Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GutheYour feedback matters!
My hand got injured due to accident in the year 2001. I have no sensation in my thumb, index finger & middle finger. I had been operated once in the said year by an orthopaedic surgeon. But still, I don't feel any sensation in my above 3 fingers. My median nerve, radial nerve got damaged. Is it possible to get back my sensation after 15 years?
Anxiety Fear in public place palpitation And trouble sleeping. When I talking someone my heartbeat is irregular And. Make a little eye contact with someone who talk with me.
Hai sir .I have paining in penis balls .what can you do .in balls different type is there like up and down. Give me suggestion sir. Thank you.
What is the symptom of flu. From few days there is laziness and pain in body. Sometimes in night there is fever also.
I can empty my stomach in morning easily. But I feel likely to excrete when I am in stress like deciding to go outside for travel or entering college etc. I feel stomach upset. Why? Is there any natural remedy for this? What is this?
I am suffering with hectic headache in right side of my brain. This is happening suddenly and it is slowly getting down automatically. Why this happening??
Iam prashanth and 35 years old and I smoke a lot, from past few days I have cough and lot off flem inside so overcome the flem what is that I have to do, any medicine that I can take to cut the felm.
Last 1 week I have fever, headache, body pain, cold problem, I felt so seek. please tell me what is the reason?
My uncle of age 57 years, height is 5'8" and weight is 156 kg, having diabetes from last 7 years on regular medicine. But now he is feeling blurring in vision, did not feel any warm and cold in his foot. In night frequent urination also. How we can manage this problem, or we should go to the clinic regarding this.
The liver is a key organ in metabolism and will have some amount of fat. However, excessive fat accumulation in the liver can be abnormal and is referred to as fatty liver. If the fat content exceeds anything more than 5% to 10% of the liver’s weight, it would be referred to as fatty liver.
Types - There are mainly two types based on causes:
- Alcoholic fatty liver: This is very common in people who consume excessive amounts of alcohol. Even a one-off instance of binge drinking can cause increased fat accumulation in the liver, but it would not produce any symptoms though. Preexisting hepatitis, pregnancy, obesity, and genetic predisposition may also lead to alcoholic liver disease.
- Non-alcoholic liver disease: This is the less common type of fatty liver, and there would be no alcoholic abuse history here. However, there could be genetic predisposition, obesity, autoimmune liver disease, malnutrition, which can lead to this condition.
Fatty liver disease is a chronic condition with insidious onset (meaning to say, the exact time of onset cannot be pinpointed). However, as the disease condition progresses, symptoms will become evident, which can trigger a medical evaluation to identify the fatty liver. Some of the symptoms include:
- Excessive fatigue and weakness
- Unexplained weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Trouble focusing and concentrating
- Impaired judgment
- Constant, slow enlargement of the liver can cause pain in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen (where the liver is)
- There could be jaundice, where the skin and the white of the eyes turn pale yellow
- Symptoms of liver failure, including increased levels of proteins in the chemical tests.
As noted earlier, it is not easy to identify liver disease, as there are no specific symptoms. However, the above symptoms could point to a potential fatty liver.
- Blood tests, especially for liver enzymes
- Ultrasound, where the liver is imaged to look for any structural changes
- Biopsy, where liver tissue is extracted to confirm the diagnosis of fatty liver
There is no specific treatment for fatty liver. It can be managed through the following, where symptoms reduce in severity, and overall prognosis improves.
- Diabetes control: There is a relation between how well diabetes is controlled and severity of fatty liver. Improving diabetes control ensures fatty liver does not progress.
- Alcohol: Cutting down or even better quitting alcohol, definitely helps improve symptoms. If it is alcohol induced fatty liver, alcohol should be stopped.
- Weight management: Obesity and fatty liver are related, so weight management is essential.
- Healthy diet: Eating a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen also helps improve symptoms of fatty liver. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I have a problem with ibs which results in heaviness in abdomen and indigestion. Is it advisable to continue with green tea since it is said to add to weight reduction. My age is 65 and my weight is around 53 kgs.
Hello and when I go to sleep at night time my brain in continuously working (unnecessary thoughts coming) please provide some professional answers.
I am thin guy and want to become healthy. Doctor please help me and my stomach has been pain when I eat food.
I'm underweight, age-29, weight-51, height-175 cm. U advised me not to sleep during day time after taking meal or else it will lead to just fat. I need to increase my weight to 75 kg corresponding to my height, I'm about to increase my weight 5 kg per month. Then , how can I make sure my body muscle mass alone is increasing after doing some exercises having taken my meal?
Because it delays the natural wound healing process.
Whenever there is minor wound or a abrasion than first stop the oozing of the blood and than clean it with a clear water remembering that water should not stagnate.