Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gouri Bari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gouri BariYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. I'm 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant now. I had a transvaginal scan at 5 weeks and 2 days. Doctor saw one sac only. So she asked me to come again for another scan at 6 weeks and 4 days. I have pcos also. The doctor has prescribed me Ecosprin 75 mg. My doubts are Is it safe to take this tablet now? And what for is the tablet? Also is it common that we see only one sac in the scan when im pregnant for 5 weeks and 2 days. Anxiously waiting for your response. Thanks in advance -Susan.
Anorgasmia, also known as Coughlan's syndrome, is a form of dysfunction, which deters your performance in bed. It is defined as the inability of a patient to achieve an orgasm even with adequate stimulation. Anorgasmia may also refer to long delays in achieving an orgasm, causing significant concern or stress to the patient. This condition is more commonly seen in women, especially those in the postmenopausal age group.This is especially common in women.
Cause of Anorgasmia:
- Trauma to the genital or pelvic organs; this trauma can be acquired from straddle injuries, for example falling off a balance beam or a bicycle
- Complications of surgery in the pelvic area
- Gynecologic operations, difficult childbirth and prosthetic procedures
- Diseases, such as multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries and diabetes mellitus
- Psychological conditions such as anxiety, depression or alcoholism
- Certain kinds of drugs such as antidepressant medications
- Addiction to heroin and other opiates
Occasionally, anorgasmia results from a combination of these causes
Symptoms of Anorgasmia: The primary symptom of anorgasmia is the failure to climax during sexual intercourse. Some patients may also experience a decreased intensity of orgasms, take a longer time than usual to achieve orgasms, and experience pain in lower abdomen or pelvic region during sexual intercourse. These symptoms can produce marked distress for the individual.
Types of Treatments Available: Anorgasmia is best managed by a sexual therapist. These experts are specialists in managing sexual dysfunction, and would initially confirm the diagnosis with several blood tests. A thorough neurological examination will be performed and hormone levels, blood sugar and genital blood flow will be evaluated.
Anorgasmia can be treated with:
- Changes in lifestyle and sexual practices
- Minimizing stress and anxiety
- Trying different techniques of sexual stimulation
- Kegel exercises
- Use of several devices, such as vacuum pumps and vibrators
- Cognitive therapy, a form of behavioral therapy that promotes changes in a person's ideas and attitude towards sexual activity)
- Counseling for couples (to allow them to address any issues in the relationship, at home and in the bedroom). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My wife is not having menstrual cycle for past two months she is not pregnant she is to fatty in regards with her age and height is ther any complication in becoming pregnant.
The number of people affected by hypertension is constantly on the rise. The most important concern with people developing hypertension is that it is not an isolated issue. It brings with it a host of problems, including higher chances of stroke, heart disease, diabetes, and kidney diseases. While there is no definite cure for hypertension, it is definitely possible to control it using the following measures.
- Weight control: Greater the body mass index (BMI), higher is the chances of developing hypertension. Check with your doctor to know what the ideal weight is and try to maintain it. If overweight, losing even 10 pounds can make a big difference to your blood pressure.
- Diet management: Excessive salt, calories, fat, and sugar are to be avoided. Sodium is one of the main culprits for increasing blood pressure and should be avoided. Include fruits and vegetables that are rich in potassium and magnesium. Reducing salt is another major way to control blood pressure. Fish oils with omega-3 fatty acids are extremely good for the health of the heart and so consult your doctor to include the right amounts in your diet.
- Exercise: A regular workout regimen can reduce the chances of developing blood pressure by up to 40% to 50%. This should not be misinterpreted as the need for vigorous workouts. Even small, regular physical activity daily goes a long way in controlling blood pressure.
- Alcohol: While quitting alcohol is the best thing to do, for those finding it difficult to do so, cutting down on it plays a big role in controlling blood pressure. No more than a drink per day for women, and no more than two per day for men are recommended.
- Stress management: Stress is one of the major causes for increasing blood pressure, and so managing stress is very important. Whether music or meditation, pick your stress buster and see your blood pressure lowered.
- Medications: If you are already on a medication regimen, strictly adhere to the schedule. Consult your doctor before adding herbal supplements or dietary supplements. Taken individually, they may be good for health, but there are good chances of them interacting with your regular medications.
- Monitor: Once you have been diagnosed with high blood pressure, have periodic check-ups with your doctor to ensure it is within the permissible limits. If beyond limits, immediately correct it.
As noted, hypertension is not an isolated issue and brings with it a whole lot of issues. Controlling it can help control the other issues that would follow and improve the quality of life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello mera abhi 23 din pehle operation SE baby boy hua h mujhe khane me kya khana chahiye meri saas mujhe surf moong Ki daal or daliya deti h roz mera us SE pet nhi bharta please bataye or jab baby ko feed karwati hu to mujhe lagta h doodh kam ban RHA h wo din me 15-20 baar poti karta h.
Surrogacy is the method that is used for reproduction in which a woman other than the woman, who wants to have the baby, agrees to undertake pregnancy and give birth to a child for the couple that appoints her. A couple can opt for surrogacy in the following conditions.
In the case of females who cannot reproduce due to infertility or some other medical conditions that make the process risky for both the mother and the childlike heart diseases, liver infirmities and high blood pressure, surrogacy can opt for so that the couple can experience the bliss of becoming parents.
- If you are a single parent
A single parent can opt for surrogacy in order to fulfil his/her dream of having a child to live for.
- Other factors
There are several other factors when a couple might want to opt for surrogacy. For instance, in couples, where the female is too busy building a stable career for herself and she cannot take the risk of opting for pregnancy, surrogacy can come to their rescue. Also, repeated miscarriages, pelvic disorder, hysterectomy, an impaired uterus or the absence of uterus can act as reasons to opt for surrogacy.
There are a few factors that need to be considered before opting for surrogacy. They are listed below.
Type of surrogacy
Traditional surrogacy and gestational surrogacy are the two options available. In traditional surrogacy, the surrogate mother not only carries the embryo in her womb until childbirth but also donates the egg. However in gestational surrogacy, the egg is taken from the biological mother and impregnated in the womb of the surrogate mother through in vitro fertilization techniques. The intended parents need to take a decision regarding the type of surrogacy that they wish to opt for.
The intended parents must be aware of the surrogacy laws prevalent in their country so as to make sure that they can go through the entire process smoothly. For instance, in India, it is mandatory that the surrogate child should be biologically related to one of the two parents.
Cost of surrogacy
Another important factor that needs to be considered while opting for surrogacy is the cost of the undertaking. It can involve high costs due to the unpredictability of the situations surrounding the process, so the financial stability of the intended parents should be kept in mind. Also, choose the right agency or even if you choose an independent candidate to become the surrogate mother for your child, make a wise choice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Good afternoon sir/mam, actually I am 20 year old girl but till now my period not come on regular basis I have shown this many doctor's I have also given many medical test but no result come out so pls help me out.
- Boils: Make ashes from dry leaves of Neem and mix it with Neem oil. Use this preparation externally on Boils. And Also take juice of neem leaves regularly.
- Gas : take shivakshar pachan churna 2 to 4 grams twice a day after meal.
- Fullness of Stomach: Fry Garlic with Til Oil and give to eat in 5 to 10 pieces. Light massage with castor oil over the belly and get steam after massage.
- Skin diseases: In each type of Skin disease have to take bath with a water made with Neem leaves and take Manjisthadi Decoction in prescribed quantity.