Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Durai RajYour feedback matters!
There is some problem in my nose from which I can't be able to breathe well and that side headache is there. Is this serious? What I hsve to do.
My sugar levels were ok before I started taking mango shake banana shake and bread with peanut butter as advised by my gym Trainer. I am a heart patient as well. Will it be ok know If I stop taking this.
Is it good/bad effect to take the medicine Concord-5 for high blood pressure and Atrova-10 foe lowering chlorestal for a long period. The patient is suffering from High blood pressure, High triglyceride, High chlolestal and Obesity.
My mother breathing is fast even when she is not doing any work. Also when she goes to sleep then also her breathing and heart beat is fast and after some time it, ll be normal. Please tell me what is that Problem and what I give her as a medicine.
Hi I am 36 years old male and my triglycerides is 484 and cholesterol is 250 but I am totally fit no any side effect please advice what should I do?
My mother had a minor heart attack n is undergoing dialysis was on ventilator for 3 days has cough in her chest not able to breath.
I am 23 years old female, 2 years back out of a family problem, my brother happened to slap me, and I started crying, and had breathing trouble, palpitation, and my hand and legs became numb, and whole body nerves were stiff for some time, after sometime, it got back to normal, but I was very exhausted, and my body was paining. This again happened last year, but no such incidents happened, but all of sudden, the same kind of thing happened. Why is this happening?
Doctor I feel sore throat and fast breathing usually after a hard laughter I love to laugh but it gives me a chest pain and sore throat what I do please help.
I am 34 year old and my Triglycerides count is 200 and VLDL count is 40. Is there any risk and how I lower this.
How to control high blood pressure and blood sugar in case of fat body? tell some simple home based methods.
I am suffering from palpitation want to know is ablation only option or taking medicine will cure. Also want to know is palpitation risky same as other cardiac issues. Also please let me know what to do when high heart beats occur. Thanks.
My son is 21 years old. Suddenly he feels skip of heart beat after eating. At that time he has no sweating or breathing problem, every thing is normal. But he has taken too much chocolate. Please help. Thanking you give your suggestion.
HI, Since last 5-6 days, I daily get some pain in my chest (right at the middle of chest) in couple of hrs after having my dinner. Is this problem related to digestion of dinner or there could be some major problem? Best Regards, Saurabh K S.
Hello, I am suffering from non obstructive HCMP. I am taking dilzem cd 90 bd and concor 5 od. Am I getting the right treatment?
Muscle pain due to too much houseworks. Right hand can't lift up and move freely. Can't do heavy works any more. Got 3 highs, cholesterol, sugar and blood pressure. Also got some gastric problem. Love spicy food and a bit salty food. Female, 48 years old. Kuala Lumpur.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.