotherapy helps in resolving problems such as anxiety, anger, depression, denial which takes place after post-paralysis mental trauma.
- Physiotherapist provides safeguarding tips to the patient and his or her family in order to avoid accidents.
- Physiotherapy has a big role in creating the motivation in patient's mind.
These are the benefits of physiotherapy which help the paralyzed limbs getting stronger and better. But it is always advised to be done under a professional physiotherapist.
Osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee is a severe joint problem, that has become highly prevalent in India. It is a major cause of lack of mobility, particularly among women. Currently, total knee replacement (TKR) surgery is a common solution for OA knee. However, there are risks associated with it. Surgeries for knee OA often throw up mixed results. Sometimes, TKR leaves patients with unresolved pain and loss of function for long periods. Now, however, doctors in USA have come up with the Bionicare Knee System which works by sending therapeutic electrical currents to the joint with an un-loader brace, that reduces pain and improves overall health of the joint. This is the most thoroughly researched, clinically proven, non invasive, non-drug alternative for the treatment of the knee.
5 benefits of using this treatment:
1. Effective pain relief
2. Non surgical, non-invasive and non-drug treatment
3. No adverse effects
4. Decreases dependency on painkillers
5. Improves function and quality of life
My recommendation to patients who have chronic knee issues, knee injuries, knee pain etc (particularly if doctors have suggested you surgeries for the same), is to try this treatment instead.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.