Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Fatema LokhandwalaYour feedback matters!
I have speaking trouble. Specosly the letter R. impossible for others to under stand what im saying. A dentist had cut my flush under the tongue.
Does scaling or cleaning of teeth to make them white by a dentist can create sensitivity or pain in my teeth.
My dad is suffering from belching, constant burps in the morning as soon as he gets up. Also, while brushing teeth, this gets aggravated and he suffers problem in brushing. Then has to take rabetor d tablets to lessen this a bit. What can be the issue? He is 64 yrs old and diabetic from 28 yrs, having heart issues from 12 yrs and gerd from 2 yrs. Gerd is not an issue throughout the day but after he eats food and in morning he gets burps. Pls help.
I have yellow coloured teeth. Could you please let me know how to get rid of that. Thanks in advance.
I am 41 year old male, sometimes it has been observed that blood comes with stool its not regular only when I ate spicy or hot things like alcohol, boiled egg, etc in excess quantity and also few drops of blood that makes the toilet water pink. And also their is a ulcers in my tongue from five years. Please suggest.
Bad breath is embarrassing. It inconveniences you and everyone around you. It affects your life in more ways than you might be aware of. It is crucial that you give due care to your oral health well in time to save difficult procedures and unbearable decay in time. Here are a few ways how you can do that:
1. Brushing Twice: This is the first and the most important. The reasons of odour in the mouth are mainly gum disease, tooth decay, and cavities. You should brush your teeth twice, once right after you wake up and just before you go to bed.
2. Tongue Cleaning and Flossing: It’s not just brushing, you need to clean your tongue too. This is the area where harmful bacteria are present. To avoid odour and mouth diseases, ensure that you have a tongue cleaner and that you clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth. Also remove the in-betweens of the teeth with a flossing thread. It ensures complete deposit free oral hygiene.
3. No to Mints: Avoid using mints and gums to disguise the odour in your breath. They are temporary disguises and do more harm than good. They have sugar which stays back in your mouth and spoils your oral health, drastically. If you have to choose ones which are free of sugar.
4. Drink Ample Water: If your mouth is dry, it is a bad sign. Saliva has the important enzymes which help kill bacteria. If your mouth is dry, bacteria are increasing. So, drink water. Ensure you drink at least eight glasses of water in a day.
5. Rinse After Every Meal: Always wash the insides of your mouth well, after eating anything, esp. chocolates and other sugary foods. A good swirl with water inside your mouth will get rid of the food lodged in corners.
6. Pick The Right Fruits: Certain fruits and vegetables are very good for oral health. Juicy and crunchy Vitamin C rich fruits like bell peppers, broccoli, berries and apple have a cleansing effect on your teeth.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
What prominent changes occur in my face apart from straight teeth after completion of braces treatment?
While having hard drinks I am feeling a bad smell coming out from inside of my oesophagus kindly describe
Oral diseases are very common. Many of the patients fail to maintain proper oral hygiene. Consequently, they develop oral diseases like ulcers, bleeding gums and stomatitis. Although these diseases are not fatal to a great extent, they cause discomfort and embarrassment in public. Bad breath, pain, swelling and bleeding in the gums are some common symptoms of these diseases.
These diseases can be cured by allopathic means. However, homeopathic treatment is safer, cheaper and effective. You don’t need to take up expensive and invasive treatments. Here are some homeopathic remedies for oral diseases like Aphthae, Ulcers, Bleeding Gums and Ulcers:
- Borax: This is useful in treating apthous inflammation of the mouth. Aphthae refers to the occurrence of small white spots and ulcers on the mucous membrane of the mouth. It is caused due to fungal infection. It can be cured by the use of Borax mixed with honey. In case the patient suffers flat ulcers, soreness and salivation, mercurius is given. In acute cases of violent inflammation, aurum is prescribed.
- Baptisia: This medicine is prescribed for treating bleeding gums. If the patient is found to have developed ulcerated gums, cracked tongue and excessively bad breath, Baptisia can be given to them. The colour of the blood oozing out should be dark red.
- Nitric Acid: It is given to patients with whitish gums, acrid saliva and experiencing prickling pain. This is also good for patients with deep bluish ulcers and swollen salivary glands.
- Mercurius Solubius: It helps in healing ulcers and cures the pain. One can consume Merc Sol 30c three times a day for 2 to 3 days. It stops the re-occurrence of ulcers.
- Arsenicum: It can be prescribed to patients with sloughing ulcers. It is given to patients suffering from livid or bluish gums. If the patient suffers from canker sores, salicylic acid can be given.
- Kerosote: If a patient finds that black blood is oozing out of his or her gums, kerosote can be given to them. This helps in clotting of the blood quickly. This is prescribed for patients with dark and crumbling teeth and putrid mouth.
- Carbo Veg: This is given to patients who suffer from bleeding gums. If the patient notices blood oozing out from the gums while brushing, white tongue and general weakness, this medicine can be prescribe. It improves the process of oxygenation of blood.
- Phosphorus: This is the medicine for pregnant women. Sometimes, pregnant women suffer from bleeding gums due to hormonal imbalance. Phosphorus helps in curing the adverse effects of pregnancy hormones on the gums and oral region.
- Calcarea Carb: It cures bleeding gums. It is given to patients, who suffer from dry tongue at night.