Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deshmane
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. DeshmaneYour feedback matters!
I have a small white scar in my neck from past a week after I went for hair cut. Is it infection or fungal growth or symptoms for any other disease.
I have a red mark on nose after using clindamycin it becoming more red why it is happening how to cure it.
I will use any cream my face started to very sweat I will use the cream long time but every cream started to sweat my face look very dull I can't understand please give me a good solution please.
My Pap smear showed moderate neutrophilic infiltrate. My gynecologist advised me to take zifi oz, Izra d and signoflam twice a day for 7 days. From 5th day onwards, I'm experiencing on and off itchy hives. Could this be side effects of any of these medicines? And what should I do further?
I have some chickenpox scars on my face, is it possible that by any surgery, medicine or cream can make them remove?
I have itchy anus condition where I scratch it till the skin starts burning. Usually itchy every 12 hours, not regularly. Other problems I have are gastric and itchy problems near groin area.
The most common form of leishmaniasis, cutaneous leishmaniasis is generally identified as a parasitic disease caused by the bite of infected sand flies and is responsible for causing skin sores. These skin sores vary in size and appearance and are susceptible to changes over time. They have often been described as miniature volcanoes, having slightly elevated edges with a central crater, and at times covered by a scab. Occasionally, swollen glands can appear in and around the sores, and may or may not be painful.
Causes of cutaneous leishmaniasis include:
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis can be easily spread by the mere bite of certain types of phlebotomine sand flies. Initially, sand flies get infected when they bite an infected animal; say a rodent or a dog, or even another person already suffering from it. They then act as a vector agent and carry the virus around with them. If they happen to bite you, you will discover the growth of these volcanic skin sores gradually, if not immediately.
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis can also be spread via blood transfusions or through the use of contaminated needles.
- Occasionally, though very rarely, cutaneous leishmaniasis can also be spread from a pregnant mother to her newborn baby.
Cutaneous leishmaniasis can be treated in various ways. Some effective methods of treatment may include:
- Local heat therapy (most suitably at around 40 degrees celsius)
- Several topical paromomycin preparations
- Certain types of sodium preparations
- Antibiotic therapy
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.