Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dinesh Patil
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Dinesh PatilYour feedback matters!
What should the diet be for gouty arthritis Is lemon and citrus fruit good for him. What medicine should he take for pain
I cannot find out what I really want in my life. Got into depression and unmotivated. Still no job since I completed my Master degree 2 years back. Now I am 28 years. Some I feel hopeless. What should I do so that I can get what I want? The job and lead a more productive life.
I am 28 years old man. My weight is 82. please help me for losing my weight and my feet also gives very pain and when i am walk 1 km my heartbeat beating very fast. please tell me solution.
I want to use electric massager for my back pain. Will it be benificial. If yes give me the name of company
When the density of the bone decreases, it is known as osteoporosis. The bones also start to get weak and fragile and their strength decreases. It causes the bones to become porous, more like a sponge. This can also lead to frequent fractures in the bone. Here are some of the factors that might increase your risk of getting osteoporosis:
- Thin and small body frame
- Family history of osteoporosis
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Lack of exercise
- Calcium deficiency
- Poor nutrition
- Lack of certain vitamins
- Bowel diseases
- Low estrogen in women
- Low testosterone in men
- Chemotherapy because of the toxic effect it has on the ovaries
- Menstrual cycle complications in women
- Chronic swelling due to rheumatoid arthritis or any liver disease.
Osteoporosis can be treated in a number of ways. The main goal is to prevent the bones from getting fractured or becoming weaker. Timely treatment can surely decrease the risk of fractures in the future. It is very difficult to completely cure or rebuild the bones however one can easily prevent it from happening further. Following are some of the treatments that can help in preventing osteoporosis and make a person fit to a certain extent:
- Changes in the lifestyle of a person are very important. These include, not smoking and refraining from alcohol consumption.it is very important for a person with osteoporosis to exercise regularly and take a healthy and balanced diet.
- A good amount of Vitamin D and calcium is required in the body. These can be consumed straight from certain foods or in the form of supplements.
- Medicines like alendronate, calcitonin, ibandronate and relaxofine can turn out to be extremely helpful if other conventional home cures do not pan out well.
- Exercising has a huge impact on the bones. It helps strengthen the muscles that support the bones in your body. Although exercise cannot bring back the bone’s density, however, it decreases your risk of falling since it improves the muscle balance.
What type of exercise might be best for osteoporosis has not been determined yet, however, your physiotherapist can help by assigning you certain exercises that can help you with your problem. Be careful of what you eat and drink and what activities you do. If you are sure that your muscles are too weak for you to be playing any kind of sport that might make it easier for you to get injured, you need to avoid them.
Consult a doctor to chalk out a good diet plan and an exercise or workout routine that is neither too exhausting nor very lenient. Other forms of therapy like yoga and stretching or even pilates if you are flexible enough, are great ways to treat osteoporosis. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!