Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. GategeonkarYour feedback matters!
Helo sir. My mother age 62 years had angiography in 2011 which shows 60% blockage in her lad. Now in 2017 I have hone for ct angiography which shows similar result .50 to 60 % blockage in proximal and 60 to 70% blockage in distal lad. Should I opt for angioplasty or resume my medicines. And one thing more should I also give ayurvedic medicine along with allopathic medicines. Please reply sir. Thnk you.
I'm 68 yrs. Old ,female (Doctor Anaesthetist) suffering from chest infection since last 4 days. Kind of Tracheobronchitis with thick tenacious sputum difficult.
I am a 42 years of male I have problems in left chest it pains. What is the cause. The problem faced in morning.
I am 47 year old man, my diastolic pressure observed since last 5 years is above 90 and sometime observed 106 as well? Now I have started medicines since last 3 months to control and it is about 88, but sometime still observed 95. What could be the reason and how to control? I diagnosed cholesterol in March 2016 9total 189, but triglyceride was 219 instead of limit 150, I am taking Tonact Tg to treat and now it is @128, shall I continue medi to control cholesterol as well?
My son is 13 years old. He is 50 KGS and 5 ft tall. He is showing low BP since aug 2016. First time when we checked on 28th Aug 16, it was 80/58. He also had cold and cough that time with slight fever. His fever, cold and cough went off, but bp did not improve. On 16th sept he again got fever, this time for the 1st time in his life he fainted early morning when he got up from bed and had just brushed his teeth. We took him to the doctor, he was tested for dengue, sugar, urine and thyroid. All his reports were normal. But bp was 99/60. With medication (argumentine and crocin) his fever went off. Then we checked his bp again on 19th sept it was 86/60, on 21th sept it was 90/60 and on 3 Oct it was 90/60 only. He has no other problem. He is generally on homeopathy treatment whenever he gets cold and cough and during fever we give him allopathy treatment with doctors concern only. Please can you suggest me what to do now for the low bp issue apart from giving him lot of fluids and juices.
I am 23 my left hand feeling weak and is there any problem related to heart attack. Am worrying a lot please help me.
My father is having asthama plus high6 cholestrol. Please guide the healthy health chart plan. So that the cholestrol becomes normal.
1. Prevents cancer: as a magnificent source of vitamin c and different cell reinforcements, tomatoes can battle the development of abnormal cells that causes cancer. Lycopene has been connected with prostate tumour prevention. Epidemiologists recommend the consumption of tomato as it helps lower the possibility of prostate cancer. High fibre content of beta-carotene in fruits and vegetables has been proven to bring down the risk of colorectal cancer to a great extent.
2. Blood pressure: low sodium consumption keeps circulatory strain solid. Tomatoes are rich in potassium that helps in the same.
3. Heart's well-being: the fibre, potassium, vitamin c and choline content in tomatoes all bolster the heart's well-being. An expansion in potassium as well as a reduction in sodium is the most essential dietary change that an individual can make to lessen their danger of cardiovascular diseases. Tomatoes additionally contain folic corrosive, which keeps the homocysteine levels under control. It reduces the risk of heart diseases.
4. Diabetes: tomatoes help bring down the blood sugar level in people with type1 diabetes. Whereas, people with type 2 diabetes may have enhanced glucose, lipids and insulin levels. One measure of cherry tomatoes gives around 2 grams of fibre and helps them keep their levels neutralized.
5. Constipation: eating foods that are high in water substance and fibre like tomatoes can help with hydration and advance normal solid discharges. Fibre adds mass to stool and is important for bowel movement.
6. Eye health: tomatoes are a rich sources of lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene, which are intense cancer prevention agents. They have been helpful in protecting the eyes against harm related to the advancement of age-related macular degeneration.
7. Skin: collagen, a fundamental part of the skin, hair, nails and connective tissue, is dependent on vitamin c. An inadequacy of vitamin c leads to certain skin problems. As vitamin c is a capable cancer prevention agent, a low intake can affect the skin and cause harm from uv rays, infections and smoke. This usually results in wrinkles, hanging skin, blemishes and other antagonistic skin diseases.
8. Pregnancy: a good amount of folic acid needs to be present before and during pregnancy to ensure the infants good health inside the mother's womb. This can be found in tomatoes.
I am 21 year old. I have irregular fast heart beating, shakiness of hand and blurred vision. These are largely appearing at afternoon before lunch. What problem does it. I have exams now. Does I need any medical test?
My mother's heartbeat suddenly increases and she is also feeling some heaviness around her chest area. Actually, her hemoglobin was 6 around one month ago and doctor advised her 7 cycles of 300 mg iron injections (3 ENCIFER or OROFER S) in 200 ml normal saline. Since then, she has had five injection cycles in hospital. The last four iron injection cycles took around 2 to 2.5 hrs per cycle but fifth injection cycle was completed in approximately one hour by nurse. Also at the time of fifth injection, the canola was fixed on her wrist (since both the hands were paining as they were used for the last four cycles) and she was also told by nurse to hold the canola so that the same could not come out (but it was not the case in the last four cycles in which the canolas were fixed on hands i.e. On back side of palm). Since the application of fifth injection cycle, she was feeling heaviness in chest and now after 5 days of application of fifth injection cycle, she is saying that the heaviness has moved slightly above chest. The phenomenon of sudden increase in her pulse rate is also taking place. Today, I measure her BLOOD PRESSURE which was 135 and 62 and pulse was 98. She takes TELMIKIND40 for blood pressure daily and thyroid tablet of 75 mg daily for thyroid. Please explain, if the heaviness or sudden increase in pulse rate may be due to the fact that the fifth injection cycle was completed within one hour as compared to the last four injections (which took at least two hour each time) or is there something related to BLOOD PRESSURE which is causing heaviness and sudden increase of pulse or there may be different reasons for sudden increase in pulse and heaviness around chest area and about her present condition (can fifth iron injection given be harmful) and also what treatment should be given. I shall be extremely thankful to you.
From last six seven months I have been closely monitoring my bp at home regularly on digital bp meter and my maximum readings are mostly around 123/75.124/70.128/80.132/80. 135/70.126/70.137/80.142/80. Etc. But whenever I visit my doctors clinic it shows around 160/90. Meanwhile two months before I have done several tests such as diabetes, thyroid,kft, lipid profile, ecg,2d echo, chest ex ray, usg pelvic, and all were perfectly normal and no abnormalities detected in any of these tests. Since then my doctor has prescribed me avacard 5 mg tab. My question is that do I really have high bp because at home on digital monitor it seems to be normal and at my doctors clinic it is around 160/80.160/90. Will I have to take bp medicines through out my life.
There are valves in the each of the four chambers of the heart. These valves make sure that blood flows in one direction only. The blood flows from the atria into the ventricles through the mitral and the tricuspid valves. The pulmonic and the aortic valves allow the blood to flow out of the ventricles. Valve problems occur when the normal functioning of the valve is impaired.
Impaired valve function leads to blood flow obstruction, which in turn can lead to stenosis of the valve. This puts lot of strain on the heart muscles, forcing it to work harder. It may also lead to the blood flowing backwards through the valve and back into the heart.
The various causes of valvular heart disease are:
- Valvular heart disease: If you are suffering from rheumatic fever, it may lead to valvular heart disease
- Congenital heart disease: Congenital heart disease refers to various defects in the heart which are present since birth. In some cases, these defects may include being born with abnormal valves.
- Heart attack: If you have suffered a heart attack, your heart muscles may be damaged or impaired.
- Cardiomyopathy: This is a genetic disorder that is characterized by an inability of the heart to pump blood efficiently.
- Age: Ageing may cause certain changes in the body that lead to valvular heart disease.
Valvular heart disease is treated by various homeopathic remedies that do not have any side effect. It takes a holistic approach to healing the body as it gets to the root of the disease. The various homeopathic remedies for valvular heart disease are:
- Cactus grandiflorus: This remedy is used in a number of heart complications such as stenosis of the valve. It helps in getting rid of the inflammation in the heart muscles, so that the heart can pump blood efficiently.
- Digitalis: Digitalis is another remedy that helps in healing the muscles of the heart by regulating the pulse.
- Kalmia latifolia: Kalmia latifolia is a homeopathic remedy that is used in treating various complications of the heart. It also helps in symptoms of rheumatic fever that may lead to valvular heart disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.