Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Garima P BijlaniYour feedback matters!
I have problem in my teeth, I think my teeth may be affected by pyria which cause bad breath. Can you suggests any treatment for eliminate this disease.
My teeth are yellow. In the corner of the teeth thre is white and bad smelling things which is not removed very well through brushing. I have a bad breath prblm too. Whenever I brush again it start to smell after 10 min. Remedy?
What can I do for my teeth health ? Because my grand mother have no teeth in 70 but my grand father have many teeth in 80s n I became my grand father .
I am facing bad breath for a couple of days? Does it need medical attention? What can it probably be? I brush my teeth twice a day. Thanks in advance.
Three month before I did my tooth cleaning tarter was there on my three front down teeth after cleaning there was swollen on my gum I told to doctor then they gave me gumise to rub on my gums an told me to take salt water twice or thrice a day but still the swollen was not going I did my blood test it was normal .can assist me with some medicine to cure the swollen on my gums .thanks.
Sir what causes (reasons) of tongue infection (white tongue) and what kind of taken precautions to avoid the problem. So much facing pain. How to reduce this kind of problem totally. What type of food we taken? What I taken tablets and solution and tubes.
I have teeth issues they are not in lines. One front and another behind. Please tell what I have to do.
I have teeth problem my last teeth have pain I show nearest doctor he ask me this is root canal problem so please tell me what can I do ?
Below my jaw my muscles swell up it don't pain but it looks awkward can you suggest me what should be done.
Oral hygiene is important particularly for diabetics as high blood sugar levels can lead infections in the mouth. Smokers who are diabetic are at higher risk of oral infections or diseases as compared to diabetics who do not smoke.
Hello sir, I have a small lumps in inner tongue area and feel something stuck in my upper throat . Have browsed internet and worried about oral cancer I used to smoke rarely and usually maintain low oral hygiene , I don't hav any symptom of oral cancer as shown in net but it's been for two weeks now Started feeling this lumps when one day I had stomach upset.
I am 31 year old, I have undergone my molar teeth extraction, but as per doctor it is extracted partial as some part of root is still in side. Is it save or I have to consult another doctor.
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.