Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Harshawardhan ShahYour feedback matters!
I have just recovered from major fever of chikungunya, however I am fine now, I still have intense bone pain and joints pain, and it is particularly intense during morning. Can you please recommend any diet or medication or supplements that can help me?
What is the pain-free option for physiotheraphy. My left hand was in a cast for 6 weeks and now I want to make it straight. What are other options?
I'm 18 years old, I have headache and back pain from last 2 week. And I have weakness too and stretch mark on my shoulder.
Sir my neck Is pain sometimes. Am feeling under comfortballad. Am talking more and more medicine but it has no cure for me please help me sir. What kind of medicine I take.
Hello sir, Since a week, m having back pain but this usually occurs at night time. Sometimes back pain reaches to full body pain. Yes, I do late night study too.
I am 52 years old mail feel stiffness in my left shoulder rotator muscle though there is no problem in working and lifting the hand over the head yet I feel I should seek some remedy please respond.
I am having severe pain in back of my shoulders. It last long. I have used many pain killers and there is no use.
I am suffering from knee pain for the last more than ten years or so. allopathy suggest me to replace the knees. Right now I can walk for about a kilo meter or so after that my knees start paining .I drive also. I have been taking Haar singer leaves (Night Jasmine. I have been boiling these leave in a glass of water and when the water becomes half I leave it for the night and take it early morning empty stomach. This has helped me but it has not cured me. Do you suggest me any other treatment which is ayurvedic. My age is 75 and I am in reasonably good health.
My mother is diabetes patient. Doctor has prescribed her to take Macvestin (250) for joint pain. Its doses r twice daily .give me advice if is it before breakfast or after food?
I am a healthy boy. When I do any exercise there is a pain in my muscle. I also concern with doctor he give medicine to me but I do not have any relief.
I got pain in right side neck shoulder and hand. I consulted a ortho doctor and took a MRI scan. In tat it s found tat small blood clots r thr. Thrombosis in medical languages. After injecting Heparin injection its better. Now doctor advice me to take acenomac 1 mg tablet for three months in d evening. My question s y acenomac s consumed at evening 6 pm. Can v consume alcohol sometimes wen taking acenomac tab.
Sir me jab morning me sokar uthata hu to mujhe uthne me bahut dikkat hoti hai kuki meri poori body me bahut dard hota hai, khash kar pairo me. Or me daily kam se kam 8ghante sota hu to usse koi nukshan to nahi hai.
I am 30 years old male. And hve lower backache pain since 6 months. In beginning I ignored this issue but for 1 month, it started as a severe pain so I started medication n ointment cream. Bt all is vain Suggest me proper advise.
Knee pain is one of the most common and painful ailments that can limit mobility. Injuries can result in cartilage or meniscal tears or sprains too. Obesity is another reason because of which knee pain is on the rise. Also, regular wear and tear of ligaments and tendons around the knees due to old age is another cause. These days, with reduced physical activities and sedentary lifestyles, the rate at which knees are wearing out has also become accelerated. Whatever the reason, a correct diagnosis followed by prompt treatment can help. Over the years, physiotherapy has been playing an important role in treating knee injuries. Whether to supplement the various drugs to reduce pain and inflammation or to avoid surgery, physiotherapy has helped many and its popularity is growing every day. Here are some ways that physiotherapy can help reduce pain.
- Improve flexibility of tendons: The knee cap is an area where there are lot of tendons and ligaments, coordinating to enable movement. Careful exercising can ensure that the flexibility of tendons and ligaments is improved, thereby making your knee movement easier and less painful.
- Improves blood supply: As we all know, proper movement requires good blood supply. Exercising with special focus on the knee ensures that blood supply is improved, and thereby the supporting ligaments and tendons function optimally.
- Enhances the knee cap function: The knee cap is that portion which joins your thigh bone to your calf bones. This is prone to slip out of place, especially with arthritis and injuries. This can be painful and limit movement to a great degree. Focused exercises aimed at improving knee cap function will ensure that the knee cap has a wider range of function, and does not slip out of its socket easily.
- Reduce rigidity: Once you start physiotherapy, you will feel your knees getting more flexible. The rigidity that had set in as a result of injuries and/or old age will also reduce over a period of time.
- Slow down the wear and tear: When you start physiotherapy after knee damage, continuing the exercise routine, of course with expert guidance, can reduce the pace at which further damage might happen. A word of caution though. Be sure to consult an experienced physiotherapist before you begin. Exercising in a bad manner can do equal or more harm than the original injury or old age itself.