Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geeta VhadekarYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years female I am having smelly vagina from last one month and something yellowish is being released .i am washing it by v wash daily still no improvement wht should I do.
In which months pregnant lady to avoid flight travelling? Kya pregnancy ke seventh month me flight travelling karna chahiye?
We have been trying to have a baby. We copulate every alternate day in order to increase the likelihood of getting pregnant. I would like to ask whether continuing to copulate even after the fertile window is over, will have any adverse impact to achieving implantation/pregnancy ? Or should we stop after the end of the fertile window?
Hello, I'm a single mother and I had my only child when I was 24, I was wondering about the risks of having another child at the age of 41 , is it possible , if possible recommended or should I think about other options like surrogacy? Thank you in advance.
We have all the reports normal which are essential to become parents but there is problem in conceiving. Have shown to various doctors .Please suggest what to do?
Hi My sister is pregnant. Present Her gestation week is 16th Her serum showed trisomy21 risk. What it means? Her report says risk of down's 1 in 280 Is there any problem of continuing pregnancy. Waiting for your reply.
Dissatisfaction about your own body is very common. Negative self image may affect one’s self esteem and lead to depression and generally make you worry or be conscious all the time.
Here are few tips to overcome the feeling of body dissatisfaction.
1. First of all, let’s understand one basic fact - NoBODY is perfect! quite literally.
It is important to be realistic about your body and to remember that a perfect body is neither essential for your happiness nor does it have much relevance to your fitness.
2. Exercise regularly to stay fit and to boost your mood. Do the workouts which you enjoy doing.
3. Don’t compare yourself with others as they might have perfect body but might not be as fit or happy as you feel.
4. Accept that you are what you are and it is absolutely OK to be just the way you are. Instead it is advisable to focus on your abilities and work on to improve your skills. Prove your strengths which build your body confidence.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 30 years Female, I have undergone IUI treatment on Aug 3rd, I have done urine test on 20th. Result was positive. But my doctor suggested for Beta HCG Test. 1st time got 3224, 2nd time got 5540 & 3rd time got 7950. For every Test 48 hours gap was there. I want to know the condition of my pregnancy I am pregnant .Is it Healthy one or Leads to Miscarriage? Please help me in this.
Requested doc I want some information about my girlfriend problems. She no have red days regular past 1 to 2 month before. She also take some medicine but not effect. Can you told home remedies.
I am having my next periods within 13 days. I got married 50 days before. It's not having heavy flow but red spotting all over the day about 7 days.
Hi my age is 22 and I'm suffering from stomach pain one time a day. It pain below my stomach actually. Also at the right side near uterus. I dnt have periods problem but this month only I had late periods. Please tell me any solution.
Hi doctor. Have a hood day. Doctor my marriage is about 3 month. Now I and my wife, we are planning for a baby. So I want to know that in Menstrual cycle among of 28 days which day will be the best day for physical relation for pregnancy.
The fourth day of Diwali is celebrated as Annakut to thank God for his benevolence. Govardhan Puja is one of the primary rituals associated with this day. The legend behind this festival is centred around a hillock named Govardhan which Krishna lifted to shelter the people living there from torrential rains. Thus, it is celebrated by making small mounds of cow dung that symbolize the hillock and prayers to Lord Govardhan. Cow dung in India is not treated as mere excrement, but has a number of uses. Primary amongst them is the burning of dried cow dung cakes as fuel to cook food in rural households and provide heat. Cow dung is also an excellent fertilizer. In many places, cow dung is also added to mud bricks so as to strengthen the brick and prevent disintegration.
According to Ayurveda, cow dung is germicidal and has healing properties. To this effect, cow dung is mentioned a number of times in ancient Indian scriptures.
1. Cow dung’s antibacterial properties make it a good natural disinfectant. Using cow dung to disinfect an area involves coating the floor with a paste of fresh cow dung. This practice is followed in many rural households throughout India. Burning cakes of dried cow dung are also said to repel insects and mosquitoes.
2. Cow dung is also said to have mood enhancing properties. It contains bacteria named Mycobacterium vaccae which is responsible for activating neurons that produce serotonin. Seratonin is a neurotransmitter that contributes towards making a person feel happy.
3. Dried cow dung is also used to make disinfectant soaps. Some of the ayurvedic practitioners also use cow dung to treat skin ailments. However, you must keep in mind that cow dung does contain bacteria and hence should not be applied on skin that is cut or raw.
4. Even the ash produced by cow dung has beneficial uses. This ash when added to pond water is also said to balance the acidity in the water and regulate pH levels. Dry ash absorbs oil and fat and hence is also used as a cleaning agent.
Here are some other medicinal uses of cow dung:
1. According to some ancient scripts, cow dung ash can be used to strengthen gums and clean teeth.
2. Cow dung is an excellent disinfectant and mosquito repellent. This is the reason why the walls of the houses were coated with cow dung in the ancient times.
3. The cow dung can be used a body back in order to detoxify the body.
4. It is also said to be very helpful in preventing pimples.
5. Cow dung is also known to improve blood circulation.
6. It also helps in keeping the infections from spreading.
7. Ayurvedic medicines made out of cow dung also work wonders in treating indigestion problems.
However, if one chooses to use cow dung to treat an ailment or cleanse the body in any way, it should be done only under the supervision of an Ayurvedic doctor.
Menstruation is a physically painful affair for many women. Abdominal cramps accompanied by painful thighs and calves are commonly faced by many women just before the onset of their periods. In some cases, this situation can continue for the whole week, making it difficult to get any work done. This pain is also known as dysmenorrhea. Instead of popping a painkiller, here are a few homeopathic medications that can effectively cure this problem.
- Pulsatilla: Made from windflower, this is one of the oldest forms of homeopathic medication. Pulsatilla is suited to sensitive women and can be used to treat both irregular and painful menses. It also helps deal with over sensitivity and mood changes. Pulsatilla is most useful when taken between periods.
- Belladonna: Belladonna acts on the nervous system to treat sudden intense abdominal cramps and congested dysmenorrhea. If the blood in your periods is bright red and flows at a high rate, belladonna may be the solution to your problems. Other associated symptoms belladonna can help treat are red, flushed skin and temperature spikes.
- Magnesium Phosphoricum: Every woman has a different type of menstrual pain. If the pain you feel is soothed by heat packs and application of pressure but aggravated by any type of movement, you could try to treat it with Magnesium Phosphoricum. This is also effective for period pains that increase in the night and early menses.
- Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is made from the seed of a plant. This is particularly effective in cases of menstruation accompanied by diarrhea. Nux Vomica also helps treat irregular and prolonged menses. It also helps deal with abdominal cramps and heartburn. Nux vomica should ideally be taken in low potency doses as it can have a number of side effects when taken regularly in high potency doses.
- Cimicifuga: Cimicifuga is very effective when it comes to treating painful muscular cramps. Women who need cimicifuga will find that as the flow increases, so do the cramps. These women also suffer from headaches, severe abdominal pain and shooting pains in the thighs. Along with pain, it also helps treat nervousness that may be a result of the menstrual discomfort.
- Chamomilla: Every woman deals with her pain in a different way. For some women, passive movement like driving a car can help alleviate pain. In such cases, the use of chamomilla can be very beneficial. It also helps with clotted bleeding and bleeding between periods.
Mostly, menstrual pain during menses is due to hormonal irregularities and cysts of ovaries or uterus. So, in case of complaints, we need to access these also while selecting remedies. Constitutionally and symptomatically selected medicine in Homeopathy will help the patients get relief. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.