Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Geetanjali SharmaYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes last three weeks what should I do please I need your help and also headache please give me any suggestion.
I have red eye within 2 days ago that problems is appear for 3days. Please choose the sutabile medicine.
My name harpreet singh I am 17 Years old my eyes in redness in 2 Years doctor you tell about some one medicine and check up.
Sir I had surgery on my eyes for glaucoma in 2009. But now I feel little bit pain in my eyes like a weakness pain. Abut I was gone to the hospital they told me that my eyes is good or normal. Just give me a some medication. If I work on my lappi after that my eye are being red. So sir tell me how can I work o. My lappi? Now I'm using optical. But I think I'm not getting relief.
I want to know about laser treatment my eyesight is -4.75 left and -5.00 right. My age is 18 years. Pls suggest me is that good or not?
I am unable to see the lights in the night. If I see my eyes are paining. Why this is happening to me.
I have red eye for over 2 days with pain and continuous headache in evening till I see at night. What should I do.
Hello, I am 5 days late from due date of my period. But negative pregnancy test. My last 5 cycles were regular. Also having mild right side pain in lower abdomen. Is it a sign of pregnancy or my periods are yet to come. No other symptoms noticed.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.