Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Govind Purohit
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Govind PurohitYour feedback matters!
How to reduce the marks of pimples on face. My marks come with chickenpox marks its is like dot dot in my face.
I've got some skin problem, high up my right thigh. I got it diagnosed as some fungal infection and was prescribed betamil-GM. That was months ago. The problem doesn't seem to go, but the area of infection only grows. Red Itchy Flaky Skin.
Hi sir, I am varaprasad, I am 22 years old, I am looking so black so my friend suggested me use skinshin cream, when I use the cream I am looking so white but I am stop using that cream my totally looking black, so what is the solution for that one, now my face is looking very ugly I can not go out side also so please give the solution for this please sir.
I have big and many black spots in my face it is from 7 to 8 years ago and till now it is not going then what I have to do.
Can I apply Olive oil to garlic burnt? Is that good for scar? Actually it cured 80℅ only 20% scare der so can I apply Olive oil?
I' ve a real bad pain at my anus when I sit. While passing motion I don' t feel that pain. But while driving I feel that pain a lot. Kindly help.
I have dark circles under my eyes and they r too much I even have a tan on my forehead how can I get rid of them?
My skin is very gud but has started sagging. What cream to apply and which home remedies really work.
Appearances have always been important throughout the centuries and especially in this the 21st century, with all the technology and social media. The drive to look young has stimulated research and new medicine is making it possible for people to look younger and most of the time this is due to Botox. Botox treatments are ranked among the top in non-surgical cosmetic treatments as more than six million treatments are performing a year. However, there is more to Botox than most people know and below is information about what to expect from Botox treatments, its benefits and risks.
What is Botox?
Botox can be defined as a neurotoxin protein that is derived from a bacteria called Clostridium botulinum. This bacterium is an organism and is found in natural environments such assoil and lakes as well as in the intestinal tracts of fish and mammals.
What to expect?
Figuring out how Botox works is an important step towards understanding what it really is. Normally the Clostridium botulinum is harmless. However, at some point the spores transform into a state where it has cells that are vegetative leading to an increase in cell population. If this happens, the bacteria start producing botulinum which is a toxin. This toxin is so poisonous that a kilogram could wipe out the human population. However, the demand for Botox still remains high. The botulinum toxin is injected into a person in very small concentrations. This is done by diluting the bacteria powder in a saline solution and then injecting it into an individual’s neuromuscular tissue. Botox works by preventing nerve cell signals from reaching the muscles causing them to be paralyzed. This process of reducing abnormal muscle contraction makes the muscles less stiff.
The various benefits of Botox include:
- Non-surgical: Since Botox is administered using injections, the fears and hassles of undergoing a surgery are avoided.
- Excessive sweating: Botox injections can be used to address hyperhidrosis. Hyperhidrosis is generally characterized by increased sweating.
- Overactive bladders: In addition to treating wrinkles, Botox can also be utilized to address the condition of overactive bladder and urinary incontinence (involuntary and uncontrolled urination). Botox increases the volume of the bladder thereby reducing incontinence. Once an injection is administered, the overactive bladder will be cured gradually.
- Migraines: Botox injections, administered at regular intervals for around 12 weeks, can be used to address chronic migraines. It helps reduce headaches and additionally, reduces the chances of relapse. It is extremely beneficial for those who suffer from chronic headaches during one such migraine attack.
- Eyebrow: Your eyebrow may sag due to various factors, age being the primary contributor. Botox helps lift your drooping eyebrows; giving you a fresher and youthful look.
- Enlarged Prostate: Botox injections can have long term beneficial effects on men with enlarged prostates. Problems related to frequent urination and infections in the urinary tract can be addressed, while side effects, that accompany other medications, are avoided.
Like any drug there are risks and side effects to be considered. Most of the times this treatment is well tolerated with few side effects. However, there are cases though very rare in which the genetic predisposition of an individual cause a different response to the drug though still mild. Other effects may include mild pain, numbness, headache and mild nausea.
Pregnant or breastfeeding women and people prone to allergies are strongly advised to steer away from this drug and any other associated with it. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!