Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. FernandisYour feedback matters!
My body color is fair but my hand and face color is black to compare the body color my cousin body color is dark but face color is white compare to me I can not understand this different please suggest me the best skin lightening cream for my oily skin type.
Doctor, what are the cosmetics that can keep you from tanning your skin in very humid and harsh climate?
Since the summer has arrived, I want to know about a good sunscreen lotion which protect our skin from tanning and other allergies. Also can you just tell me the name of a good sunscreen lotion which is sweat and water resistant so that it will have a good effect throughout the day. Thank you.
The first thing anyone notices about you is your face and often people find themselves wishing for things like a slimmer nose, fuller lips etc. This is where facial cosmetic surgery comes in. Facial cosmetic surgery can address areas like your eyebrows, nose, cheeks, chin etc to give you the facial structure you've dreamed of.
Take a look at some of the common types of facial cosmetic procedures:
- Brow lift: Frown lines and creases that develop across the forehead, between the eyes and over the nose bridge can be addressed through this procedure. This surgery is performed mainly to combat signs of aging and involves raising eye brows that may be sagging over the eyelid.
- Eyelid surgery: Puffiness in the upper eye lids may be caused by excessive fat deposits. When combined with sagging skin, it can disturb the contours of the eye and in some cases cause vision problems. Blepharoplasty or eye lid surgery removes this excess skin and corrects fine lines, wrinkles and bags under the eyes.
- Nose: A rhinoplasty is used to reconstruct the nose. The nasal skin is separated from the tissue and cartilage structure underneath which is then reshaped as desired and then sutured together again. Rhinoplasty is of two types; open rhinoplasty and closed rhinoplasty.
- Ears: An octoplasty is a facial cosmetic surgery aimed at correcting protruding ears or large outer ears and correcting ear deformities such as a lop ear, cupped ear or shell ear and torn ear lobes. This surgery is usually performed on children between the ages of 4 to 14.
- Chin: Surgery on your chin can reshape it to make it look smaller or bigger as desired. This can be done by reshaping the jaw bone or inserting an implant. In some cases the procedure may be combined with liposuction.
- Forehead: Signs of aging on the forehead, frown lines or heavy brows triggered by stress and hereditary furrowed lines above the nose can be addressed with a forehead lift. This procedure is often performed along with a facelift or eyelid surgery.
- Facelift: As we grow older, our skin loses its elasticity. This triggers the development of wrinkles and deepens creases along the nose and cheek. Facelifts address these signs of aging by tightening skin and strengthening the muscles beneath it. Facial cosmetic surgery can also be used to correct congenital defects such as cleft lips and to treat scars.
Surgery to repair a cleft lip or cleft palate not only enhances appearances but also enhances the quality of life by improving functionality. Scar revision surgery involves the injecting or application of steroid medication to lighten the scar and make it less obvious. To treat burns that leave behind prominent scars, a procedure called Z plasty may be used. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My face is very oily and fill with pimples, also I don't use any cream on it but I want to cure this problem. What I suppose to do now?
It has been months dieseased badly. Different kind of skin diseases,always feel like itching.Please some one help me out ,rescue me from this hell
Sir, 2 months later I have started regular Jim and recently Am doing nice. Unfortunately, I have seen scare marks on my left shoulder seems like skin cuts in wave like structure. I need help how to cure these scares, so I continue Jim. Help me any medicine else creams whatever. Thanks.
Is aloe vera better to be applied on face everyday to remove chicken pox scars as I was having pox last three days.
My skin is oily. My age is 36. I want to know which cream should I use according to my age and skin. Since 2 yes I am not using creams regularly. Pls suggest me correct cream to use it daily.
I have a dark circles since last four years. So please suggest me any homemade ideas to remove dark circles.
It is human nature to want to look good and feel good. A young, smiling face that greets you in the mirror can be one of the happiest moments on a given day. However, it is not always the case. With age, the image that looks back leaves a lot to be desired. The wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, tanning spots, etc. seem to take away a lot of the beauty. However, with these concerns growing, the cosmetic industry has found out ways to mask these and keep that face in the mirror young and happy.
While earlier only celebrities could afford such treatments, now more and more people have access to simple but effective techniques to keep their youthful looks intact.
What is Botox?
It is a control use of a toxin to get desired paralysis the muscle according to three individual patient. In even extremely minor amounts, this toxin can relaxes muscles and this property of it is used to treat facial wrinkles and fine lines. This was accidentally discovered but is now one of the most widely used techniques in cosmetic surgery.
How does it work?
The nerves send messages to the muscles to contract or relax through neurotransmitters. Acetylcholine is one such neurotransmitter and sends signals to the skin from the nerves. Botox acts by preventing the release of this chemical. The result is that the muscle does not receive a signal to contract. The end result is reduced wrinkles and fine lines.
Uses: The forehead and corners of the eyes are the most common areas that are treated with Botox. The wrinkles are often lost and the skin looks younger and firmer. In addition, Botox is also medically approved for use in the following conditions.
- Blepharospasm (spasm of the eyelids)
- Lazy eye (strabismus)
- Chronic migraine and headaches
- Chronic spasms in the neck
- Overactive bladder (resulting in frequent urination)
- Spasticity resulting from stroke
- Excessive sweating
- Esophageal motility disorders
- Urinary incontinence
- Bruxism (tooth grinding)
- Crow’s feet (outer corner of the eyes)
With Botox gaining popularity, this list of indications is only set to get longer.
Precautions: This is a highly potent toxin and about 2 kg is sufficient to wipe out the entire human race. Therefore, it is very important to use this under the hands of a trained, experienced professional.
- Mild pain or redness at the injection site
- Temporary numbness
- Allergic reaction to toxin (very rare)
These are very transient and disappear over a couple of days’ time, revealing the real benefits of Botox. Set realistic expectations with your surgeon and be ready to look at a younger, happier you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic surgeon.