Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geeta Bhatt
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Geeta BhattYour feedback matters!
He lost his dog last week since then he's feeling depressed and feeling lonely. His girlfriend did all she can to help but he is missing his dog. What can I do to help him?
I am suffering from last 13 years with this problem. I always feel tension and low confidence specially when I go to any new place and in this situation I can't speak with any new people and I stammering more. In this situation I am depending on my parents or friends that they will speak with strangers for train tickets, shopping,car booking and they speak in phone for me because I stammer to much and think depression but when I am trying to speak in alone with myself but where I can speak clearly without stammering. One more thing that I can't remember Road or path in new place but other friends with me can remember Road or path from where I came. From Which doctor I have to consult pls reply.
Sir, My wife is affected by depression aged about 54. Refusing to attend a hospital/psychiatrist for treatment/consultancy. It is very difficult to manage her daily. Please give the solution.
Sir I feel very week I feel tired so what I do grow my stamina brain not working fast I am student and 25 year old what I do learning and fast solve problem.
I have high BP and I get tense very soon. How do I reduce stress and tension without taking tablets.
My brother in law has psychological problem since childhood now he makes too much noise at home. He is 35 years old. We are giving him lozapin100 mg in the evening.is it ok?
I am a 20 year old bachelor. I feel full pain in my body when I get up in the morning. I thought it will get cured, but it didn't, what should I do now?
Is depression curable sir I may b in depression I can't control my mind its making negative thought embarrassing jealousy can't feel lot of things like my body activities these are my symptoms help me plz.
Do you worry about your friend or relative’s drinking habits? You are not alone. There are people who struggle for years with the same question - How can I tell if the person I love is an alcoholic or not?
Well, the good news is that you don’t need to be a medical professional to figure out the right answer to this vital question. Read on to find simple ways to know whether your loved one suffers from alcohol addiction.
First up is a short quiz about drinking habits, developed by Dr. John Ewing to identify alcohol addiction. Treat this as a pointer and take your loved one to an expert, if it points towards alcohol addiction. You can ask these questions directly to your loved one, or you can answer these questions on their behalf.
According to the developers, one "yes" to the four quiz questions signals a problem, and more than one “yes” means that it's time for you or your loved one to get professional help.
- Have you ever felt you should cut down on your drinking?
- Have people annoyed you by criticizing your drinking?
- Have you ever felt bad or guilty about your drinking?
- Have you ever had a drink first thing in the morning to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover?”
There are many signs of a serious drinking problem. These include certain behaviours such as:
- Drinking just for getting drunk
- Drinking alone
- Keeping alcohol consumption a secret
- Drinking to escape problems
- Hiding alcohol bottles
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms like getting irritated or experiencing nervousness, nausea, getting shakes, breaking out into a cold sweat, and getting hallucinations when unable to source alcohol
- Having problems at work, school, or home, as a result of alcohol consumption
- Losing interest in activities you or your friend used to enjoy
- Having blackouts due to heavy drinking
- Anger and extreme irritation
Other extreme behaviors to watch out for are:
- Being able to drink an awful lot of alcohol
- Trouble stopping once your loved one starts drinking
- A powerful urge to drink
There is another scientific way to determine, if your loved one is an alcoholic. In the US, medical professionals commonly use a criteria, listed in the fourth edition of the ‘Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders’. According to it, the signs and symptoms of alcoholism are clearly laid down and it states that alcohol dependent people:
- Will drink more to get their desired effect from alcohol
- Experience withdrawal symptoms when the effect of alcohol wears off
- Drink larger amounts of alcohol over a longer period of time
- Will be unable to consistently control their drinking
- Will leave important work for drinking
- Will spend a lot of time during the day getting alcohol, drinking it, and recovering from hangovers.
- Continue to use alcohol, despite knowing that their chronic physical or psychological problem is caused due to alcohol.
- To be declared alcohol-dependent, your loved one must experience at least three of these criteria during a year.
However, there is still no one definite test to diagnose alcohol-use disorders. Therefore, professionals diagnose them by making use of the patient’s comprehensive medical, family, and mental-health information. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.