Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepti Waghmare
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Deepti WaghmareYour feedback matters!
Hello sir my name is sumit biswas. I have a problem of back pain. So it's quite painful you know. So can you please help me. Thank you very much.
A knee sprain is a disorder that is characterized by tearing of the ligaments of the knee. The ligaments are tissues in the knee, whose function is to keep the bones together. They also help in keeping the bones and the knee joint in their proper position. In terms of function, they help you walk, turn and twist. Usually ligaments get sprained due to sports or exercise related injuries.
- If the knee is directly hit: Sprains occur when the knee is hit directly by a strong force on the sides, front or back of the knee. It may also occur, if you trip or fall on your knees. Car accidents and football tackles are other instances where the knee may be impacted in this manner.
- A sudden twist to the knee joint: If the knee joint is suddenly twisted, then it may result in knee sprain. This usually occurs in situations wherein you plant your foot and then suddenly turn from the knee. This can occur in various sports such as football or hockey where you run and change direction suddenly.
The symptoms of knee sprain are pain in the knee joint, impaired movement and swelling. You will have difficulty while walking as the knee may give out or buckle. In some cases, you may also hear a painful pop from the knee joint.
The treatment of a knee sprain begins with a proper diagnosis wherein you may have to undergo various tests such as X-rays or MRI. Once the diagnosis confirms that it is a knee sprain, treatment will begin. The various modes of treatment include:
- Acetaminophen: This medication is used to reduce fever and pain resulting from knee sprain.
- NSAIDs: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen also reduce swelling and pain.
- Physical support devices: You may also use splint or an elastic bandage to provide support to the knee joint so as to allow the area to heal faster.
- Surgery: Severe ligament tears in young patients will require surgery to regain full and normal function to carry on playing regular sports in future.
In addition to the treatment, plenty of rest is required. Do not carry out tasks that require you to move your knee excessively as it may damage it further. Perform stretches and strengthening exercises to keep the joints strong and mobile. Sometimes ligament injuries are serious and do not settle down with the above measures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello sir my father's right leg foot so painful. He used also medicine but not relief. So please solution sir.
Pain related sleep disruption has affected a large number of people around the globe. Statistics has it that, in India, about 25% of the population suffers from pain-related sleep deprivation. Studies call it ‘the vicious cycle of pain and sleep’ as pain affects your ability to sleep and lack of sleep makes the pain even worse.
Back pain and arthritis are examples of some common pain-related medical disorders. People with these types of chronic pains have reported persistent sleeplessness or have had immense trouble falling asleep.
- Insomnia: It is a medical condition that is characterized by an inability to fall asleep no matter how physically exhausted you are. Insomnia can be acute (lasting for one night to a week) or chronic (that lasts for more than 3 weeks).
- Hypersomnia: It is a condition wherein you tend to sleep excessively; in this condition, you will have trouble being awake throughout the day or can fall asleep at any point of time.
- Sleep Apnoea: This is a sleep disorder wherein breathing pauses and resumes repeatedly. Risk factors include obesity, age and gender; it is more commonly observed in men. This condition can be chronic with symptoms such as snoring loudly or feeling very tired even after one has had a night’s sleep.
- Restless leg syndrome: It is a sleep disorder wherein you continuously move your legs while sleeping. However, this condition can also cause you to move your legs even if you aren’t sleeping.
Some of the causes of sleep disorders due to chronic pain are:
A pain and sleep disorder should be simultaneous as both the components of it, pain and sleep, are interrelated. Some of the ways people with chronic pain can still have a good night’s sleep are:
- Limiting caffeine intake
- Abstaining from alcohol and smoking, as these disrupt the sleep cycles, thus aggravating the existing pain.
- Practicing meditation and other relaxation techniques
- Pain killers or sleeping pills can be administered, but only with the doctor’s advice.
- Hot water fomentation over painful area during night, for better sleep.