Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dipti Nashikkar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dipti NashikkarYour feedback matters!
Hi sir, This is vikas from Hyderabad, actually I need to ask about my pennis. I am not satisfied with actually I had. Need to enlarge it. Is it possible with medications if its possible after that there will be no other side effects.
I have gone through my regular blood test and found that my cholesterol is high whereas 25 OH Vitamin-D is very low only 4.8. I am pure vegetarian and also facing pains in my knee. Please suggest diet and supplements.
I was having problem of irregular periods. My doctor prescribed me premolut-N 3 tablets a day for 5 days then to continue with krimson 35. But after taking 5 days of premolut n still did not got periods.
Sir, My height is 5'5" and weight is 83 kg. I have no problem. What should I do for better health so that in future age I will be healthy.
I'm facing constipation problem after my delivery. What should I do for that? And what is the reason behind this?
I want to lose weight. My age is 25. I doing exercise regularly but no result. Can you provide your guidance.
Eating fish is important for a balanced diet, and mackerel fish are some of the most widely available and healthiest fish around. However, before you add mackerel to your weekly diet, it is important to know where they come from and what potential health benefits they hold, as well as possible side effects.
What is mackerel fish?
- Mackerel fish is actually a general term that encompasses more than 30 species of fish, most of which belong to the scombridae. In many parts of the world, mackerel fish are known as bangada. These fish are typically found near coastal areas, where they breed and feed, and their range includes both tropical and temperate regions. Mackerel fish are usually found in large schools, which makes them an easy target for commercial fishermen, making mackerel one of the most common fish on the menu, particularly in north america. Ranging from 20 cm to 200 cm, the varieties of mackerel fish have varying physical characteristics, but they offer similar flavor and a relatively aligned nutrient profile.
- Most notably, mackerel species are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, as well as huge levels of vitamin b12 (nearly 700% of your daily requirement), selenium, copper, phosphorus, magnesium, and iron. There are also smaller amounts of vitamin a, potassium, zinc and sodium. Along with 230 calories per filet – an average of 100 grams – there are also 21 grams of protein, representing roughly 40% of your daily required intake.
- Due to this impressive nutrient profile, and the different ways to prepare mackerel, it remains one of the most popular and readily consumed fish in the world.
Health benefits of mackerel fish
The health benefits of mackerel fish include improving hair health, protecting the skin, strengthening the immune system, lowering cholesterol levels, preventing chronic disease and boosting bone health, among others.
1. Skin care
With ample amounts of omega-3 fatty acids and selenium, mackerel fish can take care of all your skin care needs. These substances both act as antioxidants within the body, helping to reduce oxidative stress and the effects of free radicals, which are the natural byproducts of cellular metabolism. They can also help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and age spots and relieve certain inflammatory conditions, such as psoriasis and eczema.
2. Hair care
There are many nutrients that are critical to hair care, such as protein, iron, zinc, and omega-3 fatty acids, all of which are found in mackerel fish. A regular dose of these nutrients in your diet will help to improve the luster and look of your hair, while also strengthening the hair strands and reducing the effects of scalp conditions, such as dandruff.
3. Boost immunity
Despite having a low level of vitamin c, mackerel fish are still praised for their effects on the immune system. Coenzyme q10 is one of the unique elements in mackerel fish that is closely associated with preventing infections and strengthening the body’s defense against oxidative stress. Omega-3 fatty acids are also known to reduce inflammation, which can put unnecessary strain on the immune system.
￼4. Lower cholesterol levels
With an impressive level of omega-3 fatty acids, mackerel fish is known to improve cholesterol balance in the body by lowering ldl cholesterol and increasing hdl cholesterol levels. This will reduce the amount of cholesterol that is oxidized and deposited in the arteries as plaque, so this fish is known to lower your risk of atherosclerosis, heart attack, stroke and coronary heart disease.
5. Treat chronic disease
The antioxidant effects of mackerel fish are well studied, primarily due to the huge level of selenium – more than 80% of your daily requirement per serving. Selenium functionsas an antioxidant in the body, helping to prevent cellular mutation and chronic disease by neutralizing free radicals before they can damage tissues, cells, and organ systems.
6. Improve bone mineral density
There are varying ;levels of many minerals in mackerel fish, including copper, selenium, magnesium, manganese, calcium, and iron, all of which are linked in some way to bone density. By regularly consuming this fish variety, you can prevent the onset of osteoporosis, keeping you feeling youthful and strong as you age.
7. Improve cognition
The high levels of omega-3 fatty acids found in mackerel, particularly dha, mean an improved cognitive function and a lower risk of neurodegenerative disease. The anti-inflammatory properties of these compounds will reduce the plaque buildup that often precedes symptoms of alzheimer’s and parkinson’s disease.
8. Weight loss
Although mackerel fish do possess a high level of calories – nearly 250 per filet – they also provide a huge amount of protein, which can help to stimulate the metabolism. High-protein foods are also notoriously filling, which can help prevent overeating, keeping you within your calorie limitations for the day.
9. Control diabetes
Monounsaturated fatty acids, like those present in mackerel, have been linked in research to more regulation of blood sugar and insulin resistance in the body. This is anexcellent news for diabetics and those at high risk of diabetes, as it can keep your glucose levels in check, in addition to the many other health benefits of this fish.
Ringworm is a skin condition that is caused by certain kinds of fungi. It causes severe itching and is mainly found around the scalp and feet. This contagious skin condition can also occur as athlete's foot. The symptoms include red, itchy and scaly patches on the affected areas. These patches may also develop blisters and develop crusted red edges, giving it the appearance of a ring. These patches are usually raised or defined. There are many myths and facts surrounding ringworm. Let us find out more about them.
- Causes: It is a common myth that this skin condition is caused by a worm. This is not true. This fungal skin infection is caused by fungi known as dermatophytes, which can cause a crusty and red patch on the skin. Ringworm is actually the name given to a class of skin ailments and infections caused on the scalp, feet and other parts of the body.
- Treatment: Another common myth is that this skin infection will clear up on its own. This is not true either. One will have to start treatment of the condition with the help of proper diagnosis, which can be done by a skin specialist or dermatologist. Not treating this condition on time with topical ointments can lead to a spread of the condition where it can affect other parts of the body. This condition can also lead to other symptoms like hair loss. It can also become a permanent issue if not treated on time and with proper medical intervention.
- Over the Counter Medication: Many people think that using over the counter antifungal creams can help in treating this condition effectively. This is part myth and part fact. One will have to visit the doctor in case the condition does not clear up on time with the use of such topical ointments. The creams should typically be prescribed by a skin specialist after due diagnosis of the problem so that it suits your individual symptoms and condition. Further, these creams should usually be prescribed for a period of at least four to six weeks so that the treatment is effective.
- Contagious: It is a myth that ringworm is not a contagious skin disease. The fact is that this skin ailment is a highly contagious one, that can happen even when there is contact with an infected animal. There are 50% chances of contracting this condition with mere touch that can happen with an infected animal or person.
- Barber's Itch: This is not a form of lice, as many people believe. This is a form of ringworm that can be found in the beard with symptoms like itching as well as swelling.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.