Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.GeetaYour feedback matters!
I have bad breath instead of brushing morning, evening and also use mouth wash How can I get rid of this.
My teeth has filled with yellow and black coloured layers. Is there any home remedy to cure it as fast as possible.
My friend did root canal treatment and cover with crown. She is having pain between crown filled teeth and normal teeth next to that teeth. While eating foods are stored in that gap and create paining. What to do for that.
Overall oral health consists of health of both the soft and the hard tissues in the mouth. While teeth are the hard tissues, the soft tissues include the lips, tongue, cheek, palate, and most importantly the gums. The gums or the periodontium (perio - around, dont - tooth) surrounds the tooth and provides nutritional support and structural support with its connective tissue. The gums are the unsung heroes in maintaining a healthy set of teeth.
It is common observation that dental decay is more attended to than gum disease. The symptoms associated with decay, be it discoloration, food lodgment, sensitivity, and sometimes pain are a lot more demanding.
The bad news is that the same bacteria have a harmful effect on the gums too. The good news is that gum disease also (like tooth decay), takes time to develop. The bacteria in the mouth and the plaque are the main initiators of gum disease too. It is more innocuous and not immediately attended to, sometime even gets ignored for years until it become severe and mandates treatment. Certain medical conditions like pregnancy, diabetes, stroke, etc., lead to greater severity of the gum disease.
Chronic gum or periodontal disease, if left untreated, can even lead to multiple tooth loss and require dentures much earlier than required. It is not difficult to diagnose gum disease as the symptoms are quite easy to identify, including
- Red, swollen, or painful gums: As with any infection, redness and swelling and pain are the first symptoms of gum disease too.
- Spontaneous bleeding of gums: The gums can look spongy and puffed and can sometimes bleed without even a touch
- Chronic bad breath: The bacteria are constantly acting on the food debris to produce acid, leading to a bad breath (halitosis)
- Pressure on the gums can produce pus: Cumulative infection can lead to gingival abscess
- Bad taste in the mouth: If there is an abscess, it will discharge pus into the mouth, leading to this metallic taste
- Gingival recession, where the tooth appears to have grown longer. The gum line recedes from its original place, exposing more of the tooth. This also causes greater sensitivity, especially to hot or cold foods
- Slight loosening of the teeth (in severe cases) as the fibers loosen their hold around the tooth.
- Painful chewing, it puts extra pressure on the fibers of the periodontium.
Some people are more prone for gum disease than others. The risk factors include smoking, increased
female hormones, and chronic illnesses like diabetes and cancer.
Management: Regular visits to the dentist can help identify these at an early stage and manage both progression and severity. Additionally, managing risk factors like smoking and chronic illnesses also is helpful.
A rough layer has developed on my lips. I am not able to even open my mouth wider. Its dry and has tightened my lips. Its since last 1 week. Please please help me out. I am suffering alot.
My sisters dental jaw shifting right side due to some wrong dentist treatments and she stop treatment from them now teeth are cut and very little can't eat Also dentist didn't provide caps kindly suggest what to do.
White patches in tobacco smokers or chewers are generally pre - cancerous. Quit tobacco and prevent cancer !