Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Hemant SantYour feedback matters!
My baby got seizure when she was 5 days old due to low blood sugar this is coz of poor feeding, CSF investigation is normal, brain scan is normal, other blood tests is also normal. Again she got fits at the month of 10th due to fever, doc has asked to give her frisium tab with P250, MRI and EEG is also normal, then also she is taking the medicine when all she gets fever. I'm much worried about the medicine would become over dose and affect her internal organs. Plz give me your advice.
I am suffering from full body vibrating, sexual weakness also for last 2 years. I have taken many medicines recommended by the doctor but no relief as of now.
I am 62 year sold male suffering with Sleep Apnea since 3 years. I caught by sleep on driving of car / bike or fall in sleep at once feel any comfort IN DAY TIME AT NOON SPECIALLY. I AM ALSO SUFFERING WITH DIABETES.
I am 30 years old male. I have a sickness of migraine. I used many medicine s and balm as hand balm. But I could not get relief.
I am having sleep maintenance insomnia since the last 2.5 months and I am sleeping no mare than 4 hours and even if I am sleeping it's unrefreshed sleep I have tried all sleep hygiene with no help I want to switch to meds are there any.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
My sister is suffering from sever migraine along with vomiting. What is the best solution for treating this?
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer�s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
My brother aged 63 year old felt CVA haemorrage at basal ganglia size about 4.2 * 2.3 two month back on 9th august 2015. Now he is conscious/alert but left side paralysis is same. What is the prognosis what is the best treatment now.
My mother got brain stroke in 2012, march. Left hand, left leg paralysed. After brain surgery no Improvement in disability. So what to do now.
What are the symptoms of dengue? He is shivering alot and his body is very warm. And in blood test dengue is not recodnised.
Im having migraine n other health issues like pain in back. Bcoz of white discharge. What should I do to cure n get healed by that problem.
There is no trustworthy evidence regarding what causes brain tumors, but there are a few risk factors that have been substantiated through research. Children and young people who receive radiation around the head are susceptible to developing tumors in the brain once they grow up. Also, people with a certain kind of rare genetic condition like neurofibromatosis may develop a brain tumor though such cases are very few in number. Age is also an important factor as people aged over 65 years are diagnosed with brain tumors at quadruple times higher than children and younger people.
Types of Brain Tumours:
A primary brain tumor originates in the brain, and they may or may not be cancerous. Some tumors can be benign, which do not spread in the surrounding tissues and are not very malicious. However, that does not signify that they will not cause any harm over time. Sometimes these tumors can be severe and cause a threat to the life of the sufferer. The National Cancer Institute reports that approximately there were 23, 380 fresh cases of brain tumors in 2014.
Identifying the Symptoms of Brain Tumors:
The symptoms of the brain tumor are dependent on various factors such as the size, type as well as the exact location of the tumor. These symptoms are triggered when any tumor is pressed or clashed against a nerve or disturbs a part of the brain. Symptoms are also felt when any tumor particle blocks the fluid flowing around the brain or when there is a swelling in the brain owing to the build-up of fluid.
Common symptoms include: headaches that get worse in the morning, nausea along with vomiting, an alteration in the speech, hearing and imbalances in walking and movement, mood swings, change in personality and ability to concentrate or remember things and seizures or convulsions.
Treatment for Brain Tumor:
Surgery is normally the most usual treatment for brain tumors, and the patient is given anesthesia, and the scalp is shaved before the surgery. Then, craniotomy is performed to open the skull, and the surgeon removes a bone piece out of the skull. Then the tumor is removed as much as possible. The bone is then restored back, and the incision on the scalp is closed. Sometimes surgery is not viable in case the tumor has developed in the brain stem or some other complex parts.
Neurosurgeons can surgically remove some tumors completely (called resection or complete removal). If the tumor is near sensitive areas of the brain, neurosurgeons will only be able to remove part of it (called partial removal). Even partial removals can relieve symptoms and facilitate or increase the effectiveness of other treatments.
The role of surgery in treating brain tumors:
Surgery can provide:
- The complete removal of some brain tumors
- A sample to enable doctors to diagnosis the tumor and recommend the most appropriate treatment
- Better quality of life:
- Reduced symptoms and improved ability to function (e.g., to think, speak or see better)
- Less pressure within the skull from the tumor
- A longer life
In case you or any of your near ones is affected with brain tumor, you should visit the doctor to know the possible treatments other than surgery and other important questions related to brain tumor.
I am feeling helpless. I have no hope left in this world to live I cannot share my feelings and can go to consult a doctor pls help what can I do I am suffering from insomnia too.
I am 26 female. I easily get numbness in my feets and hands even when I am simply seating on sofa or lying on bed and whenever I sit cross leg after few minutes its become very hard as someone put heavy weight on my legs. Please guide me in this regard what should I have to do ?
Difficulty walking, blurred vision, slurred speech, slowed reaction times, impaired memory: Clearly, alcohol affects the brain. Some of these impairments are detectable after only one or two drinks and quickly resolve when drinking stops.
What is difference paralysis & stroke. What is remedy. How to prevent. Can yoga supply sufficient blood to Brain. Why smoking also affects. Does india have stem cell treatment & Can it reverse a stroke.
Epilepsy is a brain triggered disorder that can result in the affected person having seizures or convulsions of the body. Such convulsions last about a few minutes and the person undergoing epileptic seizure might be unaware of what’s happening to him/her during those brief moments. They may recover and appear disoriented for a few minutes more.
Epilepsy can’t be cured but is treated through medicines called anticonvulsant drugs.
- Epilepsy is a neurological disorder brought about due to unusual electrical activity in the brain
- The person having the disorder can have episodes of seizures where there can be sudden involuntary movements of the person’s whole body and shaking of the arms and legs lasting a few minutes
- The condition can occur to anybody irrespective of age but children seem to suffer more from the condition following a head injury or emotional trauma
- Electroencephalogram or EEG is the best way for the doctor to understand the exact nature of the disorder and this will help in the treatment.
- Treatment through drugs is the most popular way of keeping the convulsions under check
- Medically, if the patient goes without seizures for a few years under regular medication then there is every possibility the person may not suffer further convulsions
- Apart from medication, dietary regulations have also been adopted by many physicians to treat the condition. Low carb and high protein items are advised as a way to reduce/stop the epileptic seizures
- In some cases, the doctor might decide to conduct a surgery to remove the aberrant part of the brain to treat the individual for epilepsy
- People with epilepsy have to take a lot of precautions in their daily routines to avoid getting seriously injured if they were to suffer a sudden attack of seizures
- Driving and swimming are to be avoided by them
- People standing around can help reduce the suffering by turning the person over to one side and offering a support to the head. Care can also be taken to remove any object that can cause injury to the person while having the convulsions.
- Some doctors study the pattern of the seizures occurring and help in regulating them in such a manner that the person gets the convulsions only in the nights while asleep
- This can limit the damage done to the person and can also help the person in going about normal routines
- Parents must inform the school authorities if their children suffers from epilepsy so that they can provide first aid to such students immediately if episodes occur in school
Epilepsy is a brain-related disorder that can cause the person to go through involuntary shaking of the body and the limbs. It is usually treated with drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.