Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GodboleYour feedback matters!
Sir my problem is my digestion is not well heavy food not digest and my skin is very sensitive I sun light.
Botox, derived from Clostridium Botulinum, is a cosmetic treatment often used to smooth wrinkled skin. Botox was originally used to treat spasms as it has muscles freezing qualities. Eventually it was discovered that Botox could cure the wrinkles present in the corner of the eyes,which are famously known as the crow's feet and as well as the superficial wrinkles just because it possessed the muscle freezing property.
In today's world, everyone is conscious about getting wrinkles or any other ageing signs. Eventually you will have to deal with them. But until it is absolutely obligatory for you to embrace those signs, Botox is an extremely efficient cosmetic treatment to control them.
Here are the different ways in which Botox is beneficial to you:
- Botox is nonsurgical: Botox can help you to get flawless skin without any surgery. Botox is administered into your skin in the form of injections. Hence, the hassle of going through a surgery is totally unnecessary.
- Botox lifts your eyebrow: Your eyebrow may drop due to various factors like age or lifestyle. Botox helps lift your drooping eyebrows; giving you a fresher and youthful look.
- Botox reduces excessive sweating: Excessive sweating can be extremely embarrassing at times, especially if it is under the arms. To be saved from this embarrassment, you can take a Botox shot and it will reduce the amount of sweat produced in your body, hence preventing excessive sweating.
- Botox can help with migraines: If you are suffering from migraine headaches, you might consider taking a Botox shot, as it may help reduce your headache and decrease their recurrence. It is extremely beneficial for those who suffer from chronic headaches during one such migraine attack.
- Botox helps with eye spasm: Botox helps cure strabismus, diplopia and blepharospasm. Botox relaxes the eye muscles so that they do not work against each other and let the defected muscles heal.
- Botox cures overactive bladders: Suffering from an overactive bladder can cause a lot of inconvenience. If you are suffering from a case of bladder incontinence, then you can think about getting a Botox shot. Botox increases the volume of the bladder thereby, reducing the incontinence. Once you get a shot, the overactive bladder will be cured gradually.
Although Botox has many benefits, it is still advised you consult your doctor before taking up the treatment.
There are women who feel their looks are spoilt because of the presence of excessive body hair. While hair on women's body is common, excessive body hair isn't a normal condition and must be taken seriously. Women are generally unaware that the condition is known as Hirsutism.
What is Hirsutism?
Hirsutism can be defined as growth of excessive facial and body hair in women. With the world obsessed with flawless skin, such changes from feminine hair pattern (soft, fine, vellus hair) to masculine hair pattern (hard, dark, terminal hair) in a woman is generally unwelcoming and, hence, very distressing for the woman.
Why do some women develop Hirsutism?
In order to understand the reasons for such excessive growth in some women, it is important to understand the differences in the physiology of men and women. The male or female appearance of one's body is dependent on a delicate balance between male and female sex hormones. There is a predominance of the hormone estrogen in a woman's body, whereas androgens (testosterone) are the predominant sex hormones among men. However, some amount of androgens is secreted by the ovaries and adrenal glands (located next to kidneys) in women also. But, an excessive production of these hormones results in Hirsutism. Hormonal imbalance is by far the most common cause of Hirsutism.
Causes of Hirsutism
The common causes of hirsutism include:
1. Endocrine causes
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) - PCOS is a condition of hormonal imbalance in the body, which can result in an irregular menstrual cycle, enlarged ovaries with a cystic appearance on USG, infertility, obesity and hirsutism. For more information on the causes and management of PCOS.
- Cushing's syndrome - Excessive production of hormone Cortisol by the adrenal glands can lead to symptoms such as high blood pressure, abdominal obesity, skin discoloration, muscle weakness, irregular menstruation, and hirsutism etc. This syndrome is known as Cushing's syndrome.
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH) - CAH is a condition of excessive production of hormones Androgens and Cortisol by the adrenal glands and generally manifests in childhood in the form of virilization. In such cases, CAH can present with symptoms such as ambiguous genitals, obesity, hypertension etc. However, sometimes the manifestation of CAH is deferred to early adulthood and results in milder symptoms, hirsutism being one of them.
2. Tumors - Tumors in ovary or adrenal glands can again cause hirsutism due to excessive production of androgens
- Long term steroid consumption (commonly used for immunosuppression, rheumatoid arthritis, and multiple sclerosis)
- Performance enhancing drugs (often used by athletes)
4. Idiopathic - the woman may be having hirsutism despite normal hormone levels
There are essentially two lines of treatment for hirsutism - one is medical management and the other is a cosmetic treatment.
Medical treatments for hirsutism -
A. Birth control pills - It's possible to reduce the severity and intensity of hair growth using birth control pills- the most commonly prescribed medical intervention! The birth control pills help by decreasing the production of androgens by ovaries. Besides this, estrogen present in the pills also helps the liver to produce more of sex hormone binding protein- these proteins bind to circulating androgens, thereby reducing their action on the body. Both these actions help in reducing the growth of hair on the body.
B. Anti-androgen medications - There are three categories of anti-androgen medications, which are commonly used for the treatment of hirsutism.
- I. Spironolactone - Spironolactone is a diuretic medicine, which blocks the effects of androgens on the hair follicles, thus controlling hair growth.
- II. Finasteride - Finasteride works by blocking the conversion of body testosterone into its more potent chemical entity, thereby limiting the effect of testosterone on hair growth.
- III. Flutamide - Flutamide is a potent anti-androgen, which blocks the actions of androgens and helps in controlling the hair growth.
However, we have to ensure that the woman is not pregnant when taking any of these three medications. These medicines are often combined with oral contraceptives, which also have a synergistic effect in reducing the severity of hirsutism. One should also seek an expert opinion before starting these medications as there can be serious side effects, especially on liver.
C. Steroids - Low dose dexamethasone can be used to control the overactive adrenal glands when used carefully. However, long-term steroid therapy has got its own side effects and this therapy should only be considered under expert care and guidance.
D. Insulin sensitizing medicines - Medicines such as Metformin and Pioglitazone (Basically these are anti-diabetic medications) help in reducing insulin resistance in the body, which, in turn, helps in controlling the effects of excessive circulating androgens.
Cosmetic treatment for hirsutism -
One very important aspect of cosmetic management of hirsutism is self-care. This can include shaving, waxing, use of depilators and bleaching creams. All these measures help to reduce the amount of visible hair in undesired parts of the body. But, this needs to be done very frequently for a sustained visible effect.
Permanent hair removal is also possible using electrolysis or LASER treatment. In electrolysis treatment, electric current is passed into the hair follicle using a needle, which damages the root of the hair permanently. Similarly, LASER treatment uses LASER to destroy the hair follicle. Both these are effective methods to get rid of the undesired hair. However, we do not yet know if there are any long-term complications or side effects of these methods and these methods are not yet approved by the US FDA.
Related Tip: How Safe is Laser Surgery for Facial Hair Removal??
My skin is getting very dull and is very much tan. N I m not even 18. What should I do for that case.
Good evening doctor! I am jagadeesh 21y old ,i was suffering from skin infection .From last two days when I went to my own home I was porn to some skin infection like sudden change in skin colour into red patches ,first I feel some itchiness but later there is no itching and irritation, but skin color patches is increasing and decreasing ,actually before reaching my place this skin infection is effected by my parents and some other peoples in that village from them it was transmitted. So please give me solution.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
I think am having hemorrhoids because I sometimes lose blood with stool. I would like to know what kind of doctor I should consult and what I should eat n what to avoid.
My face is completely occupies the black spots, so my face is converted in to oily skin. My anytime showing dull, so what can I do?
MY back has so many black spot. Last 3 year I had taken treatment. Since not spot goes from back. What I do? And my weight also not gaining. What I do?
I have so many skin problems like hair lose, pimples, dry skin, white spots on body. Please consult me.
My height is 5.9 ft and my body weight is 98 kg. I face many problems for this. Can you give me your opinion, please I want to decrease my body weight.
Hi. I am 28 yrs old. Suffering from rosace from past 1 year which is recurrent. I have tried it all homeopathic allopathic. Nothing seems to help. Kindly advise what should I do. My Ige test is 167 which is way above normal. Kindly advise what medications and precautions should I be taking to manage this problem. I am stressed and have developed suicidal tendency due to this problem. I do not develop papules and pustules nor do I see many visible capillaries basically its redness on my cheeks nd nose and it burns like hell. Also afterwards it peels. Why do I suffer from this disease? Kindly help Thanks
Dear Sir, I have fissure from last 6 years? Now my situation is too bad. I will try many tablet and syrup (like cremaffin, duphalac syrup, loose) but stool is continue hard. Please suggest me what I can do? And please also confirm Is any solution available in Ayurveda for completely removed this fissure? Thanks in advance.
I am a 22 years old girl, I have dark pigmentation on my hand limbs since 2 years. I was using veet hair removal cream. How can I get rid of it. Please help me.
My aunt is having some white spots on elbows from few months please suggest any treatment or medicines.
I am 20 years 0ld female. I have lots of skin problem like black sport which left over by pimples, uneven skin tone, suntan and fineline near my lip area. My skin is dry.
Oily skin can be a pain to deal. The accumulation of excess oil on the outer skin layer often leads to whiteheads, blackheads, blind pimples and other skin irritations. The excess oil results from the sebaceous glands in the skin producing excess sebum. Those who have this condition usually have shiny skin and large pores.
Oily skin can be caused by genetics, dietary choices, too much stress or hormone changes in the body due to puberty. Women also are more prone to oily skin during menstrual cycles, pregnancy, or menopause and while taking birth control pills.
1. Wash your face twice a day with a gentle face cleanser.
2. Use oil-free moisturizers and oil-free sunscreen.
3. Eat spicy foods no more than once a week.
4. Eat carrots, spinach, avocado.
5. Exfoliate once a week.
1. Tomatoes are great for oily skin due to their cooling, clarifying and astringent properties. The high vitamin c content in tomatoes is very helpful for acne-prone skin. Plus, the natural oil-absorbing acids in tomatoes help get rid of excess oil.
Cut a tomato in half and rub it on your skin.
Allow the juice to soak into your skin for at least 15 minutes.
Rinse your skin with cold water, pat it dry and apply a light oil-free moisturizer.
2. Apples: Apples work as a great exfoliating agent and they have mild antiseptic, astringent, and soothing properties that make them a great home remedy for oily skin. The malic acid in apples helps exfoliate dead skin cells and absorbs excess oil from the skin’s surface.
Grate half an apple and place the shreds on your skin. Leave it on the skin for 15 minutes and then wash it off with tepid water.
Mix one teaspoon each of grated apple, yogurt and lemon juice to form a smooth paste. Apply it all over your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Then rinse your face with cool water.
3. Egg whites: High in vitamin a, egg whites can effectively dry out skin blemishes as well as tone and tighten up oily skin.
Whip one egg white until stiff and spread it on your skin. Allow it to dry and then wash it off with warm water. Do this twice a week.
Whip one egg white, add the juice from half a lemon and mix it well. Apply the mixture on your face, leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. This will tighten the skin and soak up excess oil.
4. Use clay mask
5. Multani mitti or fuller’s earth: Multani mitti is the best face pack for people with oily skin. The magnesium chloride present in it drags out the dirt and oil present in the skin pores which prevents acne and blackheads.
Mix rosewater or plain water into 3 tablespoons of fuller’s earth to make a paste.
Apply to face, leave on 20 minutes.
Rinse with water.
Repeat once a week.
6. Cornstarch: Cornstarch dries up excess oil, leaving skin soft and clear.
Mix 2-3 tablespoons cornstarch with warm water to make a paste.
Apply to face and leave on until dry.
Rinse with lukewarm water,
7. Facial steam helps in unclogging the pores and removes the dirt trapped in them and evaporates the oil on the skin. Before taking a facial steam, remove the any cream or makeup or else it can cause skin irritation. Just 5 minute facial steaming is enough.
For better result consult me.