Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Gouri YarteYour feedback matters!
I am 22 year old. 24 days ago I got a jerk and soft tissue damage in my right knee while playing football and I got a plaster but the recvry is not done. While doing smthng or trying to push anything there is severe pain in my knee on the medial aspect. Wat should I do. And will it affect my sports for a longer period?
Hello Doctor! My brother was suffering from duchenne muscular dystrophy n recently we have heard about the stem cell treatment which was increasing their lifespan which was done in Mumbai n delhi is it true sir n if it is how much would be success rate can you tell me clearly about this treatment sir. Can you opt that or not!
Hello doctor I am suffering from knee pain in the right knee from last night. What is the cause of being it. This is the first time happened. Kindly advise me. Thanking you.
My age 42 (completed). From past 10 days I am suffering severe ache frequently at left backside neck from the bottom of the skull/head towards down in shoulder, around back shoulder bone and down wards in the left arm muscle.
I am 30 years old boy. My figure is slim. But some fat came to my belly. Looking very odd. What shall I do? I have back pain problem, so exercises not possible for me.
Chronic pain in S. I joint and ankle Male, 40 Having cerebral palsy mainly spastic type. Since last 8 months having pain in right S.I joint I had taken steroid injection locally but got relief for 1 month only, after that taking physiotherapy sessions and medicines like zycel, biofen but pain couldn't Subsided. My VITAMIN D3- 19 URIC ACID - 7.2 for last 3 weeks taking Febucip 80 mg once daily and Cap LUMIA 60K once in a week. I wanted to know for how long should I take these medicines Please suggest what should I do for pain relief?
Hi I am 25 years I have knee pain that too very lite past some I had met with an accident, were I had got nee.
Iam 25 years old male and I have a back pain since 2 years. Especially the pain is coming after walking.
I am 20 years adult girl. And I suddenly have pain in my middle portion of back. What it is and how it can b treated. Should I go for medicines or not. If yes plzz recommend me some medicine.
I am female 30 years old. I am having pain in my shoulder fully and I can't sit for a long time without and with support after sometime again paining. I don't know what to do, kindly tell me the solution as early.
Im 22 year male. I love to play cricket especially bowling but when ever I throw the bowl, I get severe pain in my shoulder and on rest it gets relieved. But now a days the pain goes on increasing. We would be grateful if you suggest something.
I am a field person as a marketing executive, last five years. I feel low back pain for last few months in the morning and night time. What I do?
I am 63 years old and I am having pain in my legs and feet for the last 1 month due to nerves and numbness. Mri shows annular tear of l4-5 and l-5-s1. Pladvise.
I am suffering from back pain since last 6 months so please tell me what type of treatment should I apply to get relief from back pain?
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfilment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. Meniscuses are exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common syndrome faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of hurt and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a meniscus tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
1. You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
2. Stiffness and swelling
3. You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
4. You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
1. Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
2. Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. Possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
3. Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not obtained through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.