Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gayatri VenkatramanYour feedback matters!
Hi I have one problem I have less platelet and, also I am getting heavy blooding in my periods time.
Also try to eat protein right before going to bed. Drink some milk or eat some yogurt to fuel you through the night. This may also help you recover if you work out frequently.
Stir in protein powder to your curd, oatmeal, and other foods to add a protein and calorie boost.
2. Add calorie-dense foods to your meals. Try adding full-fat cheese to the top of your meals. Stir some peanut butter and honey into your oatmeal. These foods are high in calories and can help you increase your overall caloric intake.
Another calorie-dense food is dried fruit, such as dried apricots, figs, or raisins.
Eat complex carbohydrates, such as brown rice, bulgur, barley, whole grains, and quinoa. Avoid simple carbs like white flour, sugar and white rice.
Eat solid meals. Every day, make sure you get in at least three meals. Introduce larger portions at your meals to help increase your calories. You may have a tendency to skip breakfast, only eating 2 main meals, but making sure you actually eat three meals can help you gain weight.
If you can't eat huge meals because it upsets your stomach, eat smaller meals throughout the day. Don't skip meals.
4. Don't drink before eating. Drinking water or any beverage before eating can fill you up. You want to leave room for the calories you need to consume.
Instead of drinking water before you eat, try drinking a calorie-rich drink while eating, such as fruit juice or a smoothie.
5. Identify why you lost weight. If you are trying to gain weight back that you lost, you should first identify why you lost the weight. If you haven't seen a doctor, you should, as unexplained weight lost can point to any number of diseases, from an overactive thyroid gland to diabetes.
6. Treat the underlying disease. If a disease caused you to lose weight, treating that disease may help you gain the weight back. Talk to your doctor about an appropriate treatment for whatever plagues you, as well as what treatment would be effective to help you gain weight and what the most effective way is for you to gain weight.
Besides these natural ways you can start taking homeopathic preparations like alfa alfa and carica papaya which which help you to increase your weight.
There are certain other remeies also which help in gaining weight, those depend on individual constitution for which you have to consult a homeopath.
I am having palpitation problem since last four days. I am having irregular periods since one and a half years and my gyanae told me I am having perimenopause. Today I went to a cardiovascular and he got my ecg done which is normal. He said it could be due to PMS. I problem as I got my periods yesterday after four months. He gave me an anti depressant for a week. Plshelp.
I am suffering from low placenta in the fifth month of pregnancy having light spotting what precaution should I take.
I am 22 years old female having problem of irregular MC. Can this be a big problem in getting pregnant? Can M2 Tone help?
Hi, I had a sex on last month 30th and then my gf last period date is 1 but still not yet periods, so today we checked our pregnancy report through by doctor, so it was possitv, now we use menvo vit plus tablet for avoid pregnancy, pls suggest me asap,
I am suffering from irregular menstrual cycle and i am married since three years and I want to conceive and my weight is appx 80 above please suggest me.
It’s that time of the year again, where 'a year is ending and the new year is going to start'. All of us want to put our best foot forward in the coming year. We want a new thinner, healthier, more energetic and flexible body next year. We also want to get back to our few years old skinny jeans. So, what are the new year resolutions for 2017 that will up our health quotient substantially?
Read on for the five hottest dietary changes to take care of your health:
- Eat more Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids is good for the heart. You can get Omega-3 by eating walnuts, fish and flax seeds. Omega-3 is also good for getting help with PMS and menopause symptoms.
- Pile up on veggies: Daily recommended intake of veggies is three servings or more. How many of us reach this target? And then we complain of vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Veggies are our source for many important vitamins. So to tackle fatigue, muscle pains, low sex drive and vision problems, you can consciously eat more veggies the coming year.
- Fibre is key to health: Fibre found in veggies, fruits and whole grains is crucial for the health of the gut. Remember the adage that all diseases begin from the gut, so make fibre a part of your daily diet. Getting enough fibre will also prevent cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and a number of cancers. It will also help you slim down. Remember that the recommended daily intake of fibre is 21 to 38 grams.
- Cut down on meat: This will be of great help to your heart because you will be eliminating a huge source of saturated fats which increases LDL that causes obstructions in heart arteries. Go for more tofu, soya and white meat.
- Treat sugar as enemy no.1: We all eat too much sugar. In fact scientists are calling sugar as the most potent drug of the 21st century and with good reason. Health hazards of excess sugar consumption include excess weight gain, abdominal obesity, elevated triglycerides etc. Sugar also increases inflammation in the body and this is the cause of a number of deadly diseases. One sure-fire way to cut down on sugars is to stop eating out of packets. Yes, processed foods contain a lot of hidden sugars and fats. Nixing processed foods will up your health quotient naturally.
Start a food journal to keep track of what you eat and also convince your friends and family to join in your healthy New Year plans. This way, you will have a support system in place to keep you motivated and on the go. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.