Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Dhananjay NeelYour feedback matters!
Hi i am Suffering from ocd .on daxid 250, ativan 1.25 mg and sizodon 0.5 mg .excruciating anxiety, depression ,insomnia ,panic attacks ,phobia against colours. Doctor not very accessible .any medication ,cbt course of action.
I am 76 old. I have unhealed incision done for removal of bunion on the ankle of right leg. It has healed about 90% but balance of 10% formed as tough skin over the incision. There are no pus or blood woos from the crest. Only problem is the crest is not falling off. But every evening pain appears every day to quench the pain I have to apply some antiseptic cream and pain disappears after about one to one half hours. The question is why it is not healing? and what should be done? Due to this I have sceitic pain on the left leg & buttocks. I am in Bangalore, India. Can you kindly suggest a doctor who can help me in curing this. I have already visited respective 3 to 5 leading specialization. They have done skin grafting twice and it has failed. What alternative therapy is available at at Bangalore.
Lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help .
Hi sir, I am 24 years old, my mind is not under a constant thinking ,it will be stressed by other things, I am an IT employee, I know it is a psychological problem, no medicine for it, but I need your valuable suggestion, can you suggest me what should I do?
I am student doing chartered accountant course some times I am feeling depression heavily and I am not concentration on my studies but I love to study please tell me some advice about this.
What should one do who is suffering from severe depression for 18 years and finding his surrounding meaningless, gloomy, goal-less, excitement-less, unsuccessful & alone; due to the negligency, unpardonable & life-spoiling mistakes, less-co-operation & misguidance; in spite of showing so much talent & possibility during his teen-age?
When I wake up in the morning. Why my voice is low. Please give me remedy for this. I am a vocalist, so it's very irritated and my voice is getting low at afternoon. What to do the voice range high?
Symptoms for Bipolar disorder varies from patient to patient. Bipolar 1 and bipolar 2 can vary in terms of signs and symptoms. Both diseases have a different set of symptoms and they are diagnosed according to the merit of the symptoms.
Bipolar 1 is characterised by a manic episode. This may be followed by a hypomanic or depressive instance. Symptoms of mania can cause major impairment in life and extreme cases may require hospitalisation. Bipolar 1 patients can suffer from psychosis as well.
Bipolar 2 is characterised by a hypomanic instance that lasts for at least four days and one depressive instance lasting for a minimum of two weeks. Bipolar 2 doesn’t involve a manic episode. Frequent mood swings and violent behaviour can be major challenge in a patient’s life.
Warning signs of manic and hypomanic behaviour:
a. Quick passing thoughts
b. Unusual talkativeness
d. Increased social activity
e. Inflated sense of self-esteem
Symptoms of bipolar disorder
- Anxious distress: Apprehensions about not finishing a task on time, feeling of restlessness, feeling of losing control, difficulty in concentrating due to distress, fearing an awful event will occur in the near future, etc., are key symptoms of anxiety distress.
- Melancholic features: Patients suffering from bipolar disorder like to be left alone. They may not seek pleasure in any activity and even good things may not have much effect on them.
- Catatonia: This is a condition wherein, a person stops reacting to the environment. Not speaking and holding unusual body positions are some signs of these symptoms. There might be a tendency of mimicking too.
- Psychosis: This is one of the classical symptoms of bipolar disease. It is characterised by hallucination, constant depression and delusions.
- Seasonal pattern: There is a pattern of manic, hypomanic and depressive episodes throughout the year. The pattern might change within a month or season.
- Rapid cycling: The number of mood swings can exceed four or more times in a single year.
- Peripartum onset: This is a condition where bipolar disorder symptoms are witnessed in a pregnant woman during pregnancy or within the four weeks following delivery.
Symptoms in children: It is difficult to find symptoms of bipolar disorder in children and teens. Along with bipolar disorder, kids are most often diagnosed with other mental health problems as well. The problems can result from stress, trauma or chemical imbalance of the brain. Perhaps the biggest symptoms of bipolar disorder in children and teens are their frequent mood swings, chronic depression and feeling of despair. There might be a tendency of oversleeping as well. Reaching out to a doctor or professional help is very necessary for cases related to children and teens. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
My mom is behaving like mad. Talking to herself. She is saying that she is hearing some voices. Not sleeping in night. She also said I am hearing buzz sound every time. Is it related to ear problem or any other Mental Disorder?
Hi, my 5 years son is hyperactive and he got angry many times he make loud noise every time, from 2 months he started to speak single word like water, chabhi,toy but cannot make sentence he is not able to make friends in class he is not seating in class or home for more than 5 min. Pls advice how to calm him & make matchure like other kids of same age.
I am 18 years. My memory is turning very weak. For ex I saw an movie last week. Now when my friend recalled it. I even forgot the story of it. I can see this in very instances? what is the cause and tell the solution please.
Hi Respected Doctor, my cousin sister aged 58 years having all goods but thinks off unwanted issues and hence depressed. Thus she got bp. Your suggestion please.
Sir my concentration power is very less from the last 6 month. So sir i request you to give me some suggestion to improve my concentration power. Thanks
Are you suffering from extreme depression? Does your depression episode continues for a long time and makes you feel too tired to get out of bed? Chronic depression is capable of turning your life upside down, causing turmoil with all your activities, thereby, spoiling your regular life totally. At times, a person can get so drained by depression that getting out of bed seems impossible because of fatigue. It is quite difficult to deal with such situations.
Here are some important tips on how to overcome your chronic depression and get out of bed.
- Be depressed upright: It is likely to be driven by the voices in your head during your depression. You should respond by replying to the voices that you are depressed, but you are going to be depressed outside. This is important, as activity and depression do not go well together. You should try to stop your thinking totally and put yourself in an automatic mode. Preparing to deal with thoughts from before is beneficial. When your body is in motion, it is easier to deal with the thoughts.
- Try to make it to the shower: When you do not feel like leaving your bed at all, you should try making it to the shower somehow. Taking a shower makes you a bit relaxed and diverted and you can expect relief from your depressive episode. This is an effective way to get yourself up and running from bed, instead of isolating yourself under the blanket. Taking a shower might bring you some hope and encourage you to step out of bed and do something productive. Even if you decided to be in bed all day strictly, a refreshing shower is likely to change your mind.
- Bribe yourself: You can try bribing yourself as a reason for getting out of bed. You can remind yourself how good you will feel after having a cup of hot coffee, or how nice it would feel to listen to a certain song while going to work.
It is important to give yourself a purpose or reason to get out of bed. Many people believe that they might feel like leaving the bed in spite of being heavily depressed, if they had a worthy purpose. It is very important for you to get involved in something. You might hate a job, or hate working, but it will give you a reason to divert from your depressive thoughts. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.