Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dopeshwarkar
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. DopeshwarkarYour feedback matters!
I am hypertensive for the past 15 years. Last three years I have fluctuation. Usually it will be 140/80 with medication. I used to travel every year for 6 to 9 months outside india. I have all routine checkup with cardialogist. My medicine is iroval300 snumelo 5 concor10mg moxovas0.2 l would like to. Know the medication is correct. I have swelling in the left leg after taking snumelo. I dont have any other complaint
My wife, sesame Saha is 43 years old. Her BP is 200/100. She take one Amlong-H a day. Please suggest her diet to reduce Blood pressure and oblige me.
Sir, I am 33 years old. I have high cholesterol, when I first time checked it was 275 .after taking medicine rosuvas10 for one month and again tested it reduced to 130. I did not take medicine and left oily items and meat milk etc and did physical exercise of one hour everyday and again tested after six months it is found again 247 .Now my question is after leaving all oily food and fatty food and doing exercise why it is not under control?
Sometime paining in my heart what is my problem my age 19 years ,weight 62 kg I am daily eating chicken.
My cholesterol is continuously high since 2 years. Above 250 also triglyceride is above 300. Please suggest remedy.
Is there any Ayurveda medicines of good company to increase good cholesterol and reduce bad cholesterol? Please suggest the name of medicine of good company.
The heart is a 4-chambered organ and acts like a pump by collecting and sending out blood from and to all parts of the body. It has blood vessels coming into it and branching out of it for this. The beauty of it though is that the blood flow is controlled to happen in one direction with a set of small valves, which are muscular tissues that close and open to allow for blood flow.
There are 4 sets of valves:
- Mitral which regulate blood flow between the two ventricles
- Tricuspid which controls blood flow between the two arteries
- Aortic which controls blood flow from the left ventricle to the aorta
- Pulmonary which ensures proper blood flow from the right ventricle to the pulmonary veins.
Problem with any of these can cause improper blood flow and lead to complications. The two common issues with these valves are stenosis and prolapse. In the first instance, the valves may not open and close fully. In the second instance, closure is affected so blood can flow back into the area of origin. While some develop later in life, others are congenital.
The most effective and definitive treatment for these would be valve replacement. Earlier, this would require open heart surgery. However, with advances in medicine, these can now be done as endoscopic procedures that are minimally invasive.
Minimally invasive techniques include:
- The aortic valve which is critical and can require replacement is now replaced using a process called transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR). A catheter or a tube is inserted via an incision in the neck or groin and then a new valve is carried through the catheter and placed in the position of the aorta.
- Video-assisted surgeries are also getting popular, where the doctor sees the entire process on a monitor and goes about replacing the valve.
- With robots gaining popularity, robot-assisted surgery is also used for valve replacements. This is believed to be a lot more precise with fewer chances of human errors.
- One point to note though is that not everybody is a candidate for minimally invasive valve surgery. It is recommended to seek a second opinion before going for a valve replacement surgery. The key deciding factor would be which procedure would ensure definitive treatment of the valvular problem in the patient.
- No major scarring or wound on the chest
- Reduced chances of infection
- Shorter hospital stay
- Shorter postop recovery
- Reduced blood loss
- Overall health status
- Type of problem
- The severity of the problem
- Comorbid factors (lifestyle and other diseases)