Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. H Ramachandran
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. H RamachandranYour feedback matters!
What would we not give to have that picture perfect, scar-free glowing skin. While some of you are blessed with the natural charisma, many of us have to undergo the daily struggle of beauty creams, toners, scrubs and pastes in order to overcome our skin woes. While a large array of cosmetics promise deliverance from the same, they are not without their fair share of side effects. In fact more often than not, the chemicals which these creams comprise leave your skins scathed even more. Consequently, many of you have turned to natural therapies for countering skin ailments. Most of our skin eruptions, rashes and abscesses are related to our metabolism and hormonal changes.
These natural therapies rejuvenate the skin but also provide cures to the germ of these issues:
- Baking Soda Treatment: Applying a paste of baking soda with water can work wonders for acne ridden skin. The paste must be allowed to sit on your skin for about half an hour and then rinsed off with lukewarm water. Regular usage can bring about a significant improvement in the skin texture.
- Oatmeal Therapy: Oatmeal is known for its beneficial effects on our metabolism. It purifies your skin and helps you get rid of the acne scars. Again applying a thick paste made of water and oatmeal is a trusted remedy.
- Tomato pulp for skin correction: Tomato pulps are replete with constituents that are extremely effective in smoothening out skin. It endows the skin with a renewed glow and clears the clogged up pores, thus preventing eruptions. It acts as a helpful skin toner as well. For yielding the best results, tomato pulp should be mixed with cucumber juice and applied all over the skin. It should be washed off with water after leaving it on for a span of 15 minutes.
- Sandalwood to beat the scars: Since time immemorial, sandalwood has been known to be full of skin enriching properties. It is one of the most reliable products when it comes to clearing out the unwanted blotches on your skin. Making a paste of sandalwood with rose water or rose milk can go a long way in reducing the scars and rashes on the skin.
- Honey and aloe vera combo: Honey and Aloe Vera are two such ingredients that can improve your skin conditions significantly. Endowed with cleansing properties, they help to re-nourish the skin and redefine its beauty. Blending honey with aloe vera into a fine mixture may prove to be a helpful toner.
- Oil Application: Regular or frequent application ofmedicated oil to the body and head will enhance the immunity and integrity of the skin and helps improve the skin texture as well.
Sir/Madam I have been facing skin problem with acne and pimple. Doing all basic things like neem face wash, multiple time face wash in a day, No oily food etc. But nothing work out. Please suggest.
I am 19 years old female. I have under eye dark circles . What should I do to remove that. As die to this my face is looking dumb type.
My lips are suddenly looking different when I close my mouth. They look flat especially lower lip. And can not hold them for long. Looking very weak. I am 21.
The skin produces a natural oil known as sebum from the sebaceous glands. This acts as a protective layer and is passed out through the multiple, minute pores. With the teenage years seeing excessive hormones, excessive sebum is produced which clogs the pores, and the underlying sebum may not be released from the glands. In some cases, there could also be bacteria trapped in these acne. In severe cases, there can be extreme pain and pus formation. The acne can be quite large in size and may leave marks, which often take a long time to disappear.
Though acne affects any age group, it is most common in the teenage years and is attributed to the hormones called androgens. In women, there is also a hormonal correlation where acne is more common with menstrual cycles, pregnancy and polycystic ovaries – all conditions associated with increased hormone levels.
Before heading out for medical help, the following are some tips to manage acne.
Avoid touching it or picking it. Else it will result in a faster spreading of the infection to the surrounding areas.
Use ice cubes on the acne as they help reduce redness and swelling by lowering the blood supply.
Learn to keep calm as stress increases hormonal release and thereby acne.
Do regular exercises. A good workout routine helps by keeping your skin clean and the pores open. There is a more frequent clearing of sebum leading to reduced acne.
Maintain a healthy eating pattern. Avoid oily food items, which only add to the oiliness of the skin. Sugars again are proven to be harmful for acne.
Follow a proper sleep routine as it will relax your muscles and keep you calm.
Use mild detergents for washing pillow covers and towels, which are often used on the skin.
Frequent washing, regular moisturizing, and exfoliating should be a part of your skin care routine. Avoid heavy chemicals and adhere to one regimen with as many natural substances as possible.
Medications would be required in more severe cases, where there is infection along with pain.
Topical products would include creams, gels or lotions with retinoids like tretinoin, tazarotene and adapalene. In some cases, topical antibiotics like clindamycin or erythromycin combined with benzoyl peroxide are used. Light therapy, laser resurfacing, dermabrasion, chemical peels and steroid injections can be used to remove acne scars, which may be very concerning cosmetically.
Very severe cases may require a systemic antibiotic course with doxycycline and minocycline. Birth control pills may be used in some to regulate hormonal levels.
Despite all this, let nature take its own course, and in majority of the cases, acne runs its course and settles down with the passage of teenage years. Try the next level therapy only if absolutely required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.