Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Doshi Sandesh J.
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Doshi Sandesh J.Your feedback matters!
I have hairs on side locks of my face. Is it a symptom of pcos. How would I get to know. And should I go for laser treatment. Help me out.
My eyes getting red after wake up from sleep And also feel pain sometimes and become sensitive to light This is happening from 3 weeks What should I do?
Though am using my power glass my eyes are paining often! I have checked my power and changed my glass but also paining often! What can I do now?
I am suffering from dryness of the eyes and want its cure from nature , & what would be the daily routine for reducing this dryness.
Poor eyesight restricts daily activities. If there are associated conditions like Blind spots, Blurred vision, Reduced color vision, etc., it may further deteriorate the situation. There are some conditions which may even be precursor to loss of vision. Under any of these conditions, one should get his or her eyesight evaluated by an Ophthalmologist.
Although modern science provides various treatment options, Acupuncture is also being recognized as an effective treatment option.
Acupuncture has been found to be useful in alleviating the symptoms of dry eyes and some types of optic nerve damage. Doctors are now researching on the efficacy of Acupuncture for treatment of various eye problems.
Factors that may cause Poor Vision
These are some of the commonly recognized factors for Poor Vision:
● Macular Degeneration: The area of Retina, which is responsible for sharp vision, deteriorates. This precipitates blurry vision. Even though it is mostly an age-related problem, hereditary connections can also sometime play a role.
● Diabetic Retinopathy: Diabetes can damage blood vessels that nourish the Retina. Over time, this can severely damage the eyes.
● Retinal Detachment: If the Retina gets detached from the underlying layer, it may cause total loss of vision.
● Cataracts: Clouding of a part or whole of the lens of an eye is known as Cataract. This is mostly age related and can be treated.
● Glaucoma: It damages the optic nerve. Increased internal eye pressure is considered to be responsible for such damage. If there is not enough blood flow to the optic nerve due to some blockage, it may also cause Glaucoma. If diagnosed early, drugs and surgery can help, but cannot restore vision completely.
The Role of Acupuncture in Treatment of Eye Problems
The role of Acupuncture has been studied in some of these eye disorders. It has been found to be quite effective in treating many of these.
Nonarteritic Ischemic Optic Neuropathy
Modern medicine is yet to come up with an answer for this problem. However, researchers have proved that Acupuncture is quite effective in treating this condition. As per research, Acupuncture can increase both visual acuity and light sensitivity.
A study has shown that Acupuncture may improve mid-term outcomes related to dry eye in a much better manner as compared to artificial tears that modern medicine prescribes.
Acupuncture Points for Eyes
There are some points around the Eyes, suitable for Acupuncture, which need to be pierced with needles, in order to improve eyesight. These points are:
● Inner corners of the eye
● Inner end of the eyebrows
● Middle of the eyebrow just above the pupil
● Hollow area in the outside part of eyebrows
● Outside corner of the eyes
Since most of the studies are indicative in nature and need to be further corroborated with tests, a combination of modern medicine and Acupuncture may be the best way forward. Consulting an experienced Acupuncture specialist would be a step in the right direction.