Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deeplakshmi RagadeYour feedback matters!
What foods and drinks to be taken and what to avoid after ovulation means my egg raptured on 29th july so help me what to eat and notfrom today. Can I take egg Omlet or not , we are planning for baby, so help me out. And what is the chances of conceiving we have done intercourse on 28th done at 8: 30 pm, on 30th done at 2: 30 am means night of 29th and on 31st done at 4 am. All time I stay on bed with pillow under butts for 1 hour each, help me.
Hello. I 29 years old. I have a boy 5 years. When I was pregnant then after 9 days little much bleeding is start. And at time of delivery then also bleeding nd no much exact pain. Then its cesarean. Again now I am 5 weeks pregnant nd no bleeding as before so kya normal delivery k chances h? Nd sex hmare liy safe hoga? please tell.
Hi, my wife is pregnant and 8 month is running so can I have sex with my wife. And after how many months i should not have sex?
One of my friends is suffering from breast cancer and it is said that intense pain is there. How can we be away from cancer?
She has too much pain in her periods, more than enough. Even she can't stand & sit properly. Since last year she used to have some pills to reduce pain. Bt from last 2 months she left all the medicines. Please consult some remedies to reduce pain. Is it true that using pills in periods can lead to problems in future or she should use her medicines.
Top tips for aiding digestion
Too much food and drink? Keep these useful hints and homeopathic medicines in mind
- Drink a cup of boiled water in the morning before breakfast. This seems to cleanse the stomach and often works wonders.
- Eat slowly. One of the main causes of indigestion is unchewed food.
- Don’t eat food “piping hot”. Our stomachs are not meant to have hot foods inside them. A useful thing to remember is that if it is hot in the mouth it is hot in the stomach. This includes tea and coffee. Food and drinks that are too hot may disrupt enzymes and injure the lining of the stomach. So, always wait for it to cool.
- Don’t eat on the hoof. Meals should be taken at a leisurely pace. If you eat on the move, there is more chance that digestion will not begin. Instead foods in the stomach and intestine will start to ferment, producing gases that bloat you.
- Avoid eating fruit with the meal. Tempting though it is, because it seems lighter on the stomach than puddings, it is not good at the end of a meal. This is because fruit digests faster than dense proteins, so fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
- If bloating is a persistent problem, try simplifying your meals. Instead of having lots of food groups at one meal try separating them. For example, proteins need acid enzyme digestive juices, whereas carbohydrates need alkaline enzyme digestive juices. When you have to break down both types all at once you are not achieving optimal enzymatic action, so some fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
- Try taking slightly smaller servings and think twice about second helpings. As a good rule of thumb, try to get into the habit of estimating the quantity you allow yourself using “nature’s food bowl”. Cup your two hands together as if you were using them to make a bowl. The quantity of food that would fill that “bowl” should be your maximum at any meal.
- Make sure that you drink enough water. Ideally, hydrate your stomach with a glass of water half an hour before a meal.
This month my period hasn't come. I am assuming it can be because of the pills I have taken for my UTI infection please suggest is it possible or there can be any other issues.
There is a strong connection between the ears, nose and throat, as any ENT or Ear Nose Throat specialist will be able to tell you. When there is any kind of congestion or obstruction in the nasal passages, one can also feel some effect in the ears with the symptoms going from mild to severe.
So how can nasal obstruction cause clogged ears? Here is our explanation!
- The Connection: To begin with, let us understand the connection between the ears and the nose. There is an opening that can be found in the back of the nose, which leads into a tunnel called the Eustachian Tube. This tube goes into the ears and creates some amount of pressure when the nasal passages get blocked. This pressure can be felt as clogging of the ears and can usually be eradicated with the help of a pop in the ears. This pop can be brought about by pinching your nose and trying to breathe, or even yawning hard or indulging in some gulping or swallowing motion as well.
- Mucosal Swelling: The swelling within the patient's nose usually points at the buildup of mucus, which can make the nasal lining thicker, thus making the act of breathing that much more laboured and difficult. This obstructs the nasal tract, in plain and simple terms. This swelling usually spreads to the tunnel or the Eustachian Tube, which can become swollen and even shut, consequently leading to a feeling of having clogged ears.
- Negative Nasal Pressure: When the pressure inside the nose is built up in a negative way due to the obstruction that makes the patient breathe even harder, then the ears end up taking the pressure. This makes them clogged. This negative pressure usually manifests in the back of the nose where the Eustachian Tube is located, which creates a build up in the ears as well. This can also lead to a ringing pain when a patient tries to suck in air too hard due to the obstruction.
- Bernoulli's Principle: If we are to incorporate air in place of fluid and liken the action of breathing with an obstructed nose, with the action of sucking fluid in through an obstructed straw, then the fluid dynamics would apply to this case. As per these fluid dynamics, more rapid flow of fluid can lead to decreased pressure on the surrounding areas. This can be applied to the blocked nose where air must pass through faster and with more fluidity so as to ensure that there is less pressure on the ears, which will keep them from getting clogged.
Persistent clogged ears and nasal congestion can also point towards an infection and should be checked by a doctor immediately.
Hello sir, Is there any medicine which she can use before making sexual relationship for risk of pregnancy. If yes please tell me the name and how long she can take for safe sex. Is there any side effects for that?
After a pregnancy of long nine months and tough delivery, your body needs time to recover. Your doctor won't suggest you until your six-week postpartum checkups are done. Give yourself some time before you start watching you're actively trying to slim down. These activities will include - a healthy diet, breastfeed, working out with your baby, meditation and cardio. For long term success and to keep you feel good along the way; we are running down a series of articles to help you lose and stay slim! let's start with eating smart!
Eat smart to lose weight after pregnancy
Since your body needs abundant rest and nutrition to recover from delivery and labor, to fend off infection and to feed your baby, you shouldn't start dieting until you are permitted by your doctor. Make sure you're still consuming enough calories if you are breastfeeding otherwise your body will stop producing milk. Even if you're not nursing, crash dieting can slow down your metabolism, making it tough to lose pounds in the long run.
Regardless of a particular diet plan, follow below tips for weight loss postpartum:
Check your portions and have a balanced diet. Take small meals and only when you are hungry. You need to have a balanced diet fulfilling all your daily nutrient requirements. Your diet must comprise an adequate amount of carbohydrates, proteins, the necessary fatty acids, and fibers. The meal should include seasonal fruits and vegetables, low-fat dairy foodstuffs, fish, lean meat and omega acids. Whole grains, cereals, and nuts are full of proteins and good fats. Consider, you need to eat healthy, but not much. The food you eat will provide nutrition to your child through breastfeeding.
Nutritive snacks. No junk and fast food. Have some fruits, a fruit drink, oat cookies, nuts or soaked grams for munching.
Boost up your water intake. Ten to twelve glasses of water per day will help you to cut down on weight effectively. Further, add lemon or squeeze in the seasonal fruit juice. Avoid adding salt as salt leads to water retention in the body.
Avoid packed 'non-fat' or 'low-fat' food. These packaged items are loaded with high calories.
Do not start dieting strictly. If you can exercise with a healthy diet, it will further help you weight loss.
Medimetry brings you this special series of blogs specifically written for new moms who are keen to lose weight. Watch this space for expert views on:
Breastfeed and lose weight
Work out with your kid
Cardio and weight loss training for postpartum weight
Meditate to lose weight
Focus on leading a healthy lifestyle and not a lean lifestyle. Post pregnancy your body needs maximum care, focus on you and your baby's well-being.
Please suggest me a medicine to delay the periods as I have to go to a religious place and how many times it till to taken and for how many days? My periods will start from 16th.
High protein food
It is high #protein and low-fat diet which helps in nourishing the muscles and #provide better growth and development to the body as well as supports in maintaining healthy body weight and aids #weight loss.
Contains polyunsaturated fats
It contains 2 to 3 times more polyunsaturated fats ( the good type of fat) than the red meat thus helps in managing weight.
Benefits of #chicken for brain
It acts as a good natural anti-depressant due to the presence of high level of tryptophan, which is an amino acid having mind relaxing property and provides comfort feeling if eaten a big bowl of mom's chicken soup.
It increases the serotonin level in the brain of a person feeling depressed, enhances mood level and blasts out the stress by stimulating sleep.
It contains vitamin b5 (pantothenic acid) which has a calming effect on the nerves thus reduces the stress level.
Prevents dangerous brain diseases
Niacin and selenium (antioxidant-rich nutrients) found in it prevents from the dangerous brain disease called alzheimer's disease.
Benefits of chicken for bone and teeth
Prevents bone loss
It helps in preventing bone loss among senior citizens people. It prevents from the old age bone problems like osteoporosis and arthritis. Adding chicken to the diet helps in fighting with bone loss as it is protein packed diet.
Contains essential minerals
It contains a high level of phosphorus and calcium which are essential minerals required for the normal growth and development of the teeth and bones.
I am a 25 years old women. I have a 3 months old baby girls. I have a problem with irregular menstruation. Two times in a month it is seen.
I had unprotected sex on 10th March and took an ipill in 24hours. I didn't have any bleeding after that. My period was expected on 29th March but I haven't got it yet, it's 6th April today. I had a spot bleeding after intercourse last night and I was happy thinking I got my period. But it was only one drop, I've been dry after that. Could I be pregnant?
I am 23 years old female. I am suffering from irregular mensuration. I will be travelling around 5 hrs per day. Is travelling may be reason?
From past few days I had been getting intimate a lot of time and now I have started to bleed and the blood is coming g out in the form of lumps. I had sex on 22 may early morning and took contraceptive pill around 9 in the night on 22 may, the next day wen we got Intimate I had few rashes and a burning sensation after a gap of 2 day he again ejected that Is on 24 or 25 which I exactly don't remember and today is 26 may wen we had sex and I did bleed pretty much and wen I went to washroom. The blood was in the form of big lumps.
Hi I am newly married on jan 30 and her period was on 10 of last mont and this mont she dosent had her date on 10 but she had her date on 15 I want to know that is there any chances of pregnancy please explain in brief.
I am 17 years old. My weight is 80kg. I am not having my periods regularly. And i need to cut down my belly. Which medicine will be effective?
Only 3 days periods has came and its little so what will be the causes and body is paining and leg is paining so much.
A lime may be one of the smallest things when you go shopping for fruits and vegetable shopping, but it is one of the richest. The health benefits that a lime carries are just too many, and it packs in too much of goodness. While the vitamin C is what immediately comes to our mind, there is more to it. Read on to know some of the most common benefits of the small, powerful lemon.
- A powerhouse of essential vitamins and minerals: A lime is a source of various vitamins and minerals, including potassium which is essential for heart health, good nerve function, and maintaining blood pressure levels. It also reduces cancer as it contains antioxidants and bioflavonoids.
- Fights infection: We all know lime to be very good at fighting cold and cough. Not just that. It even is useful in more severe infections like cholera and E.coli infections. As cholera is transmitted by food, adding lime to foods helps prevent this transmission.
- Heart healthy: Lime is rich in antioxidants which keep the arteries healthy and improve blood circulation. They also reduce the buildup of plaque in the walls of the arteries. This also reduces hardening of the arteries, reduces the onset of blood pressure, and improves overall heart health. Including lime peel and lime oil in the diet can provide these benefits.
- Drink to your health: Starting the morning with a glass of lime juice (with some honey added to taste) can be the best way to start the day. It provides energy and boosts you to begin the day like nothing else can.
- Glowing skin and hair: After squeezing out the juice from the lime, rub the lime onto your face and see the skin glowing. If that sounds not feasible, apply lime oil to your face to keep the skin elastic and youthful. Applying lime to the hair is a natural way to keep the hair shiny and black.
- Moving the joints: Uric acid can accumulate in the joints and cause bone pain and discomfort. Citric acid from the lime ensures this uric acid accumulation is reduced, thereby reducing gout and inflammation.
- Weight loss: The citric acid is an excellent fat burner, and drinking two glasses of warm lime water per day can show obvious results in a week’s time.
- Add fragrance to your food: Lemon oil which is made from the peel can be used as a good flavouring agent to many dishes including curries and pickles. While the tanginess is not considerable like using a full lime, it still gives the fragrance and flavour of a lime.
With these benefits, the next time you go vegetable shopping, don’t forget to throw in a couple of lemons.