Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hiremath M. S
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Hiremath M. SYour feedback matters!
Hi sir this is kumar I tested for hiv at 13 months by tridot test the result is negative but frequent throat infection.
Dear Sir, Recently I had got tested high triglyceride (676 mg/dl) and low HDL (29. 50 mg/dl) level. It increases my concern. I have height of 5.5 feet and weight of 70 Kgs. Having medication of HBP and diabetes along with Aspirin. Please guide what to do.
There is a sudden felling of uneasiness in my mothers chest.She feels as if her heart has started jumping.This usually happens when she thinks on some serious matters.She has already undergone angiography but there was no problem found in her heart.
I have high cholesterol level. 241. And have high BP also around 100-140 I m taking telvas h40. What should I take for lowering cholesterol level. I do not smoke but I take alcohol thrice a week. please suggest proper medication and diet.
Hi Doctor, My grandmother is 67 year old, now she is having heart problem due to one side heart enlargement. What kind of treatment will help her for long life. Please help us to overcome for this disease.
I am heart attack patient with sugar level 380 fasting . I take insulin (insuman) 25 units daily at morning time. Please prefer me medicine (tablets).
Sir I have chest pain most of the time and also bloating. I have all blood test which is fine .doctor told me that it is gas problem but it is not getting better even by taking medicines. And now I have also severe headache problem with heaviness in my head due to which do not able to concentrate on study and other things.
Complications in the heart valve occur when the functioning of the heart valve is impaired. Valves of the heart allow the blood to flow in one direction and prevent the blood from flowing back into the ventricles of the heart.
Heart valve diseases can be classified as follows:
- Valvular stenosis: This condition occurs when the valves of the heart does not open completely due to stiffness. As the opening is narrow, the heart has to work hard to pump blood. This condition may lead to heart failure.
- Valvular insufficiency: This is a condition where the valve does not close tightly. This causes some of the blood to flow back to the valve. As this condition deteriorates, the heart has to work harder to pump blood.
Types and Causes of valve diseases:
- Acquired valve disease: The structure of the valve changes due to various infections or rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever is caused by bacterial infection that had not been treated. It tends to occur in children and cause inflammation of the valve.
- Congenital valve disease: This condition usually affects the pulmonary valve where the size of the valve is abnormal.
- Bicuspid aortic valve disease: It is a type of valve disease that impairs the aortic valve. Instead of the regular three cusps, the bicuspid valve only has two. This may cause the valve to be stiff or cause it to leak.
- Mitral valve prolapse: This condition causes the valve to flop back when the heart contracts. This condition also causes the leaflets of the valve to turn irregularly and cause it to stretch. This condition causes the valve to leak.
Symptoms: The symptoms of valve diseases are as follows:
- Weakness: This condition may cause weakness and cause severe discomfort while performing daily activities.
- Palpitations: Symptoms such as irregular heartbeats, skipped beats and rapid heart rhythm occurs in this condition.
- Rapid weight gain: This condition can cause you to gain weight very rapidly.
- It may cause swelling in your ankles, abdomen and feet.
- This condition causes shortness of breath.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!