Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dipali Patel
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dipali PatelYour feedback matters!
I took I pill on first week of February and after some days I got my period on 9th February. Again took ipill on 24th February within 72 hours of unprotected sex. But till today after 15 days of taking the pill I haven't got my period yet. What does it mean? Am I pregnant? Help please. And we are having unprotected sex these days after taking the pill. Is it fine? I don't want to get pregnant now. We are doing so because once a doctor suggested that unprotected sex after taking ipill till I get periods doesn't lead to pregnancy. Help please.
Stay away from direct sunlight. Exposure to too much sunlight can be harmful to the skin. You probably already know that it can cause skin cancer, but did you know that it can exacerbate acne.
I'm 5 weeks pregnant And I have mild abdomen pain for 2 sec And I have White discharge Is this a problem or normal?
I am 51 years old female. Details of my Histopathology Report is as below. Specimen: D & C SPECIMEN GROSS SPECIMEN: FEW TINY FRAGMENTS TOGETHER MEASURING 0.8 CM MICROSCOPY- SHOWS SECTION FROM ENDOMETRIAL TISSUE WITH ARCHITECTURAL ALTERATIONS IN GLANDS OF VARIOUS SIZES PRODUCING IRREGULARITY IN GLAND SHAPE WITH CYSTIC CHANGES. THE EPITHELIAL GROWTH PATTERN AND CYTOLOGY ARE SIMILAR TO PROLIFERATIVE ENDOMETRIUM. THE STORMA BETWEEN GLANDS IS MILDLY INCREASED. IMPRESSION: CONSISTENT WITH CYSTIC HYPERPLASIA ENDOMETRIUM. Doctor can you please advice me detail regarding above report. Also advice me the medicines to be taken.
I am 28 years old female got married two years back & trying to conceive since then but even trying from 2 years I am not conceiving. Me & my husband's all test are normal. Please suggest me how this problem can be solved.
6th week of pregnancy after IVF. Hv been taking progesterone inj on buttocks. Hv to take ten more days. Hard lump on inj area causing severe pain. Any Remedy?
Hello doctors, First of all I am 23 years old and my girl is 22 years old. Since from last few days she is not feeling good. For information We have had sex 2 month ago she got her last month period on time and normal i.e of 4 days. Now it 16 days passed to her last period and she says she has leg cramps, earlier the cramps were severe but now its mild according to her. This leg cramp is from last 25 days. She feels weakness too. Last day she vomited only once. We visited a nearby doctor's clinic and the doctor suggested 4 medicines. 1. Hifenac-p 2. Elmocef 200 DT 3. Zetlog 150 4. B complex capsules After taking these medicine on time the pain is now milder. For information she is not having any type of stomach pain neither fever. Doctor suggest to stop eating junk food and drinking chilled water. Now My Question is Is these symptoms are of PREGNANCY? Or something else? And please suggest some leg cramp treatment.
Cardiomyopathy is a heart muscle disease that makes it difficult for your heart to supply blood to the rest of the body. This disease affects the heart’s size, shape and structure, hence resulting in heart failure. Some of the common types of cardiomyopathies are
The disease is generally inherited and some family members might get more affected than others, while others may not suffer at all or come across any symptoms.
Early stages of the disease may not see any symptom but with the advancement of the condition, certain signs and symptoms tend to appear, which are mentioned below as follows:
- There might be breathlessness due to exertion or even when your body is at rest.
- You might notice symptoms as in swelling of the legs, ankles and feet.
- Excess fluid gets accumulated which leads to bloating of the abdomen.
- You might start to cough while lying down.
- Rapid, fluttering heartbeats.
- You might face discomfort in the chest.
- A tinge of dizziness might be felt or you might also faint from time to time.
- These signs and symptoms worsen over time, if left untreated.
Causes of Cardiomyopathy
The actual cause behind cardiomyopathy is not known. People might acquire this disease from another condition or some may inherit from one of his or her parents. Factors which lead to acquiring of cardiomyopathy are:
- Suffering from high blood pressure for a long time.
- Heart attack which leads to damaging of the heart tissue.
- Rapid heartbeat rate.
- Certain metabolic disorders like obesity, diabetes or thyroid problem.
- Deficiency of essential nutrients like vitamins and minerals, like thiamine.
- Complications while conceiving a baby.
- Consuming too much alcohol for a long period of time.
- Use of cocaine or anabolic steroids also results in causing cardiomyopathy.
- Drugs while undergoing chemotherapy and radiation therapy to treat cancer could also lead to the problem of cardiomyopathy.
- Certain kinds of infections, especially the ones which lead to inflammation of the heart can also this problem.
- Any disorder which might allow the abnormal proteins to build up.
- Sarcoidosis, which is a condition that causes inflammation and can lead to the growth of lumps of cells in the heart and other organs.
Treatment for Cardiomyopathy
The treatment for this particular disease mainly aims to manage the signs and symptoms, acts a preventive measure from letting the condition go from bad to worse and also reduce the risk of complications. Treatment procedures vary as per the type of cardiomyopathy:
- Medications: Medications prescribed by doctors generally aim to improve the heart’s ability to pump, which in turn would improve blood flow, lower down the level of blood pressure, remove excess fluid from the body and also prevent blood clots from forming.
- Surgically Implanted Devices: Doctors might look to place in the heart several types of devices and help the heart to improve it’s working condition, thus relieving symptoms. The devices generally implanted are, Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator (ICD), Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) and Pacemaker.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!