Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harshada
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. HarshadaYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I need to ask whether having lymp (ganthh) under the jaw is normal or not. There are two glands or lymph or ganthh under my jaw one on left and the other on right side. They are just below the tongue and I can feel them by touching my skin. My right side lymph is paining little bit from lst 2 or 4 days. Please tell me something about this. Remember I am also suffering from lipoma.
Last 1 week se mere mouth se bad smell aane lagi h .brush k turant baad bhi and listerine mouth wash bhi use karna start kar diya hu but fir bhi smell aati h and mouth chip chipa type lagta h hamesha.
Sometimes my teeth feel sensitive. When i.brush my. Teeth.blood is coming out. Teeth is also. Yellow.scaling. Is good for teeth yes or not? Is it have. Side effect?
My teeth got a yellow colour. Daily I am brush my teeth but that yellow colour not go. What I will for my teeth.
I grind my teeth while I am sleeping. To the extent tat many of my teeth hv half broken n feel lot of sensitivity in teeth n pain in jaw. I hv also consulted dentist many a times he says it is stress related issue. He says find the underlying issue.
I'm 22 year male. I have chronic urticaria since 2 years and thyroid problem since 1 year. 3 times I have suffered from Jaundice. Now my nail and teeth are decaying. So can I take Calcium tablet? If yes, then Suggest me some easily digestible Calcium tablet for daily use without and side effect by seeing the above problem.
We all think brushing is the best favour we could do to our teeth and mouth, right? No! Incorrectly done, brushing can do more damage than good. It is always advisable to check with your dentist if you are brushing the right way. In fact, a lot of periodontal diseases and issues like abrasion are due to improper brushing techniques.
Let us look at some common issues related to brushing both good and bad.
- Tooth brush: Pick the right one. Firstly, the length, you should be able to reach all parts of the mouth, especially the last tooth, without having to open the mouth wide. Softer bristles are always preferred.
- Duration: If you brush 2 to 3 times daily, each brushing should not last more than 2 minutes. Divide the mouth into 4 quadrants upper right and left, lower right and left – and spend 30 seconds on each quadrant. Longer hours of brushing can lead to wearing of the enamel.
- Technique: A forceful front-and-back motion can cause a V-shaped notch at the gum line, leading to a condition called abrasion. The ideal way to brush is to begin at the gumline and go about in circular motions. Ensure all surfaces, outer and inner, of all teeth are covered.
- Force of brushing: The idea of brushing is to remove the soft deposits of plaque, which comes off very easily with brushing. Do not exert a lot of pressure in an attempt to remove plaque. The hardened tartar or stain can anyways not be removed with brushing and will need to be removed by the dentist.
- Habit: Most of us are habituated to begin at the same place and go about the same routine to finish brushing. Dentists advise that it is good to begin at different places each time. As you near the end of your brushing time, you are usually tired and just want to get done with it. Changing the start and end points gives all the teeth a fair chance of getting cleaned.
- Storing: Do not store your toothbrush in the toilet area and with a whole lot of brushes. Both contain enough bacteria, and your brush can do without it.
- Timing: If you have had acidic food, wait for about half an hour before you brush. The acidic environment softens the tooth and brushing it immediately can lead to easier wearing of the enamel.
- Changing brush: Any time the bristles lose their flexibility, it is time to change, usually about 3 months.
Never thought there are so many things to do and avoid with brushing? You are not alone, hopefully you can plan your brushing better the next time onwards. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.