Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Hegde AtulYour feedback matters!
Is there any way to regain lost eye power? I am not able to see long distance objects. I am wearing glasses for the past 10 months. Is turmeric milk beneficial in regaining the lost eye power? Or is there any other way? Ex- any food or medicines? Thank you.
Watery eyes. After an hour of reading eyes start watering. Thereafter every 15-20 minutes. This has been happening for the last two-three years. And, I'm 65 years old. Any remedy?
My eyes are not healthy got glasses, want to remove them, is there a ny way to remove them within 2～4 months?
I am from Delhi,and My problem is my eye sight,I have tried lot of power lenses but not able to see properly.
Sir, I am a boy of 17 and going to read 12th class but certainly I realise that I am having some problems with my brain fir example I got huge confused when studying even in very common and easy topic like when I try to add something for ex 28+50, my brain tells the ans in 1 sec that is 78 and after that my brain generates so many question like how I get the and is it true or not even I knows that it is true. Another ex like when I see any no. Anywhere like take 6 and when I pronounce 6 as six in mind than after that brain generates some useless question that how I was able to pronounce 6 as six. Sir I am very good student and I got 9.8 cgpa in cbse 10th exam but this get starts some 20 days ago when I was reading a chapter of chemistry. So please sir understand my problem this confusion causes headache to me and totally disturbs my mind and I am having huge problems with my studies because of this symptoms. Please tell me what is cause behind this problems and what could be the solutions. I am waiting for your answer. Thanks. By Vikas patel.
My eyes keep watering at nights and when got to check eyes get red till morning can you please give any solution.
An eye stye develops when a specific oil gland at the edge of an eyelid gets infected. A stye looks like a pimple in appearance and may occur either outside or the inside of an eyelid.
Here are several facts you should know about eye styes:
- Pain, redness and tenderness are the first signs: After these symptoms are observed, a small pimple develops in the affected area and swells up the eyes. In some cases, only the immediate area is affected while in other cases, the entire eye gets swollen.
- Styes do not cause problems with vision: Vision is not affected by eye styes much and both near vision and far vision will remain unaffected.
- Staphylococcal bacteria causes an eye stye: This specific bacteria is usually found in the nose which makes it easy to transfer to the eyes when you rub your nose (read more about Allergic Issues of the Nose) and then the eyes.
- Styes are contagious: Every human contains this bacteria in their body, which cause styes and any person of any age can develop an eye stye. Eye styes are contagious in nature and can spread from person to person. You must keep your eyes and hands very clean and must not share pillows, bed sheets or towels.
- Most eye styes heal on their own: Most styes heal on their own within a few days. Applying hot compress for fifteen minutes, three to four times a day, can help you get relief from an eye stye. This process, continued over a long time will cause the stye to rupture, drain and heal on its own.
- Do not pop an eye stye: People have the habit of popping pimples (know more about the Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples) with their fingers, but it is advised not to do that in case of eye styes. You must allow the stye to heal on its own.
A stye occurring inside the eyelid is called an internal hordeolum and might not rupture or heal on its own. This type of stye is serious and requires medical attention, the doctor will surgically open it up and drain it. You will be prescribed antibiotic ointments in case of recurring styes. Pre moistened eyelid cleansing pads can also be used to maintain hygiene and avoid blepharitis.
Eye stye can occur due to other eye issues: Other conditions of the eyes can also cause eye styes. The affected area undergoes frequent watering, light sensitivity gets increased and the person may feel something is stuck in their eye. An eye stye causes infection of the eyelids and affects the entire eye. Although they are not very serious and in most cases heal on their own, proper care, and precautions should be taken for eye styes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.