Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Inamdar
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. InamdarYour feedback matters!
My german shepherd is now 4 months old ,very active . Giving steamed vegetables like carrot,cucumber, gourd,pumpkin,raddish and patta gobhi with curd and 5 chappati in each meal(Twice Daily) along with 50-60 gms of Pedigree.Sometomes egg too in this meal,will potato is advisable.Is any multivtamin or liver supplement to be given at this stage?
I equally love both my cats. But the elder one is jealous of little one. How should I treat her so that she would stay happily with little one? My cat is always ready to initiate a fight with the other one? Please help me to understand her psychology??
My dog, Jay, is a German Shepherd and he is three months old. He is skinny and he weighs nearly 8.5 kg. Is this the appropriate weight or should he be weighing more? if so what should be done?
Hi, Issue with an GSD male dog. Age: 2 and 1/2 years of weight 32 kgs. It is facing problem with limping of his front left leg. It can walk and no swelling happened. I consult my vet, he prescribed me calcium deficiency and multi vitamin syrup and also please suggest me the best deworming medicine and dosage for it. Thank you.
HI, I have a budgie, he is not able 5 o walk or fly, seems too week, I tried to search the some symptoms on YouTube, seems like she is suffering from egg binding issue, can any vet so treatment for this, most of the best seems helpful to dogs not sure about birds.
Your body cannot sustain without food and nutrition because it needs to be productive and healthy. What you consume on a daily basis will determine how your health will be in the present and future. But the current generation, despite knowing so much about healthy eating follow extremely unhealthy diets. One of the biggest reasons why the young generation has such unhealthy food habits is because they are busy almost all the time and this serves as an excuse for not having proper meals.
The percentage of young people eating unhealthy food has risen by 35% and overall obesity by 44%. The kind of food you put in your body when you are young will mostly stay on for the rest of your life. So, it is incredibly important to follow a healthy and nutritious diet.
Complications and dangers due to lack of good nutrition
Lack of poor nutrition translates into making your body vulnerable to a host of illnesses. It will greatly affect your overall health and lead to a lot of health complications which you may not be able to undo once you get older. Some of the health risks are:
- Type-2 diabetes
- Weak teeth and tooth decay
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Inflated blood pressure
- Increase in cholesterol level
- Bone decay leading to osteoporosis
- Eating disorders such as bulimia, anorexia, pica, rumination and binge-eating disorder
- Acidity or heartburn
- Improper sleep
- Long standing ailments such as arthritis and cancer
Why following a nutritious diet is beneficial for you?
Following a healthy diet can go a long way in ensuring that you stay in optimal health not just when you are young but also when you get older. What you consume today will have a direct effect on your body in the future. Some of the benefits of a nutritious diet are:
- Immune system- Good diet will strengthen your immune system, which in turn means you, will have to deal with less illnesses. Consuming proper amounts of vitamins B, C, E, A, iron, selenium and zinc helps a lot in ensuring this. You will feel stronger and healthier and will have a lot energy.
- Healthy and strong teeth and bones- Calcium is an ingredient that helps in maintaining, developing and having strong teeth and bone health. You can get calcium not just from dairy products but also from fruit juices, salmon, sardines, broccoli, soya products and kale. Vitamin D rich foods like fish oils can also give you a lot of calcium since this type of vitamin helps in your body in absorbing calcium.
- Lowers risk of type-2 diabetes- Eating high-fibre and low-fat foods contribute towards decreasing your risks of getting type-3 diabetes and also helps in preserving a healthy weight and BMI (Body Mass Index).
- Management of weight- Having a lot of fruits, vegetables, protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and healthy fats helps in controlling your weight. Having nutrient-rich food keep you full and stops you from binging on things that are high in sugar and fats.
- Cardiac health- Fishes like salmon, hilsa, anchovies etc., filled with omega-3 fatty acids are heavily beneficial for ensuring a healthy heart. These foods also cuts down the risks of heart disease. Apart from oily fishes, low-fat milk products and fruits and vegetables also help in keeping your cholesterol and blood pressure in check.
No matter how much you exercise, nothing can substitute a good and nutritious diet because as you get older you may not be able to work out but if you follow a proper diet, it will ensure that you stay in good health and good spirits. You can have junk food once in a while, but always remember that a good diet will always enrich your life and health.
Hi I have a pair of guinea pigs one male and another female so female's upper tooth are broken and she not eating any type and now near condition is very serious so please help me doctor
Like human beings, dogs along with other mammals too suffer from arthritis, particularly when they are aging. Younger dogs can also suffer from arthritic changes which can be painful and uncomfortable for the dog. This pain is caused by different signs and symptoms of arthritis and being aware of those signs can help you access early treatment and recovery.
- Limping on the legs: This is the first sign of arthritis when you see your dog limp on one or more of his legs. Under certain circumstances, the limp is seen to be in its severe state when the dog first rises and then it gradually becomes unnoticeable when the dog warms up.
- Difficulty in moving: The dog may be reluctant in moving or taking part in its favorite activities. It could be something like playing in the backyard or getting inside the car or going up and down the stairs. If this is the case with your dog, then you should not ignore it and look for medical assistance.
- Discomfort in the spinal region: Arthritic alterations may not only occur in the legs of the dog, but also in the several parts of its body. These alterations may result in abnormal posture, sore and swelling of the neck or lameness in the hind legs.
- Tiredness and fatigue: You may have known your dog to be very active, but these days, you see it become tired too easily. For your dogs, this could mean that the walks have shortened and even painful. When plagued by these conditions, your dog would want to spend most of its time resting and sleeping.
- Easily irritated: Arthritic animals, be it a cat or a dog is definite to be irritated very easily. Some of them may even bite or scratch when handled or approached. The condition is even worsened when the pet is handled in a way that triggers its arthritic pain.
- Dying off of the tissues in the muscle: When a dog suffers from arthritis, it may also cause muscle atrophy or dying off of the muscle owing to decreased movement of the muscle and inactivity. When the dog has muscle atrophy, the legs would become thinner than normal legs.
- Licking the affected area: Dogs who are suffering from arthritic pain may develop a habit of biting, chewing and licking the affected area. Even though it is normal to indulge in such activities, it may reach an extent where the area becomes inflamed or there is a loss of hair in those areas in the body.
It is not that your dog would all of these signs if it has arthritis and therefore, you must consult with a reputed veterinarian if you see any of these signs without further delay.
Finally osteoarthritis is a multifactorial disease. Genetic predisposition, inherited skeletal disorders like hip dysplasia, pollution factors inducing free radical damage may make your dog prone to oasteoarthiris. Obesity is a common factor which aggravates the sufferings. Dietary management, physical managements like controlled exercise & swimming, physiotherapy and feed supplements that protect joints & bone structures along with available commercial diets for nourishing those delicate structures may be a good gateway tovprovide your beloved pet a quality life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
The number one way to communicate to a dog that you are his pack leader is to take him/her for a Pack walk daily, where the dog is made to heel beside or behind the human who is holding the lead. This is most important for all dogs, as in a dog?s mind, the leader always leads the way.
A dog must not be allowed to sniff or eliminate anywhere he wishes, but only where you allow him.
The dog should be concentrating on following the human.
All humans must eat before the dogs.
No table scraps should be fed to the dog during a meal.
Feedings must be at a scheduled time.
Humans must not let the dog go through any doorway first.
When you have left the house or the room, even for a minute and come back, ignore the dog for a few minutes.
A simple obedience command should be given before any pleasurable interaction with the dog. A child in the house should give the commands at least once a day and reward the dog with a treat when the command is followed.
You should not lie on the floor to watch TV when the dog is around, as a human should never put himself in an equal or lesser height position than the dog.
You are the first one who greets newcomers; the dog is the last that gets attention.
If a dog is lying in your path, do not walk around the dog, either make the dog move or step over the dog.
If you establish eye contact with the dog, the dog must avert his gaze first. Tell the children not to have staring contest with the dog.
Dogs must not sleep in your bed.
Games of fetch or play with toys must be started and ended by the human.
Dog should not be allowed to lie on your furniture.
No tug?of?war, as this is a game of power and you may lose the game giving the dog reinforcement (in the dog?s mind) of top dog.
Dogs need to be taught ?drop it? or ?release? command.
Dogs should not be allowed to pull on the leash.
When you put the food dish down, the dog must wait until you give the "OK" to eat it.
Small dogs or puppies who demand to be picked up or put down should not get what they want until they sit or do another acceptable quiet behavior.
Dogs should never be left unsupervised with children or anyone who cannot maintain leadership over the dog.
Last but certainly not least... avoid emotions, when you are around your dog. Your dog can sense these emotions and will see you as weak.