Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Durga Karne
Submit a review for Dr. Durga KarneYour feedback matters!
Gallbladder adenocarcinoma with metastasis to liver to a person of age 56 .can it be cured. Symptoms-pain abdomen, weight loss and other general condition is Good.
Cancer can be a traumatic experience not only for the person concerned, but also for their family members and loved ones. If cancer is dreadful, surviving through the treatments, especially chemotherapy, is no less than a struggle in itself. Some people are left physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted after chemotherapy sessions.
Thus, it goes without saying that the affected person should take good care of their health. They should remember and follow few simple yet effective points before and after chemotherapy.
- Love yourself: Chemotherapy can affect your physical appearance. Do not allow this to affect you or your confidence. You are a brave person. Love yourself, be proud and confident of your body. You don't need others to tell you how beautiful you are.
- Healthy foods for a healthy you: After chemotherapy, people often lose their appetite. Even the tastiest of foods appear unpalatable to them. Skipping the meals will only deteriorate your health. Try and help yourself with small servings at regular intervals of time. Fish, eggs, dairy product (low-fat) are an excellent source of proteins and should be a part of your diet.
- A healthy dental hygiene: Chemotherapy can result in Oral Mucositis (a condition that may cause mouth sores) in some patients. Practice a good dental hygiene. Brush your teeth thrice daily. To speed up the healing process, one can rinse the mouth with a mild mouthwash or salt water (after every meal). Avoid foods that can aggravate the condition (particularly hot and spicy foods).
- Keep your body hydrated: Chemotherapy can leave the skin rough and dry. Keeping the skin hydrated is important. The benefits of water are not new to people. Drink water to keep your skin and body hydrated. Take small sips throughout the day. A well-hydrated body will help in eliminating the toxins effectively.
- Stay in shape: People often tend to put on few kilos during chemotherapy. Weight gain may not be a healthy idea during the treatment. Maintain a healthy body weight. Try and avoid foods that are high in carbohydrate and fat content. Include more of vegetables in your diet.
- Keep constipation at bay: Constipation is one of the common menaces associated with chemotherapy. While it is important to keep yourself hydrated, including fibrous foods and vegetables in your diet can also help to deal with constipation better.
- Many people complain of nausea and vomiting after chemotherapy: While the condition can be highly uncomfortable, there are ways to ease the discomfort. Try and avoid foods that are very oily or those that have a characteristic strong odor. Ginger tea, peppermint candies can be helpful. Many people also benefit from Acupressure bands. Take rest till you fell better.
- Chemotherapy can be stressful: Meditation and light to moderate walking or breathing exercise can help you relax better. Try and be as happy and cheerful as possible.
- Diarrhea is one of the side effects of chemotherapy: Severe diarrhea can dehydrate your body. Thus, drink water and other (doctor recommended) fluids frequently. It is best to avoid high-fiber foods, foods rich in potassium, or those that can irritate the digestive system (hot and spicy foods).
- Alcohol is a bane best avoided: Avoid alcohol during Chemotherapy sessions. It can have deleterious effects on the health, leading to various complications and health disorders. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an oncologist.
Hi. From last few days I am experiencing some small tumours or masses in my mouth. Which is not paining or increasing. What may be this due to?
Is smoking the only reason for any type of cancer. Does cancer happens due to deficiency of vitamin B17. What precautions should one take to avoid cancer.
Are you aware of the link between air pollution and cancer? Air pollution refers to the mixture of several harmful substances, which lead to various serious health hazards on exposure. The primary sources of air pollution are man-made, including fumes from automobiles and the smoke from burning fuels. Desert dust, radon gas, and several other natural sources of air pollution are equally dangerous. Air pollution is classified into outdoor and indoor air pollution. It is highly associated with increased risks of developing cancer. Smoking is considered to be one of the major agents, which pollute the air and increase the chances of cancer to a large extent.
Outdoor air pollution
- Outdoor air pollution is strongly linked with cancer development.
- As every person is exposed to some form of air pollution, it has a more harmful effect on the whole population across the globe as a general threat.
- A certain part of outdoor air pollution referred to as PM 2.5, or solid dust particles, are highly responsible for the development of cancer.
- The chances of cancer increase with the increase in PM 2.5 levels in the air.
Indoor air pollution
- There are several sources of indoor air pollution that are closely associated with an increased risk of cancer.
- The sources include fuels used for heating homes and for cooking, radon, and tobacco smoke.
- Second hand smoke is another harmful indoor air pollutant that causes cancer.
Second hand smoke
- Secondhand smoke increases the risk of cancer development, along with the risk of developing other diseases such as stroke and lung disease.
- A lot of people all over the world get exposed to second hand smoke.
- A lot of deaths occur due to cancer because of second hand smoke exposure which is common every year, all over the globe.
- Radon is a natural radioactive gas, which is associated with increased risks of developing lung cancer.
- It is found at low levels outdoors. It may also build in high concentrations indoors.
- Although radon exposure does not pose a huge threat for cancer, a lot of radon-associated cancers develop due to exposure to radon, along with tobacco smoke.
- This is a flammable liquid having no color and with a sweet odor.
- It is closely associated with the development of leukemia and cancers affecting other cells of the body.
- Cigarette smoking and tobacco smoke are major cancer causing elements that are found in the air commonly. Both of these are quite harmful. It is recommended that you not only quit smoking, but also keep away from passive smoking.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My mom noticed a lump in breast 1.5 years ago. She consulted a surgeon who did a FNAC .Result said that its a benign lump. Although the Dr. suggested her to visit after 6 months if the lump is not gone. She recently only visited Dr. again where she underwent FNAC again. Result said biopsy might be required. Dint get drs appointment after that. My doubt is FNAC itself is a biopsy test right then why biopsy again. Is there anything to be worried. Her lump is painful on touch and is very small in size.
I'm 17 and this is not a fraud question. My nipples become stiff and erect when they are squeezed or felt cold. This make me hard to wear thin cloths as they can be seen. How can I remove this erectness of my nipples Please.
My age is 23. Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. My question is that what are the symptoms of pituitary gland cancer?
The testes are contained in the scrotum, a pouch of skin at the base of the penis. Surrounding the testes is a thin membrane called a tunic. Running along the near of the scrotum are the epididymide long coild ducts in which the sperms mature are stored until they migrate into the ductus beferenes on their way to the tip of the penis. The spermatic cord also runs through the scrotum consists of arteries, veins nerves. Compared to other cancers of the male organs, cancer of testicles is rare but it is most common type seen in men aged 30- 38 years.
- A lump in eiher testicles.
- Any engorgement of the testicles.
- Feeling of heaviness in the scrotum.
- A dull ache in the lower abdomen or groin.
- Engorgement tenderness of the breasts.
Some infants are born with this condition. Injury to the testicles can also cause this cancer. A child born of a mother who took estrogen hormones during pregnancy or before it can have it. This type of cancer is extremely rare in blacks. Because testicular cancer occurs in an external organ, it can be detected by finding a lump by self examination. Other signs include dull pain in the groin, abdomen or flank, enlargement of male breasts like females lumps in the neck. Cat scan, lymphangiography, blood tests, biopsy can also detect such cancers. Usually testicular cancer develops in one testicle only when the eancerous testicle is removed the other testicle takes up its functios produces enough sperms to make up the loss of one testicle. Hence it does not affect strrility or sexuality. Patient can eat anything, better vegetarian, whatever suits him.