Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dindorkar KaustubhYour feedback matters!
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
I am 77 years old having diagnosed with parkinsons. It is two years since hand tremor started. Neurologist prescribed ropark (ropinirole) 2 mg, rasalect (rasagiline) 0.5 mg (both after breakfast) and betacap (proponolol) 0.5 mg (morning and after supper) further tests show hypothyroidism and two months after having medication tests show normal. No investigation was done to ascertain as to why thyroid is under performing. I have lost a lot of weight too. I would appreciate your reply to all my points
My son aged fall down from bed reversely just now he is 16 month old, there is a small injury on head will it be issue?
Hello doctor my mother has burning sensation on both her feet with numbness (she feels something between her feet and the ground, what medication you'll recommend?
I am suffering from migraine problem. But I am having relief now. But at the time of wake up. I feel some sought of slight pain like feeling in forehead. What to do Sir?
Maintaining good oral hygiene has now become all the more important. A new study has linked the cause of migraines to be a specific type of bacteria present in mouth and gut. People complaining of splitting headaches is fairly common place nowadays. Statistics in india show that nearly one third indian women and one fifth of indian men suffer from this type of headache.
Symptoms of migraine include:
Moderate to severe pain that affects the whole head or may shift to one side
Increased sensitivity to light, sound and pungent odour
Blurring of vision
Nausea and/or vomiting
Seeing dark spots in front of eyes
There are three different types of headaches- severe headache, cluster headache and migraine.
Headache is simply unpleasant pain in the head region of varying intensity. Cluster headache is intense one sided headache with tearing in the eye of the side of the pain. Migraines are moderate to severe pain in the head, usually diffuse and presents along with the above stated symptoms.
Causes of migraine:
Knowing what causes migraine can help avoid it. Common causes that affect different people are as follows:
Hormonal changes and supplements
Over use of contraceptive pills
Sleeping in small closed rooms with inadequate ventilation
Overuse of mosquito repellent
Bad oral hygiene
Overuse of pain killers
Food that triggers migraine:
Many people experience migraine because of different food items. Identify your trigger and then try hard to avoid it.
Processed and canned meat products
Onions, potatoes, spinach, and over eating of rice
Since many years now, nitrate medicines have been used to maintain cardiovascular health and previous research has revealed that heart patients who were given medications containing nitrates routinely complained of headaches. The migraineurs had high nitrate levels, but the actual connection to link the two had not been established until now.
Researchers at the university of california-san diego investigated this further to identify the connection between what the migraineurs eat that alters their experience with migraines. Bacterial sequencing was done on the 172 participants of samples collected from their mouth and gut. Tests showed an abundance of nitrate reducing bacteria in their faecal samples, but even more in their mouth bacteria.
The study published in the journal msystems has identified the link between oral bacteria and migraine, but it is still not evident whether these bacteria are the cause or a result of migraine. But even then it is best to stay safe from our side by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and a good oral hygiene. Migraine is often neglected by the patients and hence becomes difficult to treat. Identify the above triggers and causes of migraine and consult a physician if you have any of them.
I am 31 years male. I urinate properly but at end of urinating when I apply some pressure some urine come out. H/O multiple sclerosis since 2009. My stream is also gud.
I am a college student. For a quite sometime say for the last two month or so, he feels that the veins of his brain be blast and he will die. This feeling disturb him mostly at night. He goes to college regularly, do all the works normally, but this feeling disturb him badly. Please help.
The most powerful and amazing organ in our body is the brain. It differs from many other organs of our body not only by its shape, but also by its special type of cell called neurons. When these cells gets affected or dead it can never be reverted or regenerated which is the most exclusive nature found only in brain cells. The cells in other parts of our body has the capacity to regenerate (can be replaced or new one can be grown or produced), but brain cells are exception. Hence any damage to the brain, injury or trauma is really a crucial thing to be considered with utmost care.
Brain surgeries really need skill, proper training, confidence and intelligence to perform this highly complicated and risky surgery.
Brain surgeries are performed to:
- Remove the brain tissues that are grown abnormally
- Aneurysm is clipped to prevent flow of blood cliff off an aneurysm
- Biopsy purpose or to remove the tumour
- Make a nerve free
- Drain the abnormal blood or clot collection or to drain any excessive fluid collection caused by infection.
- To implant artificial electronic device as a treatment for conditions like Parkinson’s disease
- Biopsy: A part of brain tissue is removed for the brain or whole tumour is removed.
- Craniotomy: The skull bone is opened to remove tumour, an aneurysm and drain fluid or blood from infection.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: Endoscopic devices are inserted through the nose to remove the lesions or tumour.
- Minimally invasive neuroendoscopy: Similar to endonasal surgery but small incision is made.
- Anaesthesia risks like breathing difficulty, allergic reaction to medications, excessive bleeding or clots and infection.
- Risk related to the brain surgeries are seizures, coma, swelling of brain, infection to brain or meanings, surgical wound infection that intrudes to the brain structures, abnormal clot formation and bleeding.
- General risks include muscle weakness, disturbances in memory, speech, vision, coordination, balance and other functions that are controlled by the brain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.
Hi can I b father as I'm having seizure disorder and I'm taking oxetol 450 twice a day and my sperm mortality is very low. Plz help.
My friend has Migraine problem. He is taking medicines for the same, but last two weeks he's feeling very sleepy. He has drop the medicine dose for 4 days since it was not available in the stores. But when he started using it again this problem arises. Is this normal or should I take him to consult a doctor.
I have 15-25 sleep myoclonus a night. I heard that jerk before falling asleep is not seizure. My EEG is abnormal. Doctor told me I have partial seizure? How could it be?
Last night I have a minor electric shock from the wire of stand fan ,How it affects on my body ,How I can remove the affect of this, Thanks for your help.
Hi Doctor, My wife feel numbness in right hand middle finger after 3 month of delivery. What I should do? Please assist.
I am 73 years old. Apart from taking medicine for diabetes (tablet met gl 2 mg), high bp (tablet monotrate 10 mg & nicardia-r 10mg), I am suffering from back ache, body ache and pain in my both feet toes - which is almost since 1 year when I had high sugar level after meals -460. Now it is normal but the pain in my toes does not subside. It is just like numbness and is continuous. Please help for my back pain and numbness in my feet toes. Thanks.
I have a pain in Right side Testicle and sometimes getting Numbness in my right side leg. What should i do?
It is the most common problem seen in society today. A migraine is a common neurological condition characterised by a headache, but some people have associated symptoms of eye and ear.
Classic symptoms of a migraine:
- Severe throbbing headache on one side of head
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and noise.
- Prefer quite a dark room to sleep
- Sensitivity to motion
- Muffled hearing
- Ear fullness
- Ringing in the ear or tinnitus
Causes of a migraine:
Migraine headaches probably relate to both abnormal discharges in cells within the brain and to the construction of the walls of the blood vessels in and around the brain. But the exact cause of a migraine is not known. Following are the provocating factors which make the condition worse
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
- Stress altered sleep patterns
- Diet fast food, oily food, processed food
- Chocolates, cheeses
- Coffee sodas with caffeine
Factors related to a migraine
- More common in women than men
- Symptoms are often worse during menstruation
- Family history
- Avoid food, which triggers migraines e.g. Chocolate, alcohol, cheese, oily, spicy, junk and processed food
- Relaxation exercise
- Stress management
- During menstrual period decrease the salt intake and take some diuretic
- Ibruphen for pain after meal
- Other treatment with the advice of neuro physician e.g.
- Beta blockers agents
- Calcium channel blockers
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Seratonergic agents
- Gabapantin or neurontin
- Acetazolamides or diamox
- Sodium valporate or depakots
- Oxycarbazapine or trieptal