Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dipak Kolte
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dipak KolteYour feedback matters!
I dnt know what medicine doctor giving, he gives the medicine in small boxes, it shows how many drops should dilute in 1/4 water, three times per day. Please doctor why the bleed did not stopped it whether this is good for her ovary or not Please, we did not have child notyet I am 28 & my wife 25.
Healing benefits of saffron
The benefits and medicinal properties of this highly priced spice, make it a valuable culinary ingredient worldwide. Modern research suggests that saffron can be used as an aphrodisiac, diaphoretic [to cause sweating], carminative [ to prevent gas] and to bring on mensuration. Some other benefits are mentioned hereunder:
1. Protects against cancer: saffron contains a dark orange, water soluble carotene called crocin, which is responsible for much of saffron's golden color. Crocin has been found to trigger apoptosis [ programmed cell death] in a number of different types of human cancer cells, leukemia, ovarian carcinoma, colon adenocarcinoma, and soft tissue sarcoma. Researchers in mexico who have been studying saffron extract have discovered that saffron and its active components display an ability to inhibit human malignant cells. Not only does the spice inhibit cells that have become cancerous, but it has no such effect on normal cells and actually stimulates their formation and that of lymphocytes [immune cells that help destroy cancer cells].
2. Promotes learning and memory retention: recent studies have also demonstrated that saffron extract, specifically its crocin, is useful in the treatment of age related mental impairment. In japan, saffron is encapsulated and used in the treatment of parkinson’s disease, memory loss and inflammation.
3. In delayed puberty: in under developed girls, saffron has an overall stimulant effect. A pinch of saffron crushed in a table spoon of milk is useful to stimulate hormones and bring about desired effect.
4. To increase vitality: in low libido saffron aids as a sexual stimulant and can be consumed in a dose of a pinch in a glass of milk at bed time.
6. Protection against cold: saffron is a stimulant tonic and very effective to treat cold and fever; saffron mixed in milk and applied over the forehead quickly relieves cold.
7. Food additives: saffron is an excellent replacement for synthetic food additives- for eg: instead of fd and c yellow no 5: a synthetic food coloring agent that is a very common allergy trigger, saffron’s glorious yellow could be an acceptable hypoallergenic choice.
With these benefits known to us, this culinary treasure has to be used and especially in the winter months. Here are some serving ideas:
1. For a wonderful marinade for fish, add saffron threads, garlic and thyme to vinegar.
2. Use saffron to give cakes, pastries and cookies a buttery golden hue and a rich aroma.
3. Cook biryanis with saffron combined with cloves, cinnamon, indian bay leaves and nutmeg for a memorable treat.
4. Crush a tiny piece of saffron into a glass of champagne or sparkling apple cider and turn the drink into a golden elixir.
5. Coffee spiced with saffron and cardamom is a soothing and heart healthy drink.
6. Add saffron and cinnamon to whole milk or yogurt and honey for a simple version of the famous indian yogurt drink, lassi.
Saffron as a spice, is generally regarded as safe, however it is not recommended during pregnancy and nursing. It also must also be pointed that large doses i. E. More than 1 or 2 table spoons can be toxic, although saffron poisoning is very rare.
My last period was on 23 Feb and I have taken home pregnancy test and it is negative. My doc advised to take Deviry tab twice a day for week. And after taking it I started my period today. Now if I want to try for baby how should I know my ovulation cycle.
Folic acid is an important form of vitamin B, which women must take during pregnancy. It is a form of man-made vitamin B known as folate. Folate plays a significant role in producing red blood cells and helps in the development of your baby’s neural tube into the brain and spinal cord, preventing any kind of birth defects in your baby. Birth defects of the brain or spinal cord may occur in early stages of pregnancy.
Therefore, by the time a woman discovers her pregnancy, it may become too late to prevent the defects.
How much folic acid should be taken?
A woman should start taking folic acid within the first three to four weeks of pregnancy, as birth defects may occur during this time. Women who start taking folic acid a year before getting pregnant produce healthy babies without birth defects.
400 mcg of folic acid is the recommended dose for all women who are of childbearing age and also in the first trimester of pregnancy. Multivitamins with the recommended amount of folate and folic acid supplements are generally prescribed as they help the mother deliver a healthy child. From the fourth to ninth month of pregnancy, the dose must be increased to 600 mcg.
Benefits of folic acid
Without sufficient folic acid in your body, the neural tube of your developing baby may not close properly. This may lead to neural tube defects, which include:
1. Spina bifida, a condition where the spinal cord or vertebrae develop incompletely. A baby with spina bifida may be disabled permanently.
2. Anencephaly, a condition that features incomplete development of the brain. Babies affected with anencephaly do not live long.
Having a sufficient supply of folic acid prevents these neural defects from developing in your baby.
Taking folic acid before and during pregnancy protects your baby against many other conditions. They include:
1. Cleft lip and palate
2. Low weight during birth
3. Chances of miscarriage
4. Premature birth
Folic acid also reduces the risk of developing pregnancy complications in the mother such as heart diseases, stroke, several cancers and Alzheimer’s disease. Folic acid is naturally found in dark-green vegetables, which you must consume in abundance. Other sources of folic acid include fortified breakfast cereals, beef liver, lentils, egg noodles and great northern beans. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Polycystic ovary disease or PCOD is a variant of hormonal disorder which is known to affect 1 out of 10 women. PCOD is a condition in which a woman has numerous small cysts in the ovaries. It can lead to unregulated hormonal cycle and may also trigger high blood pressure, diabetes, acne, infertility and growth of hair on the cheek, chin and chest.
How may PCOD be helped with diet?
Though there is no way to reverse the effects of PCOD, it can be managed with adequate exercise and well-regulated diet. So, if you are disturbed by the effects of PCOD, you can try these tips to help your situation.
Eat more fruits and vegetables: Many health experts are of the opinion that fruits and vegetables can eliminate toxins from the body. You should also avoid dairy-based products as they can trigger insulin levels aggravating acne and other skin problems.
- Eat lean meat but stay away from red meat: In 2013, a study reported that consuming red meat can increase the risk of infertility and therefore, you must try to avoid it. You must also limit the consumption of sugary foods and drinks.
- Stay away from saturated and hydrogenated fats: Saturated fats are available naturally in some foods such as pork, lamb, beef, cheese etc. and they can cause a hike in your cholesterol and blood sugar levels. It is therefore suggested to check the labels of food products to make sure that the baked foods you are consuming are free from saturated and hydrogenated fats.
- Pick a food with low glycemic index: Women who are suffering from PCOD suffer from insulin resistance and as a result, should consume the foods that are meant for diabetics. So your foods should be rich in fibre content with a limited amount of carbohydrates and processed foods. Foods made of whole wheat and whole grain should be avoided. You can eat brown rice, wheat pasta and poha made of brown rice.
- Drink lots of water: Women suffering from PCOD can experience water retention. So, you should eat small and frequent meals along with a lot of water all through the day.
Besides following all these tips, it is crucial to workout for about 30 to 60 minutes in a day for reducing your insulin resistance, which may make you overweight and even obese. This, in turn, would cause irregularity of hormonal levels and host a lot of other problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!