Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip Ravaji ShahYour feedback matters!
Hello sir I am 26 years old male. I'm facing hair fall problem since from four years, this problem started when I had a typhoid. But now my upper portion of the head is having low volume of hair there is also having a growth of thin hair when I slowly try to pull them they comes in my hand. Please suggest me what should I need to do.
My friends hair is falling and his face skin has scare marks what is the problem and what can be done
There are white roundish spots on my neck for the past two weeks now. I have applied moisturizers but in vain. They may or may not be related to psoriasis/eczema. Kindly help.
Skin is the most sensitive as well as the largest body organ. Skin problems are very common and can happen to almost everyone, be it a woman or man, and dealing with these problems could be as tough as understanding them. Here are a few very common skin problems that one should know about and can deal with them easily.
- Acne or a pimple is the very common skin disorder that occurs to almost everybody every now and then. It basically happens due to the blocking or clogging of the passageway that connects your skin pores to the oil glands. Face, neck, shoulder, back and chest are some common areas where acne appear. The best way to deal with them is to stay hydrated and maintain a balanced diet.
- Eczema is another skin disease that may occur in children, teenagers as well as adults and is of three types. Atopic dermatitis is the first type and this type is mainly seen in children in the form of itchy rashes behind the knees and in the elbow part. Allergic contact dermatitis is the second type and is seen in early adulthood. Metallic jewellery, cosmetics and fragrances can be the major causes of this type. Nummular dermatitis mostly occurs on dry skin. Coin-shaped patches, itchy skin, redness can be a few symptoms of this type.
- Psoriasis is another skin disorder which basically causes inflammation and scaling. This genetic disease is developed due to the few abnormalities in the immune system. There is no guaranteed way to prevent this disorder. However, this can be treated with a number of solutions including petroleum jelly, vitamin A and various other prescribed drugs and medicines.
- Dark under eye circles is another common skin problem which can be easily cured. You can get rid of these dark circles by eating healthy food, keeping a balanced diet, drinking a lot of water, perform exercises, sleeping early and many others. Intake of cucumber, green tea, etc. can also help you get back your flawless skin.
- The other skin problems that are very common and can occur to anybody include athlete foot, wrinkles, sunburns, groin rashes, skin swelling, staph infections and much more.
The best way to prevent yourself from skin related problems is to eat healthy, take adequate amount of sleep, nearly 7 to 8 hours daily, drink a lot of water, sleep early, live a life stress-free and be happy and positive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Lybrate | Dr Asrar Ahmed speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Hi doctor my name is sharukh I have problem like daily hair falling and my eye are very poor and my eye glass no. 5+ since 13 years please give me solution.
I am 62. Suffering from psoriasis It increases during rainy season. Tried alopathy. Homeopathy and ayurveda. All temporary. Suggest good medicine ?
I have fungal infection which is spreading throughout my body. At presently I have on backside of my neck, left ear, between both legs.
Acne or pimples is a chronic disease involving the pilosebaceous follicles. Sebaceous glands are found most abundantly on the face and scalp, though they are present on every part of the skin except the palms of the hands and soles of the feet. Though the sebaceous gland is a mini organ, it is anatomically and functionally related to the hair follicle. Cutaneous disorders attributed to the sebaceous gland are really disorders of the entire pilosebaceous unit. The areas most commonly involved in acne are the face, upper chest, and back. Other less common areas include the upper arms, buttocks, and upper thighs.
Acne arises from the interaction of 4 factors
1. Excess sebum production caused by androgenic stimulation of sebaceous glands;
2. Outlet obstruction of the sebaceous follicle arising from excess production of keratinocytes (the basic cell of the epidermis);
3. Increased proliferation of the bacteria propionibacterium acnes that normally live in the sebaceous follicle; and
4. Inflammation caused by sebum escaping into the surrounding skin.
Excessive manipulation by the patient, causing the primary lesions to disappear and leaving excoriated, raw-looking marks. This is called acne excoriée and can cause scar formation.
For removal of black marks application of pure coconut oil daily before sleeping is advisable, don't apply while going out in the sun together with this constitutional homoeopathic treatment gives best results.
Homoeopathic medicines such as sulphur, merc sol, graphites, kali brom, calcarea carb, acidum nitricum, pulsatilla, thuja, etc are very good in treating acne or pimples, giving permanent cure from such tendency.