Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gouri BariYour feedback matters!
I am 29 years old with 29 weeks and 6 days pregnancy. Wanted to know can I eat dry fruits in limited quantity since everyone says it should be eaten in 9th month.
I'm 21years old. My question is that during my menstruation days I have severe stomachache and weakness and it lasts for 5 days. During these days I also feel cozy. What should I do?
Hi, My age is 27 and height is 150 cm after delivery I put on weight upto 15 kg My previous weight was 57 So What should be proper weight for me I want to lose that excessive weight with in 1-2 month so please suggest the diet and exercise for me Thank you.
Hello everyone, I'm Dr. Pulkit Nandwani. I'm a gynecologist and a laparoscopic surgeon practicing in Rohini Delhi. Today I want to share some information with you about Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
What is polycystic ovaries?
These days polycystic ovary syndrome is becoming extremely common. It is increasing in incidence. Nowadays every 2 in 10 women will be having this syndrome. Polycystic ovaries are nothing but ovaries slightly larger in size than the normal looking ovaries. The small cysts form in these ovaries which cause some hormonal disturbances. So having a diagnosis of polycystic ovaries on ultrasound does not mean that you have polycystic ovary in ovarian syndrome. Polycystic ovarian syndrome occurs only when a patient is experiencing symptoms along with an ultrasound diagnosis of polycystic ovaries.
Now what can be the symptoms that occur in polycystic ovarian syndrome?
The symptoms are usually due to the hormonal changes, means that you can either have irregular periods, heavy bleeding or their can be on period at all, then may be increase in body hair increase in facial hair specially and loss of hair on the head. Then their can be weight gain. Patient can become overweight. It can affect the fertility difficulty in conceiving as well as oily skin acne under and also because the polycystic ovarian syndrome. Then their can also be some psychological disturbances. Your patient can experience mood swings and depression. All because of the hormonal changes or polycystic ovaries.
What are the causes of polycystic ovary syndrome?
Cause of polycystic ovarian syndrome is as such not yet known. It is just seen to run in a hereditary fashion. If your mother or elder sister experience problems of this kind you are also likely to have polycystic ovarian syndrome. Now other than these syndrome discussed earlier, you can also experience a lot of long-term consequences on health because of polycystic ovarian syndrome. These patients are more likely for having heart diseases later on in life, very high chances diabetes and blood pressure is there and even higher chances of uterine cancers, developing cancer of the lining of the uterus.
Now how can we reduce the effects of polycystic ovarian syndrome. As such there is no cure for the polycystic ovarian syndrome. We have medical treatment but better than that is to have a healthy lifestyle. Polycystic ovaries respond a lot to just having a healthy lifestyle which includes losing weight. If a patient is overweight, the first advice that we give to the patient is to lose a weight even a minimum weight loss of 3 to 5 kgs makes a drastic decrease in the even appearance of polycystic ovaries and betterment of hormones. So having a healthy lifestyle means eating lots of fruits and vegetables, cutting down on junk food. Losing weight in the form of activity having exercised makes a difference in the treatment itself. Along with that any other medical requirement is that then we have some hormonal tablets which can be started to cure the bleeding problems as well as we start them to help the patient to try to conceive. For the long term effects, just having a healthy lifestyle and having a control on weight having regular checkups with a general practitioner. Having the regular checkups of sugar to rule out diabetes or blood pressure and then annual screening for cancer can reduce the effects of polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Thank you I hope the information was useful for you.
If you have any queries regarding that you can always contact me on lybrate.
I had umprotected sex on 27 th day of my cycle. Had ipill within 24hrs. My cycle is generally 28 days. But no periods. Its 30th day now.
Hello mam Mam me apne gf ke sath 3 august ko physical relation bnaya tha. We did not use condom. Fer usi din us ne Emergency Contraception pill le li thi. But 15 august ko us ko pehle dark bleeding hui fer agle din thik ho hya. Lekin 28 august ko us ko ek var fer bleeding hui. Bas ek hi din hui. Or us k baad aj 25 September hai. Abhi tak period nhi aye. Pregnancy test negative hai. Laboratory test bhi negative hai. please help us.
5th month pregnancy. Low lying placenta not there in 12 weeks pregnancy scan. But observed in 19 weeks pregnancy. What is the reason?
Guava is a favourite fruit for many of us, Sprinkle with some salt and red chilly powder and it will just taste amazing isnt it ?
While there are many Health benefits we know of eating the fruit , but did you know even leaves of this sweet fruit has many benefits
Today i will share with you benefits of Guava leaves and also how you can use them in your day to day routine
Gauva leaves help in
1. Improving eyesight
4. Digestive health
5 Heart friendly
7 Lowers Cholestrol
8. Sugar control
9. Skin and hair
Now Let me share how it can help you and how you can include them in your routine.
You need to make a tea using this leaves and include it in your routine to get all its health benefits
Preparing Guava leaves tea
1.Get guava leaves - wash them well
2. In a pan add leaves and water then bring it to boil and simmer for 5 mins
3. Sip on this warm
If this tea is had post meal it can help in lowering sugar rise
After cooling this tea apply it on your scalp and hair., rich in nutrients it aids to stop hair loss and improve quality of hair
Weight loss- According to a research published in Nutrition and Metabolism , Guava leaf tea inhibits several different enzymes that convert carbohydrates in the digestive tract into glucose , potentially slowing its uptake into your blood. Thus promoting rapid weight loss
If you cant find guava leaves the fresh ones dont worry you can order dry guava leaves online.
I was suffering from irregular periods because I had consumed ipill frequently my gynaecologist advised me to take femilon I took it for one month and the next month I did not have irregular periods but now I again recently took 2ipill in a week and from two days I am again suffering from periods I had my last period on 28october and 15november I again had periods so I am thinking to start dosage of femilon again and permanently stop contraceptives Will that be fine.
Sir, mujhe masik dharm irregular hota h thoda thoda bleeding hota rhta h aur kafi lambe time tak hota h koi date v nahi fir h .mjhe kya problem ho skti hai? aur kya ye theek ho skta h .sir please mjhe kuch btaiye.
I newly join a gym. I do thigh exercise 1st time .i have a pain in my thigh but on same night I do sex. Now my does go. Is it harmful? Or how to cure?
Good morning Doctor my problem is. I had sex with my boyfriend on 27of October, Last time I got period on 2nd. And this time I didn't still get my period. I'm following general motor diet from past 4 days. My doubt is why I didn't get periods. Am I pregnant r its because of my diet. Please Help me how to get rid from this problem.
Hi, one of cousin didn't have uterus, so that she didn't attain puberty. I ve checked in internet, says that 1 in 5000 will suffer by this. Is there any solution for this.
I had sex with my hubby ,my last periods was on 20 march 2017 and had contact on 31 march on 1 April morning I took ipill by 12 pm and regular period again started for me on April 8 evening .am I pregnant or not please suggest me.
Pain in left forearm to wrist severely from last 4 days suddenly. Unable to discharge routine work. earlier in last 2 mnth my ortho prescribed me pkone tablet and said you have problem in last lumbar. Pl adv.
I have PCOD (Poly cystic ovary disease. I am seeing a doctor but I don't see any improvement in my health. I have irregular periods from the beginning. What should I do?
M 24 yes old n I suffered period problem .I HV irregular periods .no periods for 3-4 months many times. What the reason of it.
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
1. Caffeine: It’s wise to avoid coffee, tea or even sodas that contain caffeine, as it can adversely affect the baby’s heart rate. Some studies go on to suggest that the consumption of caffeine may even increase the risk of miscarriages. Not only that, the intake of caffeine by the mother can increase the chances of the baby getting diabetes. So anything that contains caffeine must be avoided at all costs.
2. Abdominal X-rays: Abdominal X-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of X-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby’s rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby’s chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukaemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid X-rays until absolutely necessary. However, you must avoid self meditation.
3. Heavy exercising: While moderate exercising during pregnancy is very healthy for both the baby and the mother, extreme exercising can give rise to quite a few complications. Exercises, which cause the heart rate of the mother to exceed the mark of 160 bpm (beats per minute) may result in the supply of less oxygen to the baby. This can lead to foetal hypoxia, a condition in which the supply of oxygen to the brain of the baby is restricted, resulting in brain damage. Exercises that must be avoided include abdominal crunches, exercises that hurt the mother’s joints or strain her back or which require her to hold her breath for too long.
4. Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as Foetal Alcohol Syndrome or FAS, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
5. Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.