Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Dhaval OswalYour feedback matters!
I have a problem in my teeth. I think it cavity. I brought a sensodine paste. Is it help full. Please tell. A tight proposal.
I am sufferring from lykoplakia kindly suggest medicine one doctor suggested cap densomine thrice daily but I m not able to find it. kindly suggest another medicine.
Hello doctors, I went to the dentist 2 years before because my upper jaw teeth's are not in a proper ways like my front teeth was not in its proper position. So they advise me for braces and it was one and half year treatment. I opted for that treatment and when I got of my braces I was quite happy coz all my teeth were completely fine. But after 2-3 months I notice that my front teeth is again changing its position. I ask from my dentist and he is concerning me for re-treatment. What should I do? waiting for your reply. Thank you
I have problem in my teeth. There are many black spots on my teeth for over few years. What should I do?
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.
Sir I have been facing mouth ulccers for the last two years. It happens almost once every month. Please sugest what to do?
Hi Doctors, Im 25 years old girl. I have gum problem loose teeth and plague and im also getting gaps in between tooth. please suggest me some medicine or mouthwash to overcome these problems. If I remove calculus will I gaps permanently? Im worried.
I am a 20 years old 3rd years BDS student. My mandibular lateral incisors are a bit rotated but is not noticeable. Also I have very little overcrowding in the mandibular arch. Ortho treatment was not necessary in my case. Still I am under ortho treatment since last 4 months in my college under a 2nd year PG staff. Proximal stippling was done between lower premolars but there are no noticeable effects. I want to get my braces removed now. They are saying I cannot leave my treatment halfway like this and I have to pay for the full treatment for getting my braces removed. Is it possible to get my braces removed in another private clinic? Kindly let me know the cost of removal process and any suggestions if you like. Thank you.
I am 41 years old, male. My problem is there is a very bad smell in my mouth every time for last few years. I could not speak with others whole heartedly. I have taken allopathy according to dentist, taken homeopathy but no result. I do not have any constipation. Every day two times latrin I do used. What should I do. Please advice.
There is swelling and pain on the vein under my tongue. There are two veins kind of thing (salivary gland I think) In one of that got swollen and it is disturbing while touching it in teeth. It has got swollen and its paining too. Is this normal? Or I want to consult a doctor? Is there any home remedies?
My teeth are totally destroy and so much pain also we I drink water or eating so can you please tell me quickly what will I do can I pick out that tooth.
Hello doctor myself sunny. I am 30 year old man. I have so much sore in my mouth what should I do. Please help me.
I am 33 year old male. In between my teeth blood come out frequently I have changed my brush but no use of it blood comes.
Brush at least twice a day. The best time to brush teeth is after meals. Choose a toothbrush with a small head for better access to back teeth. Soft bristles are kinder on your gums.
- Use fluoridated toothpaste. Fluoride helps to harden tooth enamel and reduces your risk of decay.
- Brush thoroughly. Tooth brushing should take between two and three minutes.
- Floss your teeth daily. Use a slow and gentle sawing motion.
- Limit acidic drinks like soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices. Food acids soften tooth material and dissolve the minerals in tooth enamel, causing holes (cavities or caries). In severe cases, teeth may be 'eaten' right down to the gum.
- Limit sugary foods. Bacteria in dental plaque change sugars into acids.
- Protect your teeth from injury. Wear a mouthguard or full-face helmet when playing sports.
- Try to save a knocked out tooth. If possible, hold the tooth back in place while you seek immediate dental advice. If this is not possible, wrap the tooth in plastic or place it in milk and seek dental advice immediately.
- Avoid using your teeth for anything other than chewing food. If you use them to crack nuts, remove bottle tops or rip open packaging, you risk chipping or even breaking your teeth.
- See your dentist for regular check-ups. You should also visit your dentist if you have a dental problem such as a toothache or bleeding gums.