Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Harsha Kunal MasalYour feedback matters!
Temperature loos motion green brown colour in stools happened to my wife. How could this happened & how to avoid?
What are the basic steps to overcome depression specially for children ages 17-18 years old, in relation to their studies.
Mere bal kuchh safed ho gye h. Iska kya reason ho skta h? Ise naturaly kese black kre, taki fir safed n ho. Mehndi lagane se kya effect hoga.
I am having dark circles and also I had suddenly changed dark in colour after my pregnancy. Please help me.
I have problem of foul Smell. My dental care is good. Foul Smell is there even just after brushing. I have consulted dentist, Gastrologist, Physician but no resolution. I have also gone for KFT, stomach ultrasound with no anomaly. I am not able to understand the reason. This problem is there every time and is very frustrating for me. It has reduced my ability to speak and discuss.
I am not so fat but still have some extra pounds on my thighs. How to get rid of it. Any specific diet plan.
Hello sir I have obesity problem I used to go to gym daily but not loosing my weight after leaving fatty food. Please sir suggest something.
I have pimples they are increasing day by day. So, can I have some prescriptions or precaution to be taken, so that can help me.
My last period date was April 4 2017 after that period didn't come and dis is happening for the first time so I am quite worried about it because I am not married and didn't had sex.
I am 21 years old , unmarried. I am pregnant. Want to abort this baby. I had my last periods on April 28th. Please help me out.
Hi Recently it seems my stomach is upset. Gases and need to go to toilet 3 to 4 times What precautions can be taken care for better digestion.
I am 25 year old married female. I am getting warts (mass) at few places in my body. Near my private part, below my breast. What I should do to stop them and remove them? Please help!
With the rampant surge of natural wellness mantras and heightened worldwide obsession with coconut oil, oil pulling is now trending like never before. Social media confessions by famous celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Miranda Kerr, Shailene Woodley, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen swear by the benefits of oil pulling from whiter teeth to healthier gums.
What is Oil Pulling?
Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic remedy involving the act of swishing oil (usually organic Cold Pressed Sesame, Sunflower or Coconut) in the mouth for up to 20 minutes in empty stomach to remove oil soluble toxins from the body. Oil pulling is definitely an inexpensive and safe practice with a plethora of anecdotal support including help with skin conditions, arthritis, asthma, headaches, hormone imbalances, infections, liver problems and more. It is suitable for every age group including pregnant and nursing women. Children old enough to spit can safely try oil pulling.
Step by step Guide
Put 1-2 teaspoons of oil into the mouth. The oil traditionally used in oil pulling is organic sesame, coconut or sunflower oil. It is also possible to do oil pulling with pre-made coconut oil chews. Oil pulling is best done in the morning, before eating or drinking anything, though it can be done before meals if needed.
Swish for 20 minutes. Apparently the timing is key, according to Dr. Bruce Fife, author of Oil Pulling Therapy, as this is long enough to break through plaque and bacteria but not long enough that the body starts re-absorbing the toxins and bacteria. The oil will get thicker and milky as it mixed with saliva during this time and it should be creamy-white when spit out. It will also double in volume during this time due to saliva. At first, it can be difficult to make it the full 20 minutes. Feel free to spit it out and start again but stick to the total desired duration.
Spit oil into the trash can/supplement container. Do not spit in sink, toilet or shower area as the oil may thicken and clog pipes. Do not swallow the oil as it is presumably full of bacteria, toxins, dead skin and/or pus.
Rinse well with warm water. Warm saline water seems to clean the mouth better to remove any remaining oil out of the mouth followed by regular brushing.
Oil pulling is known for its ability to eradicate bad breath and reduce plaque in the mouth because of its ability to help wipe out harmful bacteria like streptococcus mutans. Lauric acid present in coconut oil specifically works against this bacteria.
It reduces tooth decay by reducing the microbial count. Some reports even claim that it aids in remineralizing of teeth but lack sufficient evidence. Teeth sensitivity is reduced if oil pulling is done on a regular basis.
The oil possesses natural antibiotic and antiviral properties that brighten and cleans teeth, enhancing your smile with whiter teeth. Do not expect a drastic change in tooth color as achieved with professional whitening systems.
Possible holistic treatment for TMJ and general soreness of jaw by providing temporary relief from symptoms.
It is very effective in treating acute gingivitis by reducing swelling and bleeding from gums.
Oil pulling ritual results in super smooth and clean teeth, moistens lip and cheek and soothes dry throat.
It has an overall effect of strengthening teeth, gums and jaw.
1. Boosts Immune System: Oil pulling generates antioxidants which damage the cell wall of microorganisms and kill them thereby removing the noxious culprits without stressing our immune system. We eventually feel more energetic with better clarity of mind.
2. Detoxes and Purify Body: Oil pulling activates salivary enzymes which absorb chemical, bacterial and environmental toxins from the blood and remove them from the body through the tongue. It is claimed to improve longevity of human beings.
3. Maintains Hormonal Balance: Without having to compete with foreign substances, hormonal balance is intact and they function to the best of their ability.
4. Reduces Headache: When the body is under toxic stress, headaches and migraines are a common byproduct which can be avoided by eliminating harmful micro-organisms from the body via oil pulling. It also helps in reducing hangover after alcohol consumption.
5. Clean and Clear Skin: Oil pulling drastically reduces rashes, acne and other skin problems by removing toxins from the body that would otherwise enter into the bloodstream. It aids in reduction of eczema.
When you start oil pulling, it will be extremely difficult to pull the oil against your teeth for even few minutes. It is common to feel nauseatic or even have stomach upset for the initial few days. It is natural to build it up over time with practice and experience some of the positive effects immediately, or over a period of time. Oil pulling can be safely used as an adjunct to daily oral hygiene habits to improve overall health of the mouth/body and is definitely not a substitute for regular brushing/flossing.
Do let us know about your own experience!
My father has done creatinine test and the result come as 7.9 uric acid. We thinks its gout can you please suggest the die he must follow?
Diabetes is a disorder that is characterized by an inability of the pancreas to produce enough insulin or effectively utilize the insulin produced by the body. Insulin is the hormone that is produced by the pancreas to metabolize sugar in the body, the sugar that is present in the food that you consume.
Diabetes is commonly classified into two types: Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
In Type 1 diabetes, the cells in the pancreas do not produce insulin in the required amounts; this disorder usually tends to occur in children. Type 2 diabetes generally occurs in people who are above 40 years of age; this type is characterized by an inability of the body to efficiently utilize the insulin produced by the pancreas.
How can diabetes affect your kidneys?
Too much glucose, also called sugar, in your blood from diabetes damages your kidneys’ filters. If the filters are damaged, a protein called albumin, which you need to stay healthy, leaks out of your blood and into your urine. Damaged kidneys do not do a good job of filtering wastes and extra fluid from your blood. The wastes and extra fluid build up in your blood and make you sick.
Diabetes is a leading cause of kidney disease. Diabetic kidney disease is the medical term for kidney disease caused by diabetes. Diabetic kidney disease affects both kidneys at the same time.
Signs of Kidney Disease in Patients with Diabetes
- Albumin/protein in the urine
- High blood pressure
- Ankle and leg swelling, leg cramps
- Going to the bathroom more often at night
- High levels of BUN and creatinine in blood
- Less need for insulin or antidiabetic medications
- Morning sickness, nausea and vomiting
- Weakness, paleness and anemia
What are the possible complications?
- End-stage kidney failure: If this occurs then you would need kidney dialysis or a kidney transplant.
- Cardiovascular diseases: Diabetics have an increased risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, such as heart disease, stroke and peripheral arterial disease. If you have diabetes and diabetic kidney disease, your risk of developing cardiovascular diseases is increased further.
- High blood pressure: Kidney disease has a tendency to increase blood pressure. In addition, increased blood pressure has a tendency to make kidney disease worse. Treatment of high blood pressure is one of the main treatments of diabetic kidney disease.
What to do?
- It is essential to get your urine checked at least once every year to detect signs of kidney damage.
- Some other symptoms that you may experience are swelling in the ankles, weight gain and a rise in your blood pressure.
- The first step to treat kidney damage caused by diabetes is to get your blood sugar levels under control.
- You should also avoid consuming medications that can cause damage to the kidneys.
- A kidney transplant or dialysis may be advised if the damage to kidneys is significant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.