Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. H P Sardeshmukh
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. H P SardeshmukhYour feedback matters!
I am getting depressed day by day. I just don't feel good at the places with brightness love at staying in dark places. Since last 2 years I suffered from various diseases. Are those symptoms responsible for depression. Is this normal type of depression or something abnormal. How can I feel good again?
Hi sir, from the last 5 years onwards I'm trying to gain the wait but no use still I'm same wait 60 kgs. I don't know why happen like this. I'm not taken any medicine for this, so I want to gain 7 kgs wait more please describe what I want to do.
Does patient taking itraconazole develop high blood pressure and on finding he is suffering from high blood pressure prescribed with amlopres AT.
What is computed tomography?
Computed Tomography is more commonly known as CT scan. It is a specialized form of X-ray. Computed Tomography is a non-invasive diagnostic procedure. CT scan provides concise images of different body parts and can also divulge any internal bleeding or injury during emergency situations. It is absolutely painless and is known to provide accurate information.
How does it work?
The patient is required to lie down on a table which is then passed through an opening, circular in structure. The radiations are rotated inside the CT scan machine for processing the images of the required body parts.
Benefits of Computed Tomography
- Computed Tomography helps in the identification of any benign (tumor) or malignant (cancer) growth in any part of your body.
- The procedure can be conducted for different body parts such as the head, abdomen, spine and chest among many others.
- The images provide much detailed information. It contains information regarding the condition of blood vessel, soft tissue and bones.
- Various bones and muscular disorders are also identified via Computed Tomography.
- Radiation therapy or biopsy can be carried out with the aid of Computed Tomography.
Risk factors associated with Computed Tomography
- If a person is allergic to Iodine (a dye used in the process), then it must be informed to the doctor beforehand to avoid further complications such as itching, nausea or vomiting.
- At times, kidney functions may get disrupted.
- The radiation emitted during CT scan is known to be harmful, especially for children.
- The dye used for conducting CT scan can cause allergic reaction that can be life-threatening.
At times the doctor may advise anti-allergic drugs to patients who are allergic to the dyes used in the process. CT scan is otherwise a very safe procedure for diagnosing various diseases. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a 22yr old female I am suffering from hairloss from last 2yrs, before I had thick hair and now hairloss is increasing, what should I do?
You are feeling under the weather, and you wish you could eat something fried or processed right now to feel better. But that may not be the smartest thing to do! Read on to know more about what you should avoid eating when you are sick.
- If you are suffering from diarrhea, don’t go anywhere near sweet foods made of artificial sweeteners, since sorbitol (a kind of artificial sweetener) isn’t digestible and can instigate diarrhea. Also, avoid foods that can trigger bloating and gas, such as apples, onion, broccoli, beans and cabbages. Dairy, caffeine and alcohol can also provoke diarrhoea.
- Don’t consume dairy products, chocolate, pain medications and iron supplements if you are constipated.
- If you are nauseous, don’t eat greasy, oily or spicy foods. Avoid carbonated drinks, caffeine and alcohol as well.
- If you are having difficulties in swallowing due to a sore throat, hot fluids are by far the most beneficial. Not only do they help soothe your sore throat, but they're also known to loosen mucus, which may help relieve other symptoms such as congestion and stuffiness, often accompanying a sore throat, so consider eating soup or drinking hot water to alleviate the pain, and scratchy, hard foods such as granola, potato chips and nuts. Acidic juices made from vegetables and fruits, such as grape juice or orange juice, can also aggravate a sore throat.
- When your body aches, don’t grab that cup of espresso or that glass of whiskey, since both caffeine and alcohol can dehydrates the body, thereby worsening the pain.
- Stay away from artificial sweeteners, aged chesses, MSG (monosodium glutamate which is found in soy sauce), chocolate, red wine and processed meat, if you have a headache. MSG has been linked to blood pressure which can cause headaches.
- Dairy products, processed or packaged foods, should be avoided if you have an earache.
- If you have an allergy, don’t consume milk, wheat, soy, berries, eggs, tomatoes, fish, nuts, chocolates and nuts. These foods commonly cause itching.
- You might have cold, or your nose won’t stop running. A hot broth or hot tea will give you comfort, but you should avoid spicy foods and alcohol. Spicy foods actually aggravate a runny nose.
- Flu, sinus or cold infection can inflame and irritate nasal blood vessels, making you feel like your nose is blocked. Avoid sugar and spicy foods if you have a congested nose. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.