Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dipali Patel
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dipali PatelYour feedback matters!
Hi, I had a cyst in ovary for which I take medicine for 6 month and it get resolved checked by ultrasound. NOw after stopping med last month I get periods after 32 days fro 3 days bt during current month I get it in 26 days and only from 1.5 day. Could you please tell me the problem why this happens?
My weight is 82 kg. I have PCOD. I am not having my periods. For the last three months. My doctor gave me a medicine for five days course. After taking that I still do not have my periods. I have protectected sex with my boyfriend in january. After that I have my periods. For the next two months. One without medication. And the other with medication. And now I am not having my periods. Am very scared very much. My bf make me have I pill within 24 hrs of sex. Please help anyone.
Hi my period is 5 days late but I'm getting little brown blood when I swiip with tissue did I'm pregnant.
Having very less menstrual flow from 2months. Now flow is for two days only after one day of intercourse.
My periods are missed last time the date when periods are gone in 9 October 2016 but today is 28 Nov still my periods has not come. I have check for the pregnancy two time result is negative please suggest me.
Cochlear implant is a medical device that provides direct electrical stimulation to the hearing nerve in the inner ear. Children and adults with a severe hearing loss may be helped with cochlear implants. A cochlear implant is a prosthetic substitute directly stimulating the cochlea and it does not cure deafness or hearing impairment.
- A cochlear implant completely by-passes the normal hearing mechanism and stimulates the auditory nerve directly by means of an internally implanted electrode assembly. The implant consists of an external portion that located behind the ear and an interior portion which is surgically implanted under the skin. An implant has a microphone, a speech processor, a transmitter and an electrode array. The sound from the environment is picked by microphone and transmitter and receiver/stimulator sends them to speech processor to convert them into electric impulses. The speech processor placed with the microphone behind the ear, or it is a small box-like unit worn in a chest pocket. The speech processor digitizes the sound signals and sends them to a transmitter just behind the ear. The electrode array collects the impulses from the stimulator and sends those to different regions of the auditory nerve. The electrodes stimulate the fibers of the auditory nerve, and sound sensations are perceived.
- A cochlear implant is very different from a hearing aid. Hearing aids amplify sounds so that they can be detected by damaged ears. Cochlear implants bypass damaged portions of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. Hearing via a cochlear implant is different from normal hearing and takes time to adjust. However, it enables many people to understand other sounds in the environment, recognize warning signals, , and understand speech in person or over the telephone.
- The benefits from a cochlear implant depend on many factors, such as the age of the patient when he or she receives the implant, the hearing loss present pre or post patient developed language skills and finally the motivation of the patient and family support
- Once a person is referred for cochlear implant, more testing is done which includes audio logic testing, psychological testing, medical examination, and tests performed by the surgeon. It is done to ensure that the candidate will benefit from a cochlear implant and will have the motivation to participate in the process. Once the decision is made to go ahead, the surgery is done. Sometimes it involves an overnight stay in the clinic, and sometimes it is done on an outpatient basis. Six weeks post-surgery, patient is fitted with the external microphone and speech processor and implant is activated and programmed.
- The best candidates are those having severe hearing loss in both ears, limited benefit from hearing aids, medical condition that makes surgery risky. Children can be considered for cochlear implants if they have the similar conditions as adults and in addition have support from their educational institutions to development of auditory skills.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Every person with diabetes, should get their retina (the film at the back of the eye) checked once a year. This is irrespective of whether you think your diabetes is 'mild' or 'under control', as even newly diagnosed diabetics can have retinal changes (diabetic retinopathy). You will not notice any changes in your vision until the condition is advanced. If diagnosed early, this can be treated without significant damage to your vision. So, it is important to make an annual retinal check a routine part of your life if you have diabetes. Examination is done after putting in drops to dilate your pupils and is ideally accompanied by photographing the back of your eye to document any changes, so any progression can be monitored and treated early if required.