Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Girme J K
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Girme J KYour feedback matters!
I would like to know that is it really possible to get back the colour of skin with which you were born? I mean we born with flawless skin. But as we grow its start becoming dark and full of spots. So is it really possible. Anyone.
I am 23 year old male. I am suffering from body heat problem because of which frequently I get big heat pores on my heap region and forehead part. Also, I have been suffering from tremendous hair loss problem since last six months. I am using Patanjali Almond oil every night for hair massage. Suggest me good options for all above problems.
Melanoma, also referred to as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer. It evolves from the color or pigment containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas normally happen in the skin, yet may once in a while it may happen in the mouth, guts, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back. Sometime a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability. This may also prompt breakdown of the skin.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
1. More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
2. There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
3. This is common in young women and causes many deaths.
4. Women below the age of forty are at more risk of getting melanoma than any other kind of cancer such as breast cancer.
5. There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
6. Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
- The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
- Those with numerous moles, presence of the disease in family members and who have poor immunity are at more noteworthy risk to get melanoma. Various uncommon hereditary defects, such as xeroderma pigmentosum increase the risk of melanoma.
- The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
- Ultraviolet UVB light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
- Spend less time in direct sunlight and should seek shade.
- Avoid the sun at peak hours.
- Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
- Keep away from tanning salons.
Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir/madm my face is black. I used many creams but there is no result so please tell me which cream I want use to became white.
Would like to know if there is any cream or treatment to get rid of dark spots and blemishes, post chicken pox recovery?
The term 'open pores' refers to the pores on the skin that are larger and more prominent than rest. Sometimes even particular types of acne fall under this dermatological condition. Mainly visible on the T-zone and the surrounding area of the cheeks, open pores are dilated openings of the oil glands and more likely to affect people with oily skin types. As a result of the unchecked secretions of oil through the early years, open pores become worse with age. Below are some of the most efficient yet easy home remedies that can help one to prevent open pores and achieve a flawless skin.
Apple Cider Vinegar
A natural skin-toner and astringent, apple cider vinegar can be an excellent home remedy for restoring the pH balance of the skin, reducing large pores and tightening the skin. The anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties of apple cider vinegar also help to treat unwanted acne breakouts, which can sometimes result from open pores.
When it comes to reducing open pores to get a smooth blemish free skin, sugar scrub is one of the most popular home remedies. You can exfoliate the skin and remove excess oil as well as other impurities and dead cells by using a sugar scrub mixed with honey or lemon juice. This scrub can do wonders in preventing open pores.
One of the simplest yet most efficient home remedies for treating open pores is applying ice on the skin. Ice helps in shrinking large pores and makes the skin firm. Widely used before applying makeup on the skin, ice is also known to promote blood circulation and thus adds a healthy glow. Adding cucumber juice, rose water or apple juice to the water while making ice cubes can prove to be a more beneficial home remedy for open pores.
Another effective remedy that is known to shrink enlarged pores is an even paste of oatmeal, egg white, and lemon juice applied twice a week. Not only that, egg white simply by itself, tones and tightens the skin and reduces open pores. Face masks made with egg whites can also be used for treating virulent acnes.
A rather gentle exfoliating agent for the skin, baking soda comes with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which play a crucial role in protecting the tender skin against the invasion of acne and pimples. Besides helping to remove grime, dead cells and other impurities from the skin, it maintains the pH balance of the skin by maintaining the acid content.
Open pores on facial skin are a serious beauty concern for many. However, it is important to understand that pores are natural components of the skin. Minimizing the appearance of the imperfections, such as large open pores, is certainly possible with the help of the remedies as mentioned earlier; but, making them go away permanently may not be possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.