Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Girish Pote
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Girish PoteYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year old female and I have missed my periods from last 45 days. I have also gone through HCG pregnancy test which came out to be 0.100 (mIU/mL). What could be the reason for missing the period? What is my result?
Sleep walking is a sleep related disorder that affects many individuals globally. It causes people to get up and start walking even when they are in a deep state of sleep. This condition happens when the patient is going through a state of deep sleep to light sleep, before actually awaking. In most cases, the patients are not aware of their actions and may find themselves in another room or part of the house when they wake up. While this condition usually happens for children between the ages of four to eight, it may even happen for certain adults. Here is everything you need to know about sleep walking from the reasons that cause it, to the ways in which it may be treated.
General causes of sleepwalking: Sleepwalking may be caused by sudden stress or a chaotic sleep pattern. In such cases, it may last only a few weeks and may even come with other symptoms like bedwetting. This is most commonly seen in children. It is also a genetically inherited disorder that can affect people whose parents or siblings have suffered from the same.
Also, if you have a sleep deprivation problem and experience trouble when it comes to falling asleep, then this condition may set in. Many people also walk in their sleep when they are drunk or are known to regularly get drunk. Excessive alcohol consumption may also lead to such sleep disorders. Also, if the patient is taking sedatives that are hypnotic in nature, then they may experience such symptoms as sleep walking.
Medical conditions: There are also a number of medical conditions that may cause this condition. To begin with, sleepwalking may arise as a symptom of heartburn and fever. Also, patients who are suffering from an irregular heartbeat or heart rhythm may end up walking in their sleep. Restless leg syndrome, obstructive sleep apnea, night time seizures and asthma may also cause this condition. Other psychiatric disorders like post-traumatic stress disorder, panic attacks and multiple personality disorder can also cause symptoms such as sleep walking.
Treatment: The method of treatment is usually based on the genetic, environmental or physiological reasons that are behind the actual disorder. While changing the medicines and treating the actual ailment that causes sleep walking as a symptom may be recommended by most doctors, one may also have to undergo therapy. This therapy will help in reaching the root cause of the sleepwalking disorder in case it is a chronic problem that has nothing to do with any other ailment or disease. The doctor may also look for signs of nocturnal seizures and confusion arousal in order to treat the same with proper therapy and medication. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
its due to sex hormone changes in your body during that time mainly estrogen & FSH.
try to control your emotion by doing yoga- it acts like miracle. eyes closed & deep breathing in & out in the early morning makes you calm & control your sex steroid releasing hormones through hypothalamus.slow body twisting improves your circulation in lower abdominal organs.
for abdominal/breast pain-try to use home remedies like cold compress/ cold cod oil massage.
diet- raw onion and pumpkin seeds. flaxseed oil, evening primrose oil lavender and tea in the evening. try to have vegetables and fish- avoid meats.
**do not let your hormones to control your mind**
in severe cases, you may need medicines, consult your physician- we are always their to solve your problems.
Hi, I did sex with my bf on 16th at 5 PM then on 17th I look a pill called unwanted 72 at 6 PM but after one hour I vomited and then I vomited 2 more time on the same day. On 18th I again took an unwanted 72 at 7: 30 PM and after 2 hours I vomited again so what I need to do now. And in my case only semen was there in the dick also my periods ended on 31st December. Kindly help me as soon as possible is there any chance of pregnancy.
While you are too busy running a rat-race, chasing education, career, and everything extravagant and lavish, you might be slowly slipping away on your chances of parenting a baby. Find that strange and wayward? Well, your fertility might have already started taking a dip. The chances of conception drop down to less than 10% as a woman approaches the mid-thirties and a man, mid-forties. This is because increasing age takes a toll on the quality and the quantity of eggs produced. Chromosomal problems accompanied by risk of miscarriages tend to bring down pregnancy rates. So much so, that a child, born to older parents, might have higher risks of suffering from learning difficulties, psychological disorders and even autism. Not only age, but one’s innate lifestyle habits and practices can also be a few reasons behind infertility.
Age and Fertility: Women’s fertility starts to decline when women are in their early 30s (and the decline speeds up post-35). Men’s fertility starts to decline at 45 years of age. As well as declining fertility, there is an increased risk of pregnancy complications for older mothers and and with older fathers, an increased risk of the child having autism spectrum disorders, mental health disorders and learning difficulties.
Weight and Fertility: Obesity, owing to a sedentary lifestyle and an unhealthy diet, can cause and aggravate hormonal irregularities in both the genders. For men, these imbalances result in coital problems and dip in the sperm count, while for women, they pose threats such as miscarriages, risks of a still-born child and other pregnancy complications. Women who are obese and smoke are more than twice as likely as healthy weight women to have a baby with congenital heart disease.
The Appropriate Timing: If you fail to keep a track of the most fertile period of your menstrual cycle based on the days you ovulate, you might miss out on a good chance of getting pregnant. Pregnancy is technically possible during the five days before ovulation and the day of ovulation. The likelihood of actually becoming pregnant, though, is dramatically increased if you have intercourse in the three days leading up to and including ovulation.
Stress: In today’s times, some amount of stress is unavoidable. However, being subject to constantly high levels of stress on a daily basis ups the secretion of the stress hormone, ‘cortisol’; that eventually takes a toll on one’s libido, thus wreaking havoc on one’s chances and aspirations of parenting a child. Also, what too much stress does is that it mars personal relationships, thus further increasing one’s woes.
Pollutants: With rapid urbanization and unchecked industrialization, the world you live in was never more polluted than now. Such increased and consistent exposure to pollution makes one all the more vulnerable to infertility.
Hello Doctor, Me 23 years ki hu . Me janana chahti hu ki jab me apne husband ke sath sex krti hu to unka sperm mere under nhi ruk pata or wo sara bhar nikl jata hai esa kis vjh se ho rha mere sath? Please give me some advice.
If you want to have a safe pregnancy by curtailing all sorts of complications, then you have to promptly respond to warning bells. There are certain warning symptoms that should not be neglected at all as that might put your pregnancy in danger.
- Bleeding: This kind of situation cannot be ignored as that often leads to serious issues like placental abruption or miscarriage. In this case, you are definitely in need of the assistance of any expert doctor.
- Swollen face or hands: Slightly swollen face or hands in pregnancy are normal, but if you observe excessive puffiness, especially on your feet and ankles, then it is a warning sign as it might lead to toxaemia or PIH. Therefore, consulting a doctor is very much needed in this regard.
- Abdominal pain: Round ligament pain is quite normal, and you do not have to worry about the same. But if the pain is accompanied by bleeding, then the danger of miscarriage might come into being, and thus you should be very much alert about the same.
- Blurring vision: Both blurring vision and dizziness are the commonest pregnancy symptoms. But if they get increased suddenly, visit your doctor.
- Itching: Itching is common during pregnancy mostly due to stretching of the skin. Your skin also becomes dry. But if it continues for long, then you should check the same with your doctor for avoiding liver disorder.
- Fever: Exposure to flu and cold viruses increases during pregnancy, as a result of which fever occurs. But if the fever lasts for more than 48 hours, then viral conditions can be expected, which are pretty dangerous.
- Unwanted back pain: Normal pain in pregnancy is alright, but excessive pain might indicate bladder or kidney infections, preterm labour, miscarriage or cyst. All these conditions should be essentially avoided to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Gushing of fluid: If you are not in labour, but are feeling wet constantly, then it is better to see a doctor. There might be a great possibility of breaking of water, and this is quite dangerous in the advanced stage of pregnancy.
- Less movement of baby: Experiencing baby kicking is quite natural during pregnancy, and if stops suddenly, then there is something wrong. Kicking patterns should be followed and then only you will be able to realize whether the baby is normal or not. If you are facing any of the above symptoms, then immediately visit your doctor.