Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gokulan B G
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Gokulan B GYour feedback matters!
I am a 27-year-old female. My specs power was constant from 7 years but two years earlier I developed cylindrical power in both the eyes. 0.75 in left and 1.5 in right. Now a few days ago I got my eyes checked and the cylindrical power in my left eye is 1.5 and the power become -8 .earlier it was 7. 25. Also the power in right eye was reduced .now it is 5.50earlier it was 6.5. I got my visual field test for the eyes and it showed 100% in left eye and 95% in right eye. Recently I have started seeing floaters in my right eye and I feel that aided left eye has more brightness than my aided right eye and I also feel some pressure in my eyes. The doctor checked my Retina and also measured the eye pressure in both the eyes. Pressure was 18 in left as 19 in right. She said retina is fine. Then what could be the cause of all this?
I am an accountant so full time am infront of system. so sometimes my eyes is too paining. what should i do sir?
Hifrom some days my eyes blowing some mud. Like cream color resha. And its too much when I touch and rub my eyes. Too much tired and headache bcoz of this. So pls give me sny solution if you cn. And thanks.
Hi I am Female 34 years old, suffering from papilledema as per MRI Report and doctor is suggesting me to be admitted in hospital for 2-3 days. They will release the pressure from brain's vain? They are not giving any medicine. Please suggest, is this the only process of treatment?
I will use computer and mobile phone. After a 5 minute of use then I have head ache and I will very tired. What is the cause of this problem?
Macular Degeneration is an age-related macular degeneration incurable eye disease, which might result in blurred vision or no vision in the centre of the vision field, which might lead to visual distortions, reduced central vision, decreased intensity of the colours and can make it difficult for the patient to recognize faces, read, drive and to perform other activities.
Types of Macular Degeneration:
1. Dry Macular Degeneration: It is characterized by the presence of drusen and thinning of macula because of a breakdown or thinning of the layer of retinal pigment epithelial cells in the macula.
2. Wet macular degeneration: In this type of AMD, there is an excessive growth of blood vessels, which causes bleeding, leakage, as well as scaring under the retina, which results in a rapid and severe loss of the central vision and might become permanent if not treated.
Causes of Age-related Macular Degeneration:
This is caused due to a problem related to the part of eye known as Macula, which is a spot at the centre of the retina of the eye. The focus point of the incoming ray of light is on Macula, which is responsible for see the things direct in front of us, especially reading and writing.
- Age: As the age increases, the probability of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration also increases significantly. The degree of the macular degeneration might vary person to person, but ageing is a major cause of suffering from age-related macular degeneration.
- Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of developing the disease in comparison to someone who does not smoke. The longer you have smoked, the more are the chances of developing it.
- Family History: The risk of developing the Age-related Macular Degeneration increases if it runs in your family, i.e. if your parents and siblings are suffering from it, then your chances of developing it are quite high as compared to the ones who do not have any family history.
- Obesity: The obese people have the higher chances of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- Alcohol: Higher alcohol consumption also puts you at the risk of AMD, which is why one should always take alcohol in limited quantity only.
- Sunlight: As going out in sunlight without sunscreen is harmful to your skin, the same is harmful to your eyes for longer duration, and one should always wear UV-absorbing sunglasses to protect his eyes from AMD.
- Ethnicity: The white and Chinese are more prone to developing AMD as compared to the black people.
- Cardiovascular disease: The persons who have suffered diseases that affect the heart and other blood vessel are at higher risk of macular degeneration.
Treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration
1. Anti-VEGF Drugs: The dry macular degeneration cannot be cured while the wet macular degeneration can be stabilized and maintained with a number of medical treatments to be injected into the eye, such as Lucentis, Avastin and Eylea. These are not long procedures and continued monitoring of the vision to maintain or improve the vision.
2. Laser photocoagulation: It consists of a concentrated beam of high energy thermal light that is directed towards the retina to obliterate and seal leaking blood vessels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.