Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. E K Bharucha
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. E K BharuchaYour feedback matters!
Livedoid Vasculopathy (atrophied blanche) I am aditya and my age is 25 I have this problem from last 3 year but this problem is start only in raining season so I have go to Dr. but I dnt knw whr to go so please suggest me as soon as possible.
I am 45 years old, suffering to fissure in an for last 1 month. Suggest for correct medicine name please.
I am 23 years old male, due to pimples my skin became reddish and some black marks on my face. How to remove those.
Can darkcircles be cured permanently. I have darkcircles which is very dark it makes me luk ugly. I can not even meet my friends. I apply almond oil but its still so dark. I am feed up of it. Can it be cured?
Jock itch can be defined as a fungal infection affecting the skin, especially around the inner thighs, genitals, buttocks or the groin region. Also called ‘tinea cruris’, this condition triggers irritation that results from the ring-shaped red rashes that primarily affect the warm and moist regions of one’s body. This condition majorly affects people who sweat excessively, such as athletes or even people who are over-weight. Although it is often bothersome and uncomfortable, jock itch doesn’t bring about severe complications for the affected individual. Jock itch can easily be cured by keeping the groin region dry and applying topical anti-fungal medications.
The main symptoms of Jym itch include itchy and painful rashes in the buttock, inner thigh or the groin region. The rash is usually tan, red or brown in color, slightly scaly and often formed at the edges.
Putting on damp, wet or unlaundered clothing, such as athletic supporter and very tight underwear or wearing them frequently.
Sharing towels that were used by a person suffering from the same condition.
Taking showers irregularly, especially after excessive sweating or exercising.
Living in hot and humid conditions.
Wearing tight clothing.
Immune system disorders.
Anti-fungal creams or lotions can help treat ringworm of the groin. Few examples are Miconazole, Econazole, Clotrimazole and Ketoconazole. These medications should be applied twice a day for about two to four weeks.
In case the eruptions start to ooze fluids or pus, antibiotics may be administered by the doctor.
Measures to prevent recurrence of tinea cruris include weight reduction (if obese), wearing less occlusive clothing, drying thoroughly after bathing, using topical antifungal powders, laundering contaminated clothing, and treating concomitant fungal infection of nail of feet, if present.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 54 years of female. I always have burning sensation in my anus area. Food not digested property and after eating small amount, it seems the same is not digested. Foul gas, constipation etc.
Hello doctor! I am 29 year old women I have pimple marks all over my back and shoulders, my skin is very sensitive please suggest me some good remedy for it. Thanks.
I am 24 year boy. I have macula-papule rashes with redness. commonly starts at morning then it appear in thigh and lower leg. And it starts in evening it appear in forearm and palm. Then I taken cetrizine it is disappear within 20 min. Then 2-4 days it is not seen any sign then again appear. Associated with coughing and chest pain.
The cancer of the ovaries is known as ovarian cancer. In women there are two ovaries present on each side of the uterus. These ovaries are as big as an almond in size and produce egg also known as ova. They also secrete the hormones progesterone and estrogen.
Ovarian cancer goes undetected until it spreads to the abdomen and pelvis. When detected at this stage then it might be fatal and the treatment gets difficult. An early stage ovarian cancer where the cancer is restricted in the ovaries is much easier to treat with high success rates.
Risk Factors of Ovarian Cancer
1. Age - With increasing age the risk of ovarian cancer is higher and is more common in women who are 60 and above. It is less common in women below 40 years of age and develops often after menopause.
Obesity Women who have a body mass index of 30 are at a risk of developing ovarian cancer.
2. History of Reproduction - It is believed that women who conceive before 26 and carry the full term have a lower risk of ovarian cancer. However, the risk is higher in those women who get pregnant after 35 or who do not have a full term pregnancy. Also, breastfeeding the baby lowers the risk.
3. Gene Mutation - Inherited gene mutation causes some percentage of ovarian cancer. These genes are called breast cancer genes 1 and 2 (BRCA1 and BRCA2). These were initially found in cases with breast cancer but also pose great risk for ovarian cancer. Also, gene mutation leading to Lynch syndrome plays an important role in increasing the risk of ovarian cancer.
4. Family History - If a woman's mother, sister or daughter is suffering from ovarian cancer then she is at a higher risk of developing the same. The risk also increases if someone from the father&amp;#x2019;s side also has ovarian cancer.
5. Fertility Drugs - Drugs like clomiphene citrate, if used for more than a year can increase the risk of the cancer. The risk is even higher if a woman taking the drug does not get pregnant.
6. Hormone Therapy and Estrogen Therapy - Long term use and large doses of estrogen can cause an increased risk. However, if estrogen is used in combination with progesterone then the risk is less.
7. Age of menstruation and menopause - If menstruation starts before 12 and menopause occurs before 52 then there is a higher risk of getting the cancer.
8. Diet - A low fat vegetarian diet has less risk of the disease. Fresh fruit and vegetables should be included in diet along with pulses, rice, pasta, beans, cereals and breads. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.