Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
I have hair fall problem last from one month. Also done with mesoscalp treatment but no results found. Hair fall increases day by day specially when I wash my hair. Please suggest.
Hello doc. M 18 years old. I have facial hairs on my chin only. Very less hairs on left or right side of my face. Nd also I have no such other problems. I want know that .beard on both side will grow or not? Or it will grow late? Because my friends are also of my age. All of them have got almost beard. But only I have very less facial hairs on left and right side. My father and brother have proper beard. Will be I able to grow my facial hairs completely?
I have few pimple spots in my face please concern something to remove those black mark. Thanks in advance
I am influence to black head pimples. It withdrew on my face after every months .and also I am influence to dust allergy. I have used many kind of medicine. So please provide better solution.
I am 24years old female and suffering from hair loss from last one and half months. I had lost 95% of my hair and I am worried about it. So, what should I do?
I am losing hair quickly and also feeling frustrated every time and also having dandruff I n my hair.
If release of sperm daily what happens, age 22. I have hair fall and more dandruff. Please give a solution.
Hello I am 25 year guy n am suffering through hair graying problem is it really possible to stop hair graying or to turn those white hairs into black?
After every 3 to 4 days I face itching problem & sneezing problems. I am tired with this. Please help.
I have a problem of hair fall and dandruff I need you to help me by saying the precautions to prevent the symptoms of the problem I also need you to tell the diet to be maintained.
I have acne all the time and can't find a solution for it. I have also consulted a dermatologist who gave me a gel named keralyte but when I stop using it the acne come back. Can you give me a better solution for my acne.
Most skin problems develop due to external damage. However, skin problems may also occur due to the internal problems, such as an unhealthy diet and lifestyle issues. One of the fairly common problems is skin pigmentation.
What is skin pigmentation?
Skin pigmentation primarily refers to the change in skin color in patches across the body. These could occur all over the body including your face. Skin pigmentation problems primarily include:
- Hyperpigmentation: The darkening of skin in specific areas
- Hypopigmentation: The lightening or development of paler spots on the skin.
Both of these disorders are caused by anomalies in the levels of melanin (the pigment that imparts color to the skin, hair) with either overproduction or underproduction of the pigment.
Primary causes of hyperpigmentation:
Although both problems affect the skin in a multitude of ways, the excess deposition of melanin causing skin darkening is much more common than the hypo-pigmentation variety. Some of the causes of hyperpigmentation are described as follows:
- Sun damage: This is one of the obvious factors that will cause skin pigmentation as sun exposure causes melanocytes or melanin producing cells within the skin to become hyperactive and thus cause dark patches.
- Hormonal issues: Another common issue which results in patches are hormonal changes or issues within the body such as spikes in estrogen or progesterone levels or even problems with insulin.
- Other factors: Diet and lifestyle are also other factors which may cause internal changes that reflect on your skin. Even using certain skin care products and using certain medications can result in skin hyper pigmentation.
Skin brightening techniques:
Some of the common skin brightening techniques that are used to deal with skin hyper-pigmentation are:
- Chemical methods to brighten skin: Chemicals such as peels, exfoliates and other brightening products change the skin color by affecting the epidermis or the top layer of the skin. Some of these medications and products are made with retinol and tretinoin and other chemicals which push vitamin A into the skin to lighten the tone.
- Prevention of pigmentation: The best method to fight pigmentation is to not let it happen in the first place and sunscreen is a great way to go about it. Sun damage is by far the most common cause for pigmentation issues. Also dietary and other lifestyle changes, such as excessive alcohol consumption may cause skin pigmentation. Keep off tobacco and limit your alcohol consumption.
- Use of Mechanical means: Mechanical means, such as dermabrasion (cosmetically removing the skin’s superficial layers), microdermabrasion (removal of dead skin cells from the face) and lasers and other means actually skim away a thin layer of skin to allow for new skin to grow back which results in the elimination of pigmentation.
It is however, advisable that you visit your dermatologist first and then decide on the best course of action to deal with skin pigmentation problems as well as devise a strategy to halt further skin darkening.