Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dravid TejalYour feedback matters!
If you are in an area which has a lot of mosquitoes, any fever that is not subsiding in a couple of days is a cause for concern as it can be due to dengue. It is one of the dreadful diseases doing the rounds in the recent years and when someone complains of fever and joint pain problem, the first question we ask if they got checked for dengue. This is caused by a virus that is carried by an infected mosquito.
The blood is made up of 3 types of cells mainly that are in a liquid medium called the plasma. The red blood cells are the oxygen-carrying cells and the white blood cells fight infection and provide immunity. The third type are the platelets, they are smaller than the other two and help in blood clotting. With dengue fever, both the white blood cell count and the platelet count are decreased. Normal platelet count in the body ranges from 1.5 to 4 lacs and in patients with dengue; this can go down to as low as 20,000 to 40,000. This is because of the following:
- Dengue suppresses bone marrow, which is the platelet-producing area, leading to decreased platelet count.
- Blood cells affected by dengue virus damage platelets, leading to their drastic fall in numbers
- Antibodies produced in dengue also lead to massive destruction of platelets
Patient presents with nonspecific symptoms including a high fever that does not subside, vomiting, pain behind the eyes, headache, nausea, and severe muscular and joint pain. The eye pain and the joint pain lead to the suspicion of the dengue fever. Symptoms develop after 4 to 7 days after the bite. The fever lasts for about 5 to 7 days and is followed by a prolonged period of fatigue, joint pains, body pain, and rashes (learn more about Painful Rashes).
For the sake of confirming the diagnosis, the doctor will run some lab tests. These include testing for antibodies IgG and IgM, PCR testing to check the virus and a complete blood count. This will reveal the decrease in the white blood cells and the platelets to a significant degree. Whether or not a person requires platelet transfusion will be decided by the doctor based on the person’s age, immunity levels and severity of the disease.
There isn't a particular level below which a person would require platelet transfusion. In aged people and with people who have other chronic diseases, platelet transfusion may be required even if the blood count is about 50,000. The doctor will decide this based on the patient’s health. The right thing to do is to go for a medical consultation and discuss your situation with the doctor and identify what needs to be done for your condition specifically.
I am 25 years male person suffering from knee and other joint pains from 10 months. The level of sr. Uric acid is at 8.9. Recently from 1 month onwards I am getting a sound from my knees when I am walking and also in sleep. What can I do?
I am 52 year old. Suffering from cervical pain in neck /shoulder for last 2 month - exercise /physiotherapy /medicine not relieving though reducing to an extent.
When I get running nose does it mean I am going to get cold. What I should I do. Can I take avil tab at night. Is it must that I should go to a doctor or have antibiotic.
Sir, I am having the problem of early fall, during sex I fall very early ,after 2-3 stocks only I fall, then my penis takes more time to become hard and again it falls very early after 5-6 stocks only, sir I am very disappointed, why it is happening? Is it due to hand job? Please tell what should I do now to resolve this problem.
I'm 19 years old. I have severe head ache on last day and won't get relief from it by using pain killers. After a few hours I vomited and the head ache was gone. Please suggest me some home remedies for this.
I am 21 years old for the last 6 years I am having dark under arms I didnt bother about that since it wont get exposed. But from past 1 and1/2 year my neck ank under eyes are also getting dark I am taking bath rergularly and used so many remedies, creams, scrubs etc to control but it is not getting controlled. In internet I found that in case of diabetes it may occur too. So I have taken my test at home it has shown 190 I was shocked and unable to believe so within a minite I have taken second test this time 160 after that 138 it means my glucose level is flactuating. So I have taken a test in laboratary there before breakfast 70 and after breakfast 90. And I am over weighted too. So please guide me what to do ?
I have a sinus on my back where the gluteal clefts starts and its very painful. What it is and what I can do to get rid from it?
We are married since 8 months. But after few days my wife is not getting interest in sexual intercourse. The condition is so bad that we have it once or twice in a month. Its not that I am not good at bed, whenever we do it she is fully satisfied. But it takes her a long time to b in mood. We discussed a lot about it. But she also feels guilty whenever I want to have sex and she is not ready by mind. What should we do?
My wife is 49 years old and is having hoarse voice and can not speak clearly for last few months. Her following reports are normal1. Mri of brain. 2. Emg, ncv. 3. Digital x ray of pns, cns. 4. Endoscopy of ent. 5. Cbc. 6. Lft, kft, tsh, blood sugar. She has been cleared of any such ailment from e. N. T deptt, neurology deptt, medicine dept of aiims, delhi. Please advice about line of her treatment. She is taking vitamin k, other nerve strengthening vitamins, rich diet, doing breathing exercises, acupressure, physiotherapy vibration/blood circulation machine etc.
Infection caused in the kidneys, bladder, urethra or the ureters is known as urinary tract infection. According to doctors, women are generally more at risk of suffering from this condition than men.
Some of the causes which contribute to the development of this infection are:
- Invasion of bacteria: Like any other infection, one of the causes of urinary tract infection is the invasion of the bacteria Escherichia coli in the bladder. This type of bacteria is most commonly found in the gastrointestinal tract and is most often held responsible for urinary tract infection.
- Spreading of the bacteria from anus to urethra: The spread of the gastrointestinal bacteria from the anus to the urethra leads to the infection of the urethra thereby causing urinary tract infection.
Some of the symptoms of urinary tract infection are:
- A nagging urge to urinate: One of the most predominant symptoms of urinary tract infection is a persistent, nagging urge to urinate. You would know your urinary tract is infected when you feel the urgency to urinate extremely frequently.
- There is a burning sensation when you urinate: The symptoms of urinary infection are extremely visible and are felt intensely by the one suffering from it. If you feel a burning sensation while urinating, chances are extremely high that you are suffering from urinary tract infection.
- Red colored urine: Sometimes your urine may contain perceptible amount of blood in them. In most cases, presence of blood in urine is a definite sign of urinary tract infection.
- Foul smelled urine: An internal infection in the urinary tract manifests itself in different ways. One of the chief symptoms of this infection is discharging foul smelling urine.
- Pain in the pelvic area: Women who suffer from urinary tract infection experience excruciating pain near the pelvic area, sometimes extending to the pubic bone.