Lybrate.com has top trusted Radiologists from across India. You will find Radiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Radiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dhananjay S. Danve
Diagnostic X- Ray
Bone Densitometry Procedure
Uterine Artery Embolization
Interventional Diagnostic Procedures
Angiography Radial Approach
Submit a review for Dr. Dhananjay S. DanveYour feedback matters!
Lung cancer is the cancer killer of both men and women in the U.S. When you think of risk factors for lung cancer, what comes to mind? Most of us think about the risk associated with smoking cigarettes, but did you know that air pollution can also cause lung cancer? Overwhelming evidence shows that particle pollution in the outdoor air we breathe—like that coming from vehicle exhaust, coal-fired power plants and other industrial sources can cause lung cancer. Particle pollution increases the risk of dying early, heart disease and asthma attacks, and it can also interfere with the growth and function of the lungs.
What is particle pollution?
Particle pollution is a mix of tiny solid and liquid particles in the air and can be made up of a number of components, such as acids, organic chemicals, metals, soil and dust particles. It can be emitted directly from wood stoves, forest fires, vehicles and other sources, and it can also form from other types of pollution that come from sources like power plants.
Why does particle pollution harm our bodies?
While breathing in larger sizes of particle pollution can be harmful to our health, smaller particles are more dangerous. Bigger particles can irritate your eyes, nose and throat, but our natural defenses help us to cough or sneeze them out of our bodies. Unfortunately, those defenses don't keep out smaller particles, which get trapped deep in the lungs and can even get into the bloodstream, causing damage to our health.
Who is most at risk?
As for who is at risk for health problems from breathing in particle pollution. Those who live where particle pollution levels are high is at risk. Some people face higher risk, including children, the elderly, people with lung and heart disease and diabetes, people with low incomes, and people who work or exercise outdoors.
How do we protect ourselves from particle pollution?
Check the air quality index forecast for the day and limit your activity if pollution levels are high. Avoid exercising along heavily traveled highways regardless of the overall forecast.
As individuals, we can play our part in reducing air pollution levels by trying to avoid creating more of it. Choosing ‘active travel’ options where possible, like walking and cycling, can help reduce pollution levels from transport and is also a great way to be more active, which is linked to a reduced risk of cancer and other diseases.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I’m Dr. Malvika Sabharwal, from Jeewan mala hospital and Apollo Spectra hospital, New Rohtak Road in Karol Bagh. In fact I’ve been a laparoscopic surgeon since the year 92, I introduced it in the North of india. 2000, we had got recognition at this hospital for managing most of the gyne problem laparoscopically.
Today I will tell you about fibroid uterus. It’s a very very common problem, seen almost in 25% of cases and at all ages, at any age and It causes various problems. In case agar ye bleeding cause kar ra hai, to bleeding k sath to mareez fatafat aatay hain k han g hamay bleeding ho rai hai, un ka diagnosis b ho jata hai. Kabi kabi wo infertility cause karta hai, infertility ka matlab k pregnancy nai ho rai hai. In such cases, agar pregnancy nai ho rai hai to b mareez aa jaat hain sooner or later. Par kai fibroids aise hain jo k hotay hain even after having couple of children. 2,3 bachay ho gae phr b wo fibroids hai. Ab basically fibroids hotay ki hai, ye normal uterus hai, 2 tubes hain 2 ovaries hain, ye muscle wall jo hai agar is me se ek bhi fibre barh jata hai, ye fibroid cause karta hai aur fibroids jo hain wo is tarha k tumors hain uterus k andar. Agar ye uterus me fibroid andar ki taraf jhukav de ga, agar 2cm ka b hai, wo bleeding cause karay ga aur us k liye aap fatafat doctor k paas pohnchen gey aur us ka samadhan ho jae ga. Agar fibroid boht barha hai, wo upper ki taraf jae ga aur us ka pata b nai chalay ga aapko. Kabi kabi kuch pata b nai chalta, kabi kabi us se aata hai patient k g hamy urine nai ho paa ra, hum peshaab nai kar pa rae aur ye hamay boht tang kar ra hai, tou tab diagnose hota hai. Any which ways, hamaray paas 2 hi options hain, ya tou uterus ka nikaalna ya fibroid ka nikalna. Agar hamay uterus ka kaam lena hai, patient young hai, aagay bachay paeda karne hain tou definiteky fibroid ko nikalna hi better hai par agar family complete hai, agar us ko bachay aur nahi chahye aur us ki umer b towards the maybe 40 years or above hai or even otherwise agar boht zaada takleef ho rai hai, many options are there par durbeen se hum fibroid b nikalte hain aur uterus b nikalte hain. Agar fibroid nikala jae tou sirf fibroid ko nikaal kar k hum bolte hain ab aap pregnancy shuru kar sakte hain. Once fibroids are removed laparoscopically ya ek aur tareeka hota hai hysteroscopically, uterus ko andar se ja kar k hum dekhte hain, muaaena karte hain aur jahan fibroid hota hai us ko nikaal letay hain. It’s a non-touch technique hysteroscopy wala. Laparoscopic jo karte hain, us me 2, 3 holes bante hain pait k andar aur us kop hr morselate kar k tareekay se nikaala jata hai. Ye morselation b boht zaada ajkal controversy me b aaya , is k baaray me tarah tarah k hare k forum me discussions hue k karna chahye ya nai karna chahye aur ye jo fibroid ko nikalne ka tareeka morselation ka hai, aaj kal in-bag b hai matlb aap bag k andar fibroid ko daalo aur us ko nikalo. Is se wo cheez jo hai wo phailti nai hai aur boht araam se wo aap k nikal aati hai. Ye ek din ka stay rehta hai hospital me fibroid nikalne k liye. Laparoscopic fibroid removal me patient is there in the hospital just for one day. Us k baad you’re back to normal and aap ko koi rok thaam nai hai, serhiyon pe jaana utarna, aap ko koi jhukna, travel karna. Log Hindustan k bahr se b aatay hain is ko remove karwanay k liye. So, this is one thing which is available in our hospital and we’ve been doing it since 92. 2000, we have already got to recognized training center for fibroid removal. Now there are situations jahan pe fibroids nahi nikal paatay, tou us me b koi aisi baat nai hai, it’s not k it’s the end, like k agar tubes k boht paas ho, agar boht zaada paas hai tou kabi kabi situationally aap nai nikaal paatay but that is something jo k aap ko us k liye koi aisi wo baat nai hai as long as the tubes are patent, matlb aap tube ko test karte ho aur pregnancy amooman hojati hai. Fibroid removal k baad sab ka question hota hai hum kab shuru Karen pregnancy? 3 maheenay is the ultimate time jo l hum log detay hain k us k baad hum kehte hain aap zarur us ko shuru karlo and jo ye fibroid ki problems hain this is something which is so common. I feel that we should look into it, regular checkup is the only answer at every age. Har ek umer ki larki ko apna every year checkup kara lena boht zarurui hai.
Cerebral ischaemia or brain ischemia is a medical condition that restricts the flow of blood to the brain, resulting in an unmet metabolic demand. This leads to limited oxygen supply in the brain, which could result in death of brain tissues, cerebral infarction or an ischemic stroke. Thus, a cardiorespiratory arrest, a stroke, and irreversible brain damage are few possible consequences of cerebral ischaemia.
People with compressed blood vessels, low blood pressure, congenital heart defects or sickle cell anaemia have a high risk of developing cerebral ischaemia, since compressed blood vessels or very low pressure can lead to restricted blood flow. Also, sickle-shaped cells have a greater tendency to clot, causing obstructed blood flow.
Patients with cerebral ischaemia experience a host of symptoms, such as weakness in the body, problems in coordination and movement, vision and speech impairment and unconsciousness.
Cerebral congestion, on the other hand, refers to excessive quantity of blood in the brain vessels, causing pressure on the cerebral substance. Cerebral congestion is of two types. It is termed as active when there is too much arterial blood flow and passive when there is undue quantity of venous blood in the veins of the brain. Both conditions cause symptoms, such as severe headache, insomnia, irritability and unconsciousness. The patient gets little sleep and is disturbed, often followed by dreams. When awake, the patient’s mental activity in the brain is very high.
Homeopathy is now a well-established school of medicine backed with years of research and practice. Gone are the days when homeopathy was considered no more than an extension of herbal home remedies. Homeopathic laboratories around the world produce large number of medicines covering almost all ailments. The benefits of homeopathic treatment are now well established due to its holistic approach and minimal side effects. Homeopathy is undoubtedly a ray of hope for patients with cerebral ischaemia and cerebral congestion, as it delivers a comprehensive treatment plan designed to target the signs and symptoms of the disease and address its non-occurrence.
The medications deal with mild to severe symptoms, including inflammation of the brain, headache, vomiting, insomnia, stroke/convulsions and seizures. The stramonium drug, for example, deals with seizures. Belladonna is an effective remedy for sharp shooting headaches, a common symptom of cerebral congestion. Ferrum is believed to be a valuable remedy for brain ischaemia. Few drugs deal with the symptoms of both ischaemia and congestion—nux is a suitable drug for the treatment of ischaemia as well as for passive cerebral congestion. Similarly, phosphorus can be used to treat brain ischaemia and congestion. Zincum metallicum is a highly recommended drug for chronic cases of ischaemia.
The treatment is comprehensive and long term and shows substantive results.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Uterine fibroids are the most frequently occurring tumors in the female reproductive system. These are non-cancerous, grow in or on a female’s uterus, and is curable. Many women above the age of 40 suffers from Uterine Fibroids. These Fibroids can grow as a single tumour or can grow in multiple numbers in the Uterus. The size of these fibroids may vary from a tiny spec to as large as a grape. In very rare cases, the fibroid becomes excessively large. However, such an occurrence is unusual. Homeopathy has several treatments to cure Uterine Fibroids:
- Uterine Fibroids- These tumors are benign (non-cancerous) in nature. The growth of the fibroids raises from the uterine muscle layers. Fibroids occur in women who fall under the standard age group of conceiving a child. Uterine Fibroids originate from uterus muscle cells that start growing unusually and gradually and give rise to the formation of a benign tumor.
- Uterine Fibroid and Homeopathy- In the treatment of fibroids, many homeopathic remedies are used. All of these homeopathic treatments are proven and valid. Fibroids are treated accordingly after the treatments condition matches with the patient’s symptoms of the fibroid. Once the proper matching is found then that particular homeopathic treatment is conducted to cure the fibroid of the patient. Following are a few effective homeopathic medicines that are used to treat the Uterine Fibroids.
- Phosphorus- When there is profuse and prolonged bleeding along with uterine fibroids, one of the best homeopathic medicines is Phosphorus.
- Calcarea Carb- A few women with uterine fibroids may experience sweating, anxiety, and/or a sensation of coldness. For such women, Calcarea Carb is one of the best homeopathic medicine. A Calcarea Carb patient is usually obese and has a tendency to sweats a lot. The patient might have a pungent odor, and the menses may last for too long. There are can also be itching and burning sensations in the genitals, prior to menses.
- Thlaspi Bursa Pastoris- This Natural substance is yet another Homeopathic medicine that works wonders in curing Uterine Fibroids. In some Fibroid cases where there is profuse and heavy bleeding during menses, this medicine helps extensively.
- Sepia- When the uterine fibroids come with indifference, irritability, and bearing down pains, Sepia is a good homeopathic treatment to choose. There is a sharp pain in the lower abdomen region. The patient feels as if there will be an outflow of everything through her vagina. To block the jutting out of the contents, the patient might feel the urge to sit cross-legged. The periods are too late and scanty. During coition, there may be a pain in the vagina as well.
Women with fibroids may experience heavy menstrual bleeding, pelvic pain, and such symptoms. However, the fibroids being non-cancerous are not to be worried, and they can be cured with the help of the proper homeopathic treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Cancer that originates in the bones of a human body is referred to as bone cancer. Any bone could come under the threat of this disease, but generally the longer bones of your body, so to say the bones of your limbs, are at a greater risk.
A few factors that might push you an inch closer to bone cancer are:
- Genes could jinx your health: A few typical genetic syndromes could increase a person's chances of contracting bone cancer. These syndromes could have been active in any person belonging to your lineage. One such syndrome is Li-Fraumeni.
- Treatment for one kind of cancer can make you prone to some other kind: Radiation affects your bones adversely. A patient of breast cancer might be undergoing radiation therapy that further increases his or her risk of contracting bone cancer in future.
- Paget's disease can have unfavorable implications: Paget's disease is a disease that affects elderly people. This condition, if left untreated, can turn into bone cancer at a later stage.
Several symptoms of bone cancer can be found below:
- Sudden loss of weight: If you lose a considerable amount of weight in a few weeks time without having made any effort at all, you should probably be worried about the health of your bones. Bone cancer can result in sudden and unintentional weight loss.
- Unexpected bone fracture or breakage: Cancer of the bones is known to gnaw at the strength of your bones. Weakened and diseased bones can break or get fractured very easily. An unexpected fracture should not be overlooked so as to prevent chances of anything more harmful.
- Long spans of unyielding exhaustion: Constant fatigue and sleepiness might be hinting at a more serious underlying problem. The bones in your body hold you together; cancerous bone cells can make you feel exhausted without much exertion as your bones lose their inherent potency.
- Persistent pain in the bones: Excruciating cramps or pangs of stinging pain in a person's bones either continuously or at odd hours, could be indicative of bone cancer. Such instances require the advice and guidance of an experienced oncologist.
- Bone swelling: The area affected by bone cancer can grow big and tender or the bone itself can swell up.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Main 22 ki women hun or main memography karwana chahti hun. Memography karwane ka right time konsa hai? Period se pehle ya period ke baad ya phir period ke time?
Uterine fibroids, also referred to as uterine myomas) are non-cancerous tumors that grow within the muscle tissue of the uterus. As many as 20% to 50% women between the age group of 18 to 40 suffer from the condition, but not all cases warrant treatment.
It may be as tiny as a coin or it may grow to the size of a watermelon, making people think the lady is 6/7 months pregnant! There may be one big fibroid or several small ones.
Though the exact causes are not known, family history and hormonal imbalances are said to be the main causes for the same.
Types of Uterine Fibroids
The four types are:
- Subserosal uterine fibroids: Develops outside the uterus and continues to grow.
- Intramural uterine fibroids: The most common type that lead to pregnancy like tummy. They develop within the uterus wall and continue to expand.
- Submucosal uterine fibroids: Because these develop within the uterus lining, they are most likely to be the cause of heavy flow during periods.
- Pedunculated uterine fibroids: These grow on the inner or outer side of a small stalk connecting to the uterus.
- An enlarged uterus is the most common symptom. It is often mistaken for general weight gain or pregnancy.
- Prolonged and painful menstrual cycle, that is many times irregular.
- Urinary incontinence and constant urge to urinate.
- Pelvic pressure.
- Pressure on the bowels leading to constipation.
- Pain during intercourse.
If you find out that you have fibroids during an examination or if you consult a doctor with any of these symptoms, they will most likely ask for an ultrasound or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) which will confirm the type of fibroid and the extent of your problem. Treatment includes non-invasive-focused ultrasound surgery.
Treatment with Homeopathy:
One of the best advantages of choosing Homeopathy is that it works without side effects. It addresses the issue rather than the symptom. A surgical procedure mentioned in general treatment does remove the fibroids but there is no guarantee that they won't grow back as the underlying issue of hormonal imbalance remains.
During a clinical study of the effects of Homeopathy on fibroids, 85% patients showed improvement and 48% people had complete fibroid removal.
Treatment: There are medicines in Homeopathy that can treat uterine fibroids, cervical fibroids and help maintain normal hormonal balance in females.
Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT) is a highly effective and innovative treatment option in a variety of fields, from urology to cosmetology including orthopedics. This is a non-invasive method that employs high-energy shockwaves to bring about the healing of the affected tissues. It has been found to provide good results for recalcitrant orthopaedic problems like frozen shoulder to certain chronic degenerative or tendon conditions such as Achilles tendinitis (injury of the Achilles' tendon due to overuse) and plantar fasciitis in heel pain.
How does it work?
The procedure is basically an outpatient/ daycare job. It involves the application of a non-invasive probe to the affected tissue. This is followed by the external generation of shockwaves focused on the target area. The shockwaves cause a force to be created that brings about healing. Although it's still not clear as to why this kind of therapy works, the dominant understanding is that shockwaves render an improvement in the flow of blood so as to promote the body to fix and heal itself.
Depending on individual cases, high or low energy waves may be employed. While pain may occur during the transmission of high energy waves and would require short general anaesthesia, low-energy ESWT is carried out without anesthesia.
What problems can this form of therapy effectively tackle?
ESWT can be used to treat a number of musculoskeletal disorders. From plantar fasciitis (heel pain), tennis elbow, shoulder rotator cuff, degenerated tendons (Achilles' tendon) to hip and knee pain, the therapy has been found to reduce pain as well as accelerate healing in individuals.
Complications are very few and far between with this therapy. Individuals who suffer from hypersensitivity or poor sensation in the affected area are usually not recommended this procedure. Even individuals with heart conditions, seizures and open sores need to consult a doctor before going forward with the therapy.
The therapy has also been found to be very effective in bone healing as well as treatment of bone necrosis (a disease that occurs due to permanent or temporary loss of blood flow to the bones). Additionally in place of surgery, ESWT may also be a valuable option for non-healing fractures. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Breast cancer is usually genetic in nature and it may affect women whose mother or grandmother may have suffered from the disease. This disease may start from the inner portion of the milk duct, in which case it is called ductal carcinoma. In case the cancer initiated through the lobules, it is called lobular carcinoma. In order to find the existence of the disease on a timely basis, it is imperative to get regular screening done. This can also prevent the disease and its spread. Read on to find out more about symptoms and breast cancer screening methods.
There are many symptoms of breast cancer, which can point at the existence of the same. Therefore, it is imperative to be vigilant and take note of such changes and symptoms so that the disease may be tackled on time. Persistent and unexplained pain in and around the breasts is one of the major symptoms that one should not ignore. Also, dimpling and the formation of new lumps under the armpits are other changes that should be reported to the doctor for more advanced screening. Further, irritation and redness in the area which does not go away after the onset of periods and remains for many weeks, should be checked. Bleeding, swelling and pulling of the nipple area can also point at the existence of breast cancer.
How screeing can be done?
The doctor will, first of all, carry out a physical examination. This is due to the fact that breast cancer is not a mere existence of the lump. The various changes in the breasts as discussed above, especially dimpling of the breasts and pulling of the nipples, can point at the beginning of the disease, which must be tackled so as to prevent the full-fledged onset of the same. During this kind of clinical breast exam, the doctor will also show the patient how to conduct the test on her own every few weeks.
This is essentially an X-Ray of the breasts and is usually carried out for women who have been facing consistent symptoms or even for those who are going through menopause. This kind of a test should not be done too frequently as it can expose the patient to the risk of breast cancer, in case she does not already have the problem. This test is usually carried out with the help of a mammogram machine that will give a reading once the breasts are placed on the metal plates.
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) test seeks to create pictures of the area of the body in question with the help of radio waves. This is usually conducted for those patients who already run a high risk of breast cancer due to a family history of the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.