Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. G Su AvhadYour feedback matters!
Dear doc my problem is dat am getting gaps between teeth. I was been treated with braces for little protruding of teeth nearly 10 years ago. Now I find them moving and gaps coming and kinda paining. Wat reason could it be. Pls sugest d needful. Diet n meds. Wat foods facilitate to ve strong gums. Thank you.
My teeth is turning yellow these days. I tried Colgate visible white twice. But it didn't work. I want my teeth white as I had before. What should I do. please help me.
Sir I have white spot on my front teeth. It is so disgusting for me. Will you pls say some tips for removing my white spot. Pls gve me an immediate rply for me.
I am having Piles since long time now 4-5 months atleast, I am 6" 1 with 87 Kgs weight, I have gained 10 Kgs in last 1.5 year. I donot eat too much spicy food and occasionally eat fast food. Also, I am on Nucoxia 90 Mg for swelling which I am getting since last 3 / 4 years. I Get mouth ulcers frequently and specially when I eat Dry fruits, have too much coffee or if I eat egg regularly (2-3 times in a week). Is there any relation of Piles to the food I am taking or the medicine? I have 1.5 Ltr water everyday. Piles often occur intermittently every 3-4 days sometimes some blood is also there with faces and there is pain /difficulty during excretion atleast 2/7 times in the week. Piles are internal not external. But I am worried since its been very long since piles are there. Please suggest remedy.
Gum diseases are very common and occur in most of us at some time in life. Also known as periodontal disease, gum diseases happen to be a widespread condition in which your gums get swollen and feel irritable.
Gum disease is nothing very serious and there are several simple home remedies for a gum disease.
Here are the best home remedies which you can use to cure gum disease:
- Oil pulling: This method cures swollen and red gums and is also used in cases of reversing a gum disease, which causes bone loss. The procedure involves the pulling out of toxins out of the mouth and gums. Plaque build-up is also removed by this process. You can use organic oils such as sesame, olive oil or coconut oil. Oil pulling is an efficient remedy for gum disease.
- Sage leaf decoction: This process is an old folk remedy for curing gingivitis and gum diseases. You should boil 50 organic sage leaves in distilled water and gargle with the decoction more than two times a day. Use it as a mouthwash as well. You can also consume sage tea as another option. Sage contains antioxidants, which are anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial.
- Garlic and Turmeric paste: Using garlic cloves to treat irritated gums is effective. You can prepare a paste with garlic and turmeric and use it in the form of toothpaste. Garlic and turmeric contain antibacterial properties and are anti-inflammatory.
- Neem: Neem is a plant which can be used to treat gum diseases effectively. Neem can be used as a mouthwash or you can opt for neem toothpastes. Neem contains antifungal and antibacterial properties and is one of the best treatment options for gum disease.
- Mustard oil: Mustard oil is an old practice for curing gum disease and poor dental health. It helps in destroying bacteria present in the mouth and heals gum disease very fast. It also contains pain relieving properties and is antimicrobial and antibacterial.
- Aloe Vera gel: Aloe Vera gel is purely natural and accounts for great anti-inflammatory functions. Aloe Vera gel is used in cases of inflamed, red gums.
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables: Fresh fruits and vegetables are full of valuable nutrients, which help in keeping the teeth clean. Leafy vegetables should be consumed regularly. Consumption of plenty of fruits and vegetables also protects your teeth from the plaque buildup, and hence, gum diseases can be prevented.
Gum disease is a common dental condition. It is nothing to worry about and can be cured using several home remedies.
Homeopathy is often associated only with chronic illnesses. Another myth associated with this form of treatment is that it takes ages for the effect of the medication to be visible. However, in the case of a toothache, Homeopathy can be very relevant and can quickly ease the pain. Homeopathic treatment for toothaches addresses the underlying cause of the problem. Some of the common triggers for a toothache are tooth decay, an abscess or gum problems.
Take a look at these common Homeopathic remedies for a toothache:
- Plantago: Plantago is an efficient remedy for toothaches that is accompanied by tooth sensitivity, increased salivation and swollen cheeks. Plantage can be taken in the form of pills or applied externally on the tooth that is paining.
- Silicea: Silicea is the ideal Homeopathic remedy to treat tooth abscesses and their accompanying toothaches. It addresses the collection of pus around the root of the tooth and hence controls the pain. Silicea is also useful against toothaches that are aggravated by cold water.
- Chamomilla: If the toothache is unbearable and affects not one, but an entire row of teeth, chamomilla is what you need. It is also beneficial for toothaches that are aggravated by the intake of warm drinks.
- Hekla Lava: A toothache that is associated with a swollen jaw can be treated with Hecla Lava. This Homeopathic remedy will relieve both the pain in the tooth and the swelling of the jaw.
- Calcarea fluorica: Homeopathic medicine can be used to treat not only a toothache, but also the decaying of a tooth. Calcarea fluorica is known to slow the decay of tooth enamel. It also prevents the flaking of enamel and is has a beneficial impact on people who have enamel deficiency.
- Staphysagria: Unhealthy gums and retracted gums are common causes for tooth decay. Staphisagria is a Homeopathic remedy that can treat the drawing of tooth roots in such cases and the pain associated with them. It also addresses the formation of excessive plaque.
- Arnica: Arnica addresses the toothache and bleeding that follows a tooth extraction and the filling of dental cavities. It is also very useful against the pain and swelling of the gums that accompanies wearing false teeth.
Homeopathic remedies for toothaches offer fast pain relief. Since, Homeopathic medication has negligible side effects, it can be safely administered to both children and adults. However, a tooth ache should never be ignored so do not replace a visit to the dentist with self medicated Homeopathy.
Having pain in the upper teeth on two sides continuously and when I am taking in water the pain is much. Age 41. Sex-Male .Kindly suggest what to do ?
Your mouth is the breeding place for various bacteria. These bacteria use the sugar in food and turn them into acids. These acids then react with a tooth, gradually drilling a hole in it, which is infamously known as a tooth cavity.
You might wonder why exactly this happens. When your teeth are subjected to acid frequently, the repeated acid attacks on the enamel, the enamel starts losing its minerals. The first sign of tooth decay is when a white spot appears on the tooth. This white spot is the area from where the enamel has lost its minerals. If not taken care of from the time this early sign of decay makes an appearance, then the decay just gets more serious and the white spot will turn into a cavity.
Here are some tips to avoid tooth decay altogether:
- Use fluoride based toothpaste and mouthwash: Fluoride prevents tooth decay from maturing. It can even reverse or stop tooth decay, which is in its early stage. It also protects the tooth from further decay and replenishes the lost minerals from the enamel and prevents any further loss. It also reduces the acid making ability of the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Keep a check on food: Keep a study check on what you are eating. If you eat too much of junk food or food which contains a lot of sugar regularly, then suffering from a tooth decay is inevitable. Try to limit those foods to maybe once or twice a week.
- Brush your teeth: Brush your teeth regularly, preferably with fluoride toothpaste. Not only will the fluoride toothpaste protect your teeth, the toothbrush will also take out any food particle stuck between two teeth. Brush at least twice a day or preferably after every meal and before bed.
- Use dental floss: Clean in between your teeth with a dental floss.
- Eat cheese: Cheese contains casein which prevents tooth decay or cavity formation.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Make sure you visit your dentist regularly to keep your teeth healthy.