Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Girish Gaikwad
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Girish GaikwadYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old, I am having pain in the tail of my backbone. I think it is called coccyx. I had the same pain when I was 17; when did an ultrasound scan doctor told there was puss and the puss was removed manually without any minor surgery or anything. I am experiencing the same pain after 2 years I am doing my btech long away from my home. I am very concerned. What should I do. Is this normal?
Sudden pain in waist, can't get up when lied down, also thigh becomes painful sometimes, gas problem and acidity as well. Please help me out. No medicines taken till now.
Sir I am suffering from neck pain for last 8 month and headache. I have done MRI CT scan every thing Found normal. Doc said due to stress your neck pain. He given medicine but I am not feeling well. What should I do sir please I am lots of trouble what should I do.
I am suffering from extreme back pain .I have to sit hours for coaching, and this pain remains whole day .It mainly started from the day I started doing coaching .Please help it is getting unbearable, and leaving coaching classes is not in my hand.
My names is seema I have problem with joints pains I have taken many medicines what I should do now to get ride of this pains.
Please help me. Mere kalse (thursday: 6/10/2016) ki raat se PEECHE KAMAR PR SE LEFT SIDE KA POORA HISSA BHUT DARD HO RHA HAI. AUR IS TIME TO JAISE ekdum dard saha nhi jaa rha hai.(plzz note: meri KAMAR, NEECHE KA POORA LEFT SIDE KA HISSA THAT MEANS LEFT LEG. Neeche tak poora dard ho rha. Sirf left portion may hi dard hai. Ekdum se ye dard utha) pllzz help me fast.
Sir me 28 years ka hu mu je puri body me thado pain hota alaga alag jagah par alag alag time pain hota hehatah me chesat me gal par pair me hatah ki ungli me par ke panjo me sir me etc sir ye kya ho sakta he.
The neck and shoulder have a huge range of movement and thus they are more prone to injury. The ball and socket joint at the upper arm is the shoulder and both the neck and the shoulder are made up of soft tissues, muscles and ligaments.
Reasons behind pain Injured rotator cuffs:
Rotator cuffs are the tendons supporting the shoulder. If they are injured it might lead to a chronic loss of the range of movement. This is more commonly known as a frozen shoulder.
- Dislocation: Dislocated disc of the neck or shoulder due to an accident would cause severe pain in the affected area.
- Fractures: Fractured collarbone or the upper arm bone may result in chronic pain.
- Tendonitis: This occurs due to the over usage of the arms or neck or strains due to over exertion like in sports.
- An unstable shoulder joint: If there is instability in the ball and socket joint of the upper arm, chances of having a chronic pain is high. Others: Degenerative arthritis, herniated disc, and even heart attacks can be the other possible causes of chronic neck and shoulder pain.
When to go to the doctor?
When the patient experiences a pain due to a severe blow or injury, the neck pain radiates down the legs and arms, a feeling of numbness and tingling sensation, or has a stiff neck with fever or vomiting, it is essential to seek the advice of a Doctor.
Diagnosis for shoulder and neck pain X-ray:
The main form of diagnosing a pain is an x-ray. It helps to reveal diseases from arthritis, tumour, slipped disc, narrowing spinal cord, fractures and spinal cord instability.
- MRI: Magnetic Resonance Imaging or simply the MRI reveals the detail of nerve-related issues along with the problems in the ligaments and tendons.
- CT scan: There may be instances when the injuries are difficult to be diagnosed. And, in the case of a fracture, a CT Scan is advised for more details. It is also an alternative to MRI.
- ECG: An Electrocardiogram is a way of diagnosis if shoulder and neck pain continues along with chest pain or shortness of breath. If there is a risk of an individual having a heart attack, then an ECG is recommended.
- Electro Diagnosis: Electromyography referred to as EMG and Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV) are used to diagnose pain in the arm, neck, shoulder followed by a numb feeling on the affected areas.
Treatment for chronic shoulder and neck pain
A simple sprain on the neck and shoulder would demand a rest for a few days along with pain medication. If the pain is due to muscle spasms application of dry or moist heat may provide relief. In the case of a swelling due to injuries, a cold ice pack 4 to 8 times a day will provide immense relief. Patients might be advised a cast or sling for the shoulder pain. The soft tissues in the neck and shoulder can be treated with pain relievers taken for a few days. Muscle relaxants are also prescribed depending on the severity of the pain. Local corticosteroid injections are helpful for shoulder arthritis. Platelet rich plasma injection is another modern treatment for arthritis or tendinopathy. In some situation, radio frequency procedures are very helpful. Exercises are very effective for both neck and shoulder pain movement. Surgery might be an option if nerve roots are affected.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!