Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deshpande Prasanna
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deshpande PrasannaYour feedback matters!
Microdermabrasion is a quick and painless treatment that accelerates the rate at which dead skin is exfoliated, and jump-starts the proliferation of new skin cells. Your dermatologist may recommend a series of microdermabrasion treatments, which can treat hyperpigmentation, sun-damaged spots, dryness, fine lines and wrinkles and even minor acne scars. Microdermabrasion can be coupled with just about any other type of skin treatment and is usually recommended to be done every few weeks to every two or three months.
Suitable for all but the most sensitive skins, microdermabrasion combines vacuum suction with tiny abrasive crystals to polish away the uppermost layer of skin, eliminating roughness as well as fine lines and wrinkles. It is a quick and virtually pain-free procedure that uses tiny, rough aluminum crystals to vigorously exfoliate the top layer of the skin, removing dead skin cells.
How is a microdermabrasion procedure performed?
There are two general methods for microdermabrasion:
Crystal Microdermabrasion: For this type of microdermabrasion, a handpiece emits crystals onto the surface of the skin, resulting in a gentle abrasion or "polishing" process. Then the dead skin cells along with the crystals are suctioned off either instantaneously (in the same handpiece) or in a secondary process.
Diamond-Tip Microdermabrasion: This type of microdermabrasion works with a diamond-tip handpiece that gently abrades and exfoliates dead skin cells. Like the crystal microdermabrasion, the dead skin is either suctioned off right away in the same handpiece or in a secondary process. The diamond-tip microdermabrasion is safer to perform closer to the eyes and has more flexibility in sensitive areas or on more sensitive skin.?
Microdermabrasion works best for anyone looking to revitalize their skin. If you have any of these conditions, you are a candidate for microdermabrasion:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Hyperpigmentation or sun spots
- Dry skin
- Minor acne scars
- Blemishes or large pores
Acne is a skin condition that leads to the outbreak of pimples and sores as well as whiteheads and blackheads. These have a reddish appearance and make the skin look less than ideal. With the help of microdermabrasion, one can gradually reduce the appearance of light scarring and make the skin look even toned.
This is an inflammation-based skin condition which leads to the appearance of prominent blood vessels as well as other kinds of skin eruptions. Microdermabrasion can come to the rescue of the patient who is suffering from severe symptoms of this condition.
When to Avoid Microdermabrasion:
This procedure should be avoided by people who have sustained deep scars. Also, anyone who has active keloids and lesions that are yet to be diagnosed should avoid this treatment as it may lead to an aggravation. Further, anyone who is suffering from an immune system disorder or diabetes should also avoid this kind of treatment as it may lead to complications. If you have had a chemical peel recently, you should also steer clear of this kind of treatment as it may lead to inflammation, swelling and bleeding on the skin which is already tender from the previous treatment.
I am a 26year old women (not married). I am feeling slight pain over my left breast sometimes and it seems to be slight bigger than the right one. But I am not feeling any lumps on the breast. Whether it is a sign of breast cancer?
Rosacea is a medical condition of the skin that affects people across the globe. The exact cause of rosacea is unknown to scientists and there is still no permanent solution to this. However, heredity is believed to be one of the causes of rosacea. They are small and red in appearance, often filled with pus. They are fairly visible on forehead, nose, and cheeks. They occur in cycles, and temporarily go away only to come back within a short interval of time.
There are four kinds of rosacea, namely erythematotelangiectatic, papulopustular, rhinophyma and ocular. Every rosacea type has its own set of symptoms. Rosacea can get worse if there is a tendency of eating spicy food and alcohol consumption. Ayurveda is known to be a great treatment option for treating rosacea. Here is a set of Ayurvedic treatment options that could fetch great results:
- Turmeric: Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant powerhouse. It can treat a range of skin diseases, such as skin aging, hyperpigmentation and scarring. Not to mention it is one of the finest elements to treat rosacea. Experts of Ayurveda suggest consuming one spoon of turmeric on a daily basis to avoid skin inflammation and other skin problems. It can be taken in the form of juice, with food, and capsule.
- Carrots and beets: Carrots and beets are one of the best forms of iron. The latter is required for the normal functioning of the skin. Deficiency of it can cause the skin to be dry and sallow. Beets and carrots have the ability to control rosacea. They can be consumed daily with food or in the form of juice.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is more commonly known as east Indian ginseng. They are one of the most powerful herbs to treat rosacea. Being anti-inflammatory in nature, it strengthens the skin from within and helps in getting rid of rosacea puss. Ashwagandha can be applied in the form of an extract every alternate day to fetch great results.
- Honey: Honey is a natural cleanser and antioxidant. They directly attack the rosacea causing virus and do not let them spread. Honey can also bring down the reddish patches that are so common of rosacea. Honey should be applied on the face before taking a bath or sleeping, and washed away with warm water after 1 to 2 hours.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek is an ancient medicinal plant that is rich in vitamin C, folic acid, vitamin A, vitamin K, iron, potassium, and calcium. They help the skin to glow and remove the reddish patches on the face. Its anti-inflammatory nature does not allow the pus to form. It is also considered to be an anti-itching agent. It can be consumed daily in meals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.