Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Garima P BijlaniYour feedback matters!
Hi. I hv a prblm in my teeth that they are yellowish in colour. Please tell me any medicine paste or any other think.
Dear Doctor, My son is 7 years old suffering from mouth ulcer since two days please suggest the medicine. He is crying. Thanks.
My teeth colour has change reddish type colour due to Pan Masala, like Rajaniganda, Kamala Pasand. Since I am using toothpaste but I didn't get better results. So what should do now?
Actually I am 18 years old my wisdom teeth is erupting and I am suffering with please advice me what to do.
Sir my sister of 20 years of age is having a very bad ulcers in mouth and also she had some rashes like thing over her legs below her knees She underwent urin test and the amount of microscopic puss cell were 30 - 35 please suggest what to do. She have fever and little vomiting tendency bjt no other UTI symptoms.
My teeth has gone brown cause I smoke and chew tobacco. Is there any instant way to get rid of them. Or may b any thing I can do to get rid of it asap.
I got a normal mouth ulcer in my lower lip and then it turned into a boil like swelling. Applied QuikKool (choline salicylate and lignocaine hydrochloride gel) and it burst and went away. Now again it is swelling. No pain. But a boil like swelling is there in the lower lip. What is the issue?
I have a huge pain in my teeth and I had done a scan also to my tooth which option will be better whether shall I do root canal or remove the teeth.
My wife is about 39 years old and suffers from mouth ulcers very frequently. She was administered Vitamins (G- Fulvin) along with mouth gel on several occasions by the doctors but the problem keeps on occurring. Is it due to some other reasons viz. Liver problems or something else, kindly suggest. She also have some gastric problems.
My friends jaw bone is big is there any method to reduce or improve the shape of face so that face looks better.
I am 22 year girl from Nagpur. I have cavity problem and bleeding problem of teeth and my teeth look yellow from inside as well as outside. please help.
Sir I have an ulcer problem in my mouth oftenly as I treated for it, its recovered bt its again comes and most of the time it remains in mouth so please give me a proper suggestion or treatment
My teeth strength is decreasing. I don't know why. Can you please suggest the diet to overcome this issue.
If you are advised to wear braces, it could be due to crooked / improperly positioned teeth which are not cosmetically pleasing or are not very efficiently chewing the food. Today, there is a big variety of braces available to correct the problems. Although all braces serve a similar purpose, but not all braces are suitable for everyone. Here, I am trying to explain some of the types of braces available, which will help you in a better understanding of braces.
- Metal braces: These braces are placed in the outer side of the teeth . A wire is then placed in the brackets which helps in realigning your teeth. This wire needs to be replaced from time to time with other wires usually the wires are replaced in 4 to 6 weeks. This type of braces are the most are the most affordable of the lot and thereby the most common choice.
- Ceramic braces: These types of braces are very similar to the metal braces in terms of functionality. The advantage of ceramic braces is that they resemble the colour of the teeth and are less noticeable. These braces are costlier than their metal counterpart and take a longer time to mount. One common complaint about these braces is that they become yellowish over time. It is therefore very important to clean your teeth properly on a daily basis.
- Lingual braces: Lingual braces mounted at the back of the teeth. As a result, these braces are hardly visible. They are typically recommended to those whose teeth are not very crooked and the amount of teeth straightening required is very less. These braces are ideal for those patients who require an orthodontic device for a long time. They require very good oral hygiene and are also expensive when compared to other braces.
- Damon braces / Self-ligating braces: Damon braces can be mounted on any patient who is fit to get for regular braces. These braces do not require any extra attachment for holding the wire in place. The wire can straight away pass through the brackets making the treatment time shorter by a good six months or so. The healing process tends to be faster with these braces and is one of the easier ones to mount onto the teeth.
They are costing almost close to the cost of the lingual braces. These details are to give you a broad overview of the types of fixed braces available. Your orthodontist will be able to discuss the pros and cons of each after analysing the changes needed and desired. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
White patches on teeth are formed due to many reasons. There are many factors contributing to this. The appearance of the white patches is just like tiny white patches or spots randomly here and there on the teeth. They look odd and may give an impression of poor health and hygiene.
The causes of white patches on the teeth
White patches are formed on the teeth for the following common reasons:
- If the teeth are ill formed during development and more calcium is released than required during the development stages, then the excess calcium gets deposited on the teeth as the white patches. You may see them as spots which many be light in color or flashy white.
- Fluorosis is another common factor, which causes the white patches. This occurs in childhood. During the developing years, if the child's teeth get an excess supply of fluorides, then the white patches develop on the teeth.
- Mineral depletion is another cause for the white patches. This happens mostly for loss of calcium. If calcium is scarce, then the small white spots are developed on teeth, and the problem is referred to as hypocalcification.
- If you had been wearing braces for years, and didn't take care of teeth around the braces, then also white spots may develop when you take off the braces.
The various ways of treating the white spots
While the damage is done due to hypocalcification in developmental stages or due to excess fluorides in the developing years can't be reversed, but the appearance can definitely be taken care of. The management is done as follows:
- Tooth bleaching is an option. The bleach brings uniformity in the teeth color and therefore, conceals the discoloration.
- Air abrasion is another process where tiny crystal particles are blown towards the patches of calcium deposits, and this depletes the calcium. The removal of excess calcium brings a balance in teeth color.
- If there are dentures or gaps formed in the teeth after removal of calcium deposits, then a filling will be done to add to the portion to bring natural color balance and smoothness.
- Tooth capping and porcelain veneer can be added or crowned on tooth so that complete concealing is done of the white spots; this is done when in no other way the visible spots can be managed.
Prevention is better than cure and therefore, practicing dental hygiene and oral care is the best way to prevent the problem. Also a periodic dental checkup has to be done in every six months.